• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Rant of Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
Personally, this game caught my attention, but after reading reviews, finding others opinions, and sensing the overall feel of the forums, I have drawn my conclusion.

The Story
Fable I had a good story, cliched, but good enough. Fable II was... totally pathetic. I seriously never felt connected to the plot. In Fable III, they divided the game into two parts: Being Rebel, Being King. Well the Rebel part would seem great if it was longer, but as soon as you're finished you find yourself being a total ass to the people to save them from the Crawler. ALL the work they put into the King stage (which barely anyone likes to say the least) was time and effort they could've added to the Rebel Stage, making it longer, more depthful, and more appealing. Seriously LionHead, focus on a core Storyline Plot, and don't go splitting it up.

The Weapons
Fable I and Fable II had weapons with increasing value and whatnot, damage, type, etc and all. Well Fable III has a morphing system, which would be cool if it was made like it appeared would be made. This was a total letdown, and forces players to turn AutoSave off, restart their XBOX, and do what they need to do to get the look wanted. Seriously Lionhead, just make it where WE can choose what we want it to look like, or return to your old style in I and II.

Ease and Pleasure
Sure, Fable is meant for casual gamers looking for nothing more than to chill and play a fun game. But is that what we're looking for in a Mature Rated game? Make the combat more harder or something! Lionhead, just make easy games for kids please.

Combat
Totally disconnected. I mean seriously, did you have to make it painstakingly unbearable? You run in, bash a few people with the same weapon, or shoot'em with the same gun, or use overpowered spells? A PERFECT way to enhance this is if Lionhead played Assassin's Creed, which has a great combat system.

Features
Lionhead finds ALL this cool stuff to put into the game, and as they work so fast and to a specific date, they drop things, leave things out, overhype it, etc. They remind me of kids with three legos getting excited to build a massive skyscraper.

There is my small rant. I am logging off, and will not be back. The worst part is that I already asked this for C-Mas, and I hope I never get it. AC Brotherhood for life.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
Personally, this game caught my attention, but after reading reviews, finding others opinions, and sensing the overall feel of the forums, I have drawn my conclusion.

The Story
Fable I had a good story, cliched, but good enough. Fable II was... totally pathetic. I seriously never felt connected to the plot. In Fable III, they divided the game into two parts: Being Rebel, Being King. Well the Rebel part would seem great if it was longer, but as soon as you're finished you find yourself being a total ass to the people to save them from the Crawler. ALL the work they put into the King stage (which barely anyone likes to say the least) was time and effort they could've added to the Rebel Stage, making it longer, more depthful, and more appealing. Seriously LionHead, focus on a core Storyline Plot, and don't go splitting it up.

The Weapons
Fable I and Fable II had weapons with increasing value and whatnot, damage, type, etc and all. Well Fable III has a morphing system, which would be cool if it was made like it appeared would be made. This was a total letdown, and forces players to turn AutoSave off, restart their XBOX, and do what they need to do to get the look wanted. Seriously Lionhead, just make it where WE can choose what we want it to look like, or return to your old style in I and II.

Ease and Pleasure
Sure, Fable is meant for casual gamers looking for nothing more than to chill and play a fun game. But is that what we're looking for in a Mature Rated game? Make the combat more harder or something! Lionhead, just make easy games for kids please.

Combat
Totally disconnected. I mean seriously, did you have to make it painstakingly unbearable? You run in, bash a few people with the same weapon, or shoot'em with the same gun, or use overpowered spells? A PERFECT way to enhance this is if Lionhead played Assassin's Creed, which has a great combat system.

Features
Lionhead finds ALL this cool stuff to put into the game, and as they work so fast and to a specific date, they drop things, leave things out, overhype it, etc. They remind me of kids with three legos getting excited to build a massive skyscraper.

There is my small rant. I am logging off, and will not be back. The worst part is that I already asked this for C-Mas, and I hope I never get it. AC Brotherhood for life.

Oh dear... that was rather dramatic. I'd say at least give the game a playthrough first!

Status
Not open for further replies.