• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NAT Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanatos7302

Reaction score
does anyone know how to change nat types from strict to open because i cant get on anyones co-op without it telling me my nat type is to strict

David Wulff

Reaction score
Go to option's inside the sanctuary in your marketplace, there should be an option letting you do this on the right side, even i got into a co-op game at the first try with a ping at around 2000 ms i guess cause my internet suckz ;D

thanatos7302

Reaction score
well i have a cisco valet but i use my laptop to connect would that be the problem?

thanatos7302

Reaction score
no its to far my router is on one side of my house while my xbox is on the other and i cant run a long Ethernet cord through my house either

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
no its to far my router is on one side of my house while my xbox is on the other and i cant run a long Ethernet cord through my house either

So are you plugging the 360 into your laptop or using a wireless signal from your laptop to a wireless adapter in the 360?

thanatos7302

Reaction score
im using a wired connection to my laptop from my xbox and my laptop is connecting to my wireless router...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
im using a wired connection to my laptop from my xbox and my laptop is connecting to my wireless router...

Have you made sure that your 360 is an accepted connection? Can do this in Windows Media Player, also access your router settings and make sure uPNP is selected.

More help here too:

How to change NAT settings

thanatos7302

Reaction score
i have and iv also forwarder all the ports too but i think i get caught up on making an ip for my xbox cause it tells me that my xbox wont connect with a static ip and it has to change everytime i log on...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
i have and iv also forwarder all the ports too but i think i get caught up on making an ip for my xbox cause it tells me that my xbox wont connect with a static ip and it has to change everytime i log on...

Can you not set it to automatically detect settings?

thanatos7302

Reaction score
yeah but it still says my nat type is to strict i think i might just go get a wireless adapter and see if that will fix it

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
yeah but it still says my nat type is to strict i think i might just go get a wireless adapter and see if that will fix it

Normally just needs some playing around with settings and firewall settings but depends if you want a better connection.

thanatos7302

Reaction score
ill see but i doubt it will work cause iv done tried alot of things

The Dragon

Reaction score
You can try calling your ISP and seeing if they can open ports for you, I've heard of that helping some people. I'm having this same problem, even after I've forwarded the ports on my house's firewall. Unfortunately for me, my ISP is an alumni of my fraternity and is incredibly hard to get ahold of :(

Status
Not open for further replies.