• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

my first retexture. will user plate armor

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
my first retexture. will user plate armor

like I said, this is my first retexture so go easy on me. its obviously not finished yet, as this is only the "shirt" part or the suit. some of the parts are a little jacked up but now I know I can do it and I know what to fix. I will update this when its finished. anyway, let me know what you think of it.

retexture1.jpg

retexture2.jpg

I think Im just going to stick to highlighting the ruins with the mana blue and not mess with that yellow crap.

oh yes and credit goes to Hodgepodge for his retexturing guide that I used for this.

ok, here is the finished product. scroll down for more pics.

4-15-200953016PM.jpg

4-15-200953036PM.jpg

4-15-200953003PM.jpg

edit: added pics of the texture to use to make this yourself. feel free to make it into a mergable big (I would but I suck and dont know how to do it right) to share with everyone but please give me credit if you do.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score
Re: my first retexture. will user plate armor

looks good +rep , it would look way cooler if the effect was applied to the shoulder pads as well

jwc2200

Reaction score

Looks good, I think you would be right to leave the yellow out. The piping is a cool idea.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

um, yeah this is really embarrassing but I made a newbish mistake and didnt save a backup of that texture. doh! so..... if someone could post a picture of the TEXTURE_HERO_PLATEARMOUR_SHIRT_NEUTRAL that would be great.

edit: anyway, here is the entire torso part with the palderons included. each part is taking me several hours to do so this is probably it for today.

4-14-200945144PM.jpg

4-14-200945229PM.jpg

4-14-200945236PM.jpg

4-14-200945244PM.jpg

4-14-200944739PM.jpg

changed the yellow to blue for now until someone is kind enough to provide me the origial. (im saving original copies of everything else obviously) lower parts of sholders now have purple runes instead of red.

I am working on the rest of the suit, I will update it when I finish more parts so dont ask me to do the entire thing. Im working on it.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

looking much nicer :) i am anticipating seeing the rest of the armor when it's complete

D

DarkeTiger

It's looking really good so far.

You might want to add some dark patches around the blue belts, so they look more 'belty' and less like a solid colour.

The purple looks good, dunno how you managed to come up with it though. I would have just kept that section the same as the rest of the shoulder pads

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Argh, stupid school computers won't allow me to see them TJ! I have to go through one of the censorship sites and it blocks images in spoiler tags. Lemme see if I can change those settings... And good to see you getting into modding! :D

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Jason gave me a copy of the original plate shirt so now I can fix it and leave the belts alone.

edit: finished product!!!

4-15-200952900PM.jpg

how I missed that key, I will never know. probably cuz Iv beaten the game so many times I just dont care.

4-15-200952913PM.jpg

4-15-200952921PM.jpg

4-15-200952930PM.jpg

4-15-200952936PM.jpg

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

double post for more pics.

4-15-200952943PM.jpg

4-15-200953003PM.jpg

4-15-200953016PM.jpg

4-15-200953036PM.jpg

They call me Runemaster.

jwc2200

Reaction score

That looks great. Now you can make a mergable big to share this with others. I got this info from a post of morerunes at FTLCMod:

use .big instead of .fmp

basically, make your changes to textures.big, and instead of going to file>>create fable mod package, you right click on textures.big at the top and click save changes as big
then, later, you just right click textures.big and click merge big, and choose the saved big

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

jwc2200;290583 said:
That looks great. Now you can make a mergable big to share this with others. I got this info from a post of morerunes at FTLCMod:

use .big instead of .fmp

basically, make your changes to textures.big, and instead of going to file>>create fable mod package, you right click on textures.big at the top and click save changes as big
then, later, you just right click textures.big and click merge big, and choose the saved big

sorry but I really dont understand that. I just followed Hodgepodge's guide "retexturing for dummies" to do this. so I have no idea what your talking about. Iv never gone to file>create fable mod package befor either.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Don't go to file. When you open FE, open textures, apply your retextures to the suit again(you don't even have to put the originals back, just reapply to the changed bmps) after you have made the changes just right click textures.big, a list of options will pop up, click 'Save Changes As Big', save the file, then upload it to a file sharing site. You don't even have to 'Save Mods and Run Fable', just close FE after you save the big.

X

Xeon

I think the purple takes focus off the mana lines, and if it was me I would change the standard grey color to either blue or white, maybe a more shiny platin look.

Nice work though.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

here are the texture to make this yourself. just save the pics onto your computer and put them in the game. if you dont know, check out Retexturing for Dummies. feel free to make it into a mergable big to share with others but please give me credit if you do. I dont mod mutch but the next time I do I might do it but in the meantime here are the texture to do it yourself.

boots
platebootsedited-2.jpg

gloves
plateglovesedited-2.jpg

pants
platepantsedited-2.jpg

shirt
plateshirtneutralfixed-2.jpg

sholderpads
platesholderpadneutraledited-2.jpg

as you can see, all those runes were already on the armor, I just highlighted them with the color.

Archaon

Lord of End Times
Reaction score

Hot damn that sexy, I should do some Armour.

X

Xeon

Hmmm, I gotta find a color that highlights the lines... black maybe

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

It's a bloody nice retexture, that.

jwc2200

Reaction score

It looks great. Here is a mergable big:
http://www.box.net/shared/mkq5eh2etp

To merge the big using FE:
right click textures.big and click merge big, and choose the saved big.
After it does its thing click Actions, Save Mods and Run Fable.

Lord-Albion

Lord of Albion
Reaction score

Ownage stuff mate +rep for you :p this kinda inspired me to change a plate armor to a Lichking armor from WoW :p

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

it would be cool if the leggins were black instead of brown, and u added a helmet man. but other than that, great great job