• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New xbox.

Cypha The Don

Whats a Goblin to a Demon
Reaction score
So my brother was gonna get me the 4gb. I just spoke to him and he's gonna get me the 250 instead. So Im gonna buy fable with my own money it looks like. If everything works out with my school credits I should have enough money to get fable and the other games I want :)

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
So my brother was gonna get me the 4gb. I just spoke to him and he's gonna get me the 250 instead. So Im gonna buy fable with my own money it looks like. If everything works out with my school credits I should have enough money to get fable and the other games I want :)

Ooookaaaaay.

Cypha The Don

Reaction score
i shudda got an xbox instead of ps3 lol

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What other games you got in mind?

Cypha The Don

Reaction score
Mw3 bf3 gow3 Batman arkham city saints row 3 . Sorry its my grammar is horrible lol I'm replying from my phone haha

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
I prefer the PS3 over the X-Box 360.

I prefer PC above all else.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
^Me neither. I find that the variety of Xbox exclusive games trumps PS3 exclusive games, and a PC constantly needs to be upgraded to keep up with the progression of video game quality, which makes it inferior to both in my mind despite modding capabilities.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
^Me neither. I find that the variety of Xbox exclusive games trumps PS3 exclusive games, and a PC constantly needs to be upgraded to keep up with the progression of video game quality, which makes it inferior to both in my mind despite modding capabilities.

Well, in reality, the PS3 is a more powerful machine; Hardware wise. I remember when it was first released, it was rocking TWO 9800 GTX's, where-as the X-Box 360 is rocking ONE 9800 GTX. Plus, the PS3 has Free Multiplayer. You don't have to pay a ridiculous X-Box Live fee. I also prefer the Themes and Layout of the PS3, rather than that of the 360; However, I do admit that Microsoft servers are far more dependable than Sony servers.

As for PC's, you don't have to always keep updating. If you just want your graphics to look like an X-Box 360, then just buy a 9800GTX. They run for about $20 USD now-a-days. Hell, my GTX 570 trumps the 9800GTX ten fold. The only reason I upgrade every time a new one comes out, is because I'm a PC Elitist. I concentrate a lot on Benchmarking, Overclocking, and Folding, and in order to get better scores, etc, you'll always need better hardware. ALWAYS. If you're not into any of that and all you want to do is game, then there's no need to purchase a $2,000 USD computer.

If you're just an average PC user who wants to game, or just an average PC Gamer, you don't need an extreme machine.

Years ago, I figured going PC was by far better than sticking with consoles. First of all, you can go online. You can browse the internet whenever you want. You could store files onto your hard drives and access them at any time (From music to images, and have them playing while you're gaming). You can do photo and video editing. You could record gameplay, or anything else. You could webcam with others, chat with others through NUMEROUS messengers. You can download your games for free, if you're a pirate, OR you can purchase your games legitimately AT A CHEAPER PRICE than what console games are sold for.

Plus, it's been proven that PC Gamers (FPS and RTS genres) are far more skilled than their console brethren.

Sure, we may not get console exclusive games, but really... how many of them were that great that you just HAD to purchase? I've only encountered ONE in the past few years, and that was Red Dead Redemption. Other than that, I haven't missed out on anything.

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
me i like the xbox 360 and ps3 i got a 360 and yesterday i was playing a game at work called fall out man and was thinking 2 trade my 360 for a ps3

Cypha The Don

Reaction score
Hahaha. I've owned literally the entire playstation/Sony series gaming wise. Im even on a SONY Vaio that cost me 1700. I've been a supporter of SONY from the start and always will be, but I'm kind of getting tired of Playstation and its non updated ass lol. The HOME feature have been in beta for ever 2 years seriously? The dashboard is the same and probably will remain the same untill the playstation 4 is released. So I decided to give my brother my PS3 since one of his xbox's broke and he is going to buy me a new 360. Problem solved for both of us lol.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
me i like the xbox 360 and ps3 i got a 360 and yesterday i was playing a game at work called fall out man and was thinking 2 trade my 360 for a ps3

The Fallout series was amazing. They're in the works of making a Fallout MMORPG.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The Fallout series was amazing. They're in the works of making a Fallout MMORPG.

Yeah, but that's being developed by the new Interplay (not the old one), that is, if they make it out of this legal battle with Bethesda right now. Not sure I'm going anywhere near that game though..

As for the platform debate.. my PS3 has been sitting in my closet untouched since last year and I don't feel compelled to mess around with it anytime soon. I only game on my PC & Xbox 360 these days, with some retro gaming on my Dreamcast, Saturn, and PS1 (through PC and other emus of cartridge consoles) from time to time.

