• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My handwriting...

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So I was on the phone with my mother the other day and she wanted me to make a CD for her of some stuff, figured I'd use a pen & paper and give my fingers a break from the keyboard. So I go to make the list and--OH MY GOD. I HAVE THE HANDWRITING OF A FREAKIN' FIVE YEAR OLD!!! I mean look at this crap:

mybadhandwriting.jpg

...It used to be beautiful. And then it dawned on me, I haven't properly written something on paper in years and have instead relied heavily on the use of a keyboard/keypad to communicate, handle business, and put my thoughts down. I'm completely out of practice. My last few jobs offered little necessity for such a thing and I don't have as much free time in the day or interest to keep up on the old hobby of writing. I think the use of a keyboard has spoiled me, it's so much easier to simply type away at the speed of light without ever worrying if it's legible. I feel kinda bad now.

So, how is your handwriting fairing nowadays? Especially those of you who aren't in school anymore. Has the age of the internet and incessant texting ever played a factor for you?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Mine has always been terrible, but I've never really cared to improve it. I don't write often, but when I do I can't help but feel that it's progressively getting worse. :lol:

Azer249

Reaction score
Well mine isn't really terrible, but it's so damn curley that it is sometimes hard to read.

Seriously it's like i'm constantly writing in calligraphy... I'll get an example tomorrow.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Welcome to the computer age.

I can't write for crap.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I tend to write in block capitals now just so no one can get confused including myself

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I write similarly to Azer. I would make all my Gs and Ys and Js with these amazing long, swirly pig tails, and all the curliness in the rest of my alphabets confuse many people, myself included. I just love my keyboard too much to write with a hand these days.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I remember us having this conversation a while ago and I agree, my handwriting has gone downhill over the years as im out of practice. I very rarely have to write anything these days and use computers for pretty much everything.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I used to have really ugly handwriting. Then this friend came along and I actually took over some of his.

Now I just have many styles and I use them depending on the situation. I do have good handwriting (people say it's a woman's handwriting) and the funny thing about it is the more I write the worse it gets. I remember when I went back to school after summer breaks it would be immaculate and then slowly degrade over the year. I guess it was due to having to write so much that I simply stopped caring and went quantity over quality.

Also, I consider every writing good as long as its legible, from there its just a matter of personal style.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
My handwriting was the worst in my grade in grades K-8, when such things used to matter. I never cared to improve it, I never bothered to memorize or try cursive, but I'm one of the fastest typists of anyone I know IRL, clocking at a respectable 90-100 wpm.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
My handwriting was the worst in my grade in grades K-8, when such things used to matter. I never cared to improve it, I never bothered to memorize or try cursive, but I'm one of the fastest typists of anyone I know IRL, clocking at a respectable 90-100 wpm.

That's impressive. Think of all the people you could insult and troll at that speed. Im actually jealous

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
My handwriting is garbage. It has barely improved since I was a child. Like you, I just don't write things very often.

For that matter, I can't read out loud very well either. I almost sound illiterate when I do. I can read just fine, Im just not very good at reading and speaking at the same time.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
MY handwriting..HAR HAR HAR HAR

While it's still as beautiful as ever, it changes all the time. I can start a page of writing with Print, and it'll be all bubbly, halfway throught it'll get scrawly, and in cursive, and its like I'm a psycho how often it changes in one paragraph.

Reaction score
My hand writing was always a load of crap, starting out from childhood and on through college. Sometimes I could start off and essay neatly but it would soon devolve into inconsistent drudge on paper as I progressed especially if I was writing on a time limit. I suppose it didn't help that my primary school forced us to write in joined up handwriting and we had to write certain letters in an exact way depending on which teacher we had, if I had been allowed to develop my own writing style into something I was comfortable with then my handwriting might have turned out a little better. I never did get used to having to write my r's like v's with an awkward prong coming off the end, dropped it around the time I started college and released I didn't have to anymore, I did it my way from then on.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
My handwriting is a cool kind of scruffy-but readable sort of thing. It literally reflects my personality.