• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Review of Heroes

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
I spent a couple hours on this with my little brothers and 5 year old sister.
It's not Fable. Really. I didn't expect it to be, though, and I tried to keep an open mind on the game.

Alright, Gameplay... It's pretty fun, but the hack and slash gets old, rather fast. The ability board they have is good enough, but it's made to have you replay levels again and again, and it sorta shirks off the Fable customization aspect. Which, in all honesty, is completely missing from this game. The game ends most levels... All, really, with a choice between a mini-game (Normally decently fun but shallow) or a boss battle. (These are fun, and a decent battle on the highest difficulty, but are rather bland, and tend to drag on) You pick between different characters but it really boils down to either ranged or melee characters. Otherwise, every character plays the same. (x) for quick attacks, (y) for a slow flourish. It's boringly simple, but works.

Looks sorta surprised me. It REALLY seems like they reused almost all the Fable 3 Models, with a new coat of paint. Animations for the characters are really more detailed or nicer than I expected. Oddly, hobbes are really the exact same hobbes from in 3. The cartoony aspect of the game is rather well done, and, well... Pretty. Yeah... I don't have much to say.

I feel like it's sad to say this, but this game is harder and more punishing than Fable 3. Really. On Challenging, the Hardest difficulty, it's sort of challenging. Ooh, guess what? You still can't die in this. Shocker, right? When you run out of health, you turn into a ghost... You run around, and on lower difficulties are invincible, and can hit things, but on Challenging, I believe you can't do anything. If you pick up health, you respawn with no consequence. Which is good for this kind of game, actually.

All in all, I really like it as a small game, and as a quick fix for a multiplayer game with my siblings, but the content seems to run out and get boring a lot quicker than I'd hoped for a 10 dollar game. I had more fun than I thought too, having my littlest sister play, but that sorta speaks of what their audience is if a 5 year old had almost no problems on the hardest setting.

At any rate, I recommend it for a short, family-friendly game if you've got some money to burn, otherwise, as we all knew, avoid it.

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
seems reasonable

I guess I was right on my judgments

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
If I liked Kinect I'd like that game, honestly it is to bad they didn't release it for Wii their audience is tailored to that kind of game.