• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

my girlfriend knocked over my xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
I'm afraid not. I might have but I have a terrible memory so... yeah.

I'll give you a clue:

He works in a hospital, he's a severe misanthrope, and he used to be good friends with Fry.

Reaction score
I'm afraid not. I might have but I have a terrible memory so... yeah.

I stop believing a person when they brag about having a boyfriend/girlfriend or if they go a little overboard with it. Okay, to be honest, I don't believe anyone ever. I take the things people say with a grain of salt.
umm ok? but i must say that wont get u far in life, about not beliveing "anybody" that might be taking it overboard

Pink

Reaction score
oh man, bad luck. I did that to my boyfriends Modern Warefare 2 game months ago. It was his fault though, he was too damn excited to play it that he just set the Xbox up in the middle of our bedroom. I walked in out of the shower and I didn't see it and it was became knocked over. The CD had like a circle embedded in it, and it wouldn't get past the menu screen. He flipped out on me, so for punishment for his actions, he didn't get laid for a week. Then he came and said sorry, so my advice to scheezz is, better say your sorry for yelling at her, she will hold it against you.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I'll give you a clue:

He works in a hospital, he's a severe misanthrope, and he used to be good friends with Fry.

Damn it... it's on the tip of my tongue but I'm still drawing a blank. >: |

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
they aint no way to refund it?

Reaction score
they aint no way to refund it?
If you get a warranty when you pre ordered our bought it, its good for like 60 days, or 30 days, something like that, and they will completly give you a new copy

Archmenel

Reaction score
Incidents like those are something one is always wise to prepare for beforehand. Then you can take a deep breath...exhale, grab the ruined disc, and save it for the next time you need objects to throw at passing drivers.

Well though, if you're like me and have performed surgery on your console and yet were too lazy to put it back together after working on heatsinks and replacing thermal paste (which did not fix the problem...I'm not an electrician) then you needn't trouble yourself ever again with the fear of 'what if I knock it over'?

That mangled piece of machinery is permanently flat on the ground...with the little fortress I've built around it to keep her damned cat off of it.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
I'll give you a clue:

Dr. Zoidberg obviously.

Dipper

Reaction score
I'm lucky. I knocked my xbox over once and didn't damage a disc. Or the machine. It was the scariest moment of my life.

Knocked over my Box for the first time like a week ago whilst playing FF13. Didn't damage the 360 (yes, almost had a heart attack, myself), but I did screw up my third disc. Now I'm renting my copy out of Blockbuster just so I can beat the boss. Feels bad, man.

lao113

Reaction score
causing the laser reader to burn the s*** out of my fable 3 game.
now i can't play it.

it was almost an relationship ender.
Let me replace her! I can fulfill your deepest desires!

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Knocked over my Box for the first time like a week ago whilst playing FF13. Didn't damage the 360 (yes, almost had a heart attack, myself), but I did screw up my third disc. Now I'm renting my copy out of Blockbuster just so I can beat the boss. Feels bad, man.

Rent the game from blockbuster. Swap the discs over. Return the broken version.

A lot of the time Blockbuster just have a "I'm too busy to deal with mere humans" kind of attitude. They usually never notice even the biggest of scratches.

Autarch

Reaction score
It is your own fault for putting your 360 standing up. :|

Sure, all those moronic Microsoft ads have it standing up but anyone who wants the console to last more than five minutes has it on it's side for a reason.

Jace

Reaction score
causing the laser reader to burn the s*** out of my fable 3 game.
now i can't play it.

it was almost an relationship ender.
Hey man if you have a local gamestop or movie rental shop they have disk repair machines. They will charge you around 5 bucks to fix it. But that isn't bad considering you paid 60 bucks for the game.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
If that happened to me, I would be like "Oh well. I'll get another copy."

Assassin's Creed, on the other hand...

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
Rent the game from blockbuster. Swap the discs over. Return the broken version.

A lot of the time Blockbuster just have a "I'm too busy to deal with mere humans" kind of attitude. They usually never notice even the biggest of scratches.

lol, thats exactly what I did when my Mass Effect 2 second disc was cracked. Best decision I ever made!

Reactions: Rat
Status
Not open for further replies.