• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nazi Uniforms...taboo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So I got into a heated discussion with an acquaintance of mine about army uniforms(don't ask). I mentioned the Nazi uniforms, especially the black SS ones, as being pretty damn snappy. No, not snappy, they are damn awesome! She flew of her handle and got really mad, yelling at me how nobody in their right mind can like any aspect of the Nazis.

I mean look at them! They even had little skulls on their hats! Considering that they are thought of by many to be the epitome of human evil already, putting skulls on your pitch black uniform brings it up to another level of evil. Comic book villain evil.

Sure the Nazis sucked major balls but damn, they were snappy dressers. Or I'm I just a dirty Neo-Nazi for thinking so?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Nazi anything is definitely taboo but next time you talk to your co-worker you tell her that this Jew agrees with you.

Being that it's taboo and all, I'm having trouble invisioning a situation where I'd be able to say that to someone's face without either not being taken seriously or offending them.
That aside, this is the anonymous internet. I can say without fear of repercussion that those uniforms are damn fashionable.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me if you like their outfits, more power to you. On the other hand I can see where she's coming from. The Nazis did a lot of horrible things in their time and as such their uniforms have become a symbol of their work. Still, they are pretty cool looking.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
True. But on the other hand, just because I find their uniforms to be a lot snappier than the rather boring allied ones doesn't mean that I approve of anything they did.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
It's more their insignias that drive people over the edge, namely the swastika.

I'm no different. When ever I seen anything Nazi related I immediately cringe away.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Well, the uniforms were designed by a famous German fashion designer from that time (if my AP Euro teacher wasn't lying to me) so it's understandable they have an alluring appearance. I personally like them. And Jews. I like Jews and Nazi uniforms.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
So I got into a heated discussion with an acquaintance of mine about army uniforms(don't ask). I mentioned the Nazi uniforms, especially the black SS ones, as being pretty damn snappy. No, not snappy, they are damn awesome! She flew of her handle and got really mad, yelling at me how nobody in their right mind can like any aspect of the Nazis.

I mean look at them! They even had little skulls on their hats! Considering that they are thought of by many to be the epitome of human evil already, putting skulls on your pitch black uniform brings it up to another level of evil. Comic book villain evil.

Sure the Nazis sucked major balls but damn, they were snappy dressers. Or I'm I just a dirty Neo-Nazi for thinking so?
Im 100% with you on this one. the Nazis had the best uniforms. All my friends agree with me too, it always comes up when we watch a movie with Nazis in it. "man they have bad ass uniforms" "i know right!"

BTW i am so jelly of Redskulls outfit in the new captain america movie, he looks like a wizard... A WIZARD

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I liked that one guy's emo fringe.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
It's indeed very simple. The Nazis sucked. But their uniforms rocked. And as stated above, Redksull looked pretty awesome, too.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I would have to look at it by uniform, not by faction. The Nazis were evil and have been fodder fuel for movies and games since they came into power, for good reason. But, just looking objectively at the uniform, it looked awesome, even the flag around the arm (In my opinion it was a badass flag.) was awesome.

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I love the uniforms. Every time I see a documentary and see and see them standing outside the Berghof with their black uniforms and white gloves, I get that giddy feeling in my head and think: Man! that uniform looks good! Only problem is the all the evil it's associated with, if only a more noble organisation thought of it first. (I suppose it doesn't help that Red, black and white is one of my favourite colour combinations, so the colours they used appealed to me a lot.)

Even the combat versions: the Waffen SS uniforms look impressive, for a WW2 uniform it actually looks quite modern.

http://www.atthefront.com/german/packagedeals/images/waffenssimpression/g_pkg_SS_impression_dot.jpg

The Nazis were horrible people who did terrible things, but you can't deny they had style.

Cain

Reaction score
I would have to look at it by uniform, not by faction. The Nazis were evil and have been fodder fuel for movies and games since they came into power, for good reason. But, just looking objectively at the uniform, it looked awesome, even the flag around the arm (In my opinion it was a badass flag.) was awesome.

Its such a shame about the symbol. It means peace and good luck, but that 5000 year old meaning seems to have been forgotten by western culture because some idiot thought it would look nice on a flag.

On the uniform, uniforms are used to give a sense of organisation, unity and to make the group in subject more attractive to people observing. Its why armies and schools use them. Thinking uniforms look cool isn't wrong no matter what group they belong to. After all its what they were made to do.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I like the uniforms. I mean, they're pretty snazzy.

I don't think the fact the Nazi's did some nasty s**t should get in the way of this bold fashion statement.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I like the uniforms. I mean, they're pretty snazzy.

I don't think the fact the Nazi's did some nasty s**t should get in the way of this bold fashion statement.

The statement was "we are superior"... so... I disagree. :eek:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The statement was "we are superior"... so... I disagree. :O

Well, on the subject of uniform fashion, they got us there...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Why would a military uniform need to be fashionable?

willy.jpg

"Now, the kilt was only for day-to-day wear. In battle, we donned a full-length ball gown covered in sequins. The idea was to blind your opponent with luxury!"

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
I agree, I think the SS uniforms both black and the beige ones look awesome, I wasn't a fan of the normal gray soldier uniforms but both the SS uniforms looked awesome.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
The statement was "we are superior"... so... I disagree. :eek:

Yeah but look at it!! They're being superior in a stylish way. Like Daleks. If you think about it.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
On the uniform, uniforms are used to give a sense of organisation, unity and to make the group in subject more attractive to people observing. Its why armies and schools use them. Thinking uniforms look cool isn't wrong no matter what group they belong to. After all its what they were made to do.

Uniforms are used as a brainwashing device to suppress the individual and dissolve it into the group; such people are easier to control and manipulate.

On the subject of Nazis. Indeed, that uniform is awesome. I sigh every time someone goes bonkers over subjects like Nazi weaponry or uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.