• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New to Final Fantasy

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
I know it's hard to believe, but I've never played a FF game before. But I am interested!

So, I was wondering what you all would say are the best Final Fantasy games, and which ones I should play.

Thanks ^_^

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I think 4 is an excellent place to start, personally. I was really never that fond of it, but it's a great introductory into what Final Fantasy really is. The remake of 2 was one of my favorites, personally, and 7 and 9 are fantastic.

But really, From 10 backwards you can't go wrong. Just choose a game and have fun. 11 and 14 are MMO's, and 12 and 13 are good only if you have the tastes for them. :3

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Final Fantasy IX and X were my favourite ones personally.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Start with 7 then go to 9 & 10, after that any direction is good. 8 is my personal favorite, but its systems can get frustrating over their complexities and limitations for newcomers.

I highly recommend getting your hands on Lost Odyssey though, it's the spiritual successor to the older Final Fantasies by the original creator and a perfect alternative if the newer FFs are not to your liking.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
The last FF game i played was the last boss in FF7. I was 12 if that.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
I highly recommend getting your hands on Lost Odyssey though
I played through Lost Odyssey a couple of years ago, I remember it being a lot of fun so FF should be up my street.

Thanks for your suggestions guys :)