PS3 may have lots of power and free online gaming, but its online service isn't as good as Xbox Live.. and what good is all that power when only a small handful of games are properly utilizing it (specifically PS3 exclusives), while the multi-platform titles are commonly of a lesser quality than their Xbox 360 counterparts.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
As for PC's, you don't have to always keep updating. If you just want your graphics to look like an X-Box 360, then just buy a 9800GTX. They run for about $20 USD now-a-days. Hell, my GTX 570 trumps the 9800GTX ten fold. The only reason I upgrade every time a new one comes out, is because I'm a PC Elitist. I concentrate a lot on Benchmarking, Overclocking, and Folding, and in order to get better scores, etc, you'll always need better hardware. ALWAYS. If you're not into any of that and all you want to do is game, then there's no need to purchase a $2,000 USD computer.

That's still a problem though. I have no idea what a 9800 GTX is, I would have no idea to install it into a computer, and to top it all off, I have no desire to figure any of that out. It's just so much better and easier to grab your system and know that any game you buy for it will be automatically compatible, and that's exactly what you get with a console.

Plus, I have no idea how some upgrade like that can only cost $20. Before I had an Xbox, my brother and I would sometimes experience issues with certain PC games because our computer wasn't good enough to run them, and when my dad would try to find the right upgrades for us, they would sometimes cost over $100, which is absolutely ridiculous.

you can purchase your games legitimately AT A CHEAPER PRICE than what console games are sold for.

I've never seen console and PC games being sold at different prices.

Sure, we may not get console exclusive games, but really... how many of them were that great that you just HAD to purchase? I've only encountered ONE in the past few years, and that was Red Dead Redemption. Other than that, I haven't missed out on anything.

Well, my console exclusive games include Fable 2, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 1 & 2, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. To me, these games are well worth their own price, plus the money I paid for my Xbox. In fact, Fable 2 was the main reason I bought a 360.

They're in the works of making a Fallout MMORPG.

.. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. .. . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . .. . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. .. . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . .. .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ...`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
.. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..

Oh jesus...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well, in reality, the PS3 is a more powerful machine; Hardware wise. I remember when it was first released, it was rocking TWO 9800 GTX's, where-as the X-Box 360 is rocking ONE 9800 GTX.

All in all thats true but there is an interesting comparison on WhichBetter.Net. Also a quote from Gamespot's Editor:

In order to decide which is better, Xbox 360 or PS3, we will have to take some of their prominent features into consideration. The Cell engine (microprocessor chip) in PS3 is more capable than Xbox's triple-core Xenon CPU. But the performance of these video game consoles also depends on the graphics processing unit (GPU) to a great extent. Taking that into consideration, Xbox 360, armed with Xenos GPU is far more superior than PS3 armed with RSX GPU.

Its the RAM that has let the PS3 down on its multi-tasking unfortunately recently with them coming out and saying that couldnt pull off cross game chat because of this.

On the exclusive debate that people have been having the PS3 does have more exclusives than the 360 this year for sure. Though as Loki said the PC has had some good exclusives of its own too. All comes down to which you prefer, i do retro gaming on my laptop as i dont have a powerful PC but id like one and my console gaming is done on 360 because it has all the games i want on it. I couldnt justify getting a PS3 because not enough people i know play online with theirs, all multiplatform games id purchase for 360 and the exclusives dont interest me enough to spend the cash.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
That's still a problem though. I have no idea what a 9800 GTX is, I would have no idea to install it into a computer, and to top it all off, I have no desire to figure any of that out. It's just so much better and easier to grab your system and know that any game you buy for it will be automatically compatible, and that's exactly what you get with a console.

Plus, I have no idea how some upgrade like that can only cost $20. Before I had an Xbox, my brother and I would sometimes experience issues with certain PC games because our computer wasn't good enough to run them, and when my dad would try to find the right upgrades for us, they would sometimes cost over $100, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I've never seen console and PC games being sold at different prices.

Well, you need to remember. The same hardware that's in an X-Box 360 and PS3 were released for PC at the same time; However, at the time, the card itself, cost about $200-$300 USD. Because this was years ago, and technology always advances, you could now purchase the same hardware for FAR CHEAPER.

The website I normally purchase my hardware from doesn't have any 9800GTX's, so I found the closest equivalent to it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133334

And that's going for $40 USD.

So yes, it's not entirely $20 USD, but it's still incredibly cheap comparing to the modern $300- $400 USD Video cards.

And as for Console games sold cheaper for PC. I'm not saying they're ALL cheaper. Of course not; However, you'll find a majority of them sold for cheaper:

http://www.steampowered.com

http://www.direct2drive.com

http://www.gamersgate.com

http://www.greenmangaming.com

http://www.gog.com

http://www.impulsedriven.com

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well, you need to remember. The same hardware that's in an X-Box 360 and PS3 were released for PC at the same time; However, at the time, the card itself, cost about $200-$300 USD. Because this was years ago, and technology always advances, you could now purchase the same hardware for FAR CHEAPER.

And as for Console games sold cheaper for PC. I'm not saying they're ALL cheaper. Of course not; However, you'll find a majority of them sold for cheaper:

I wasnt arguing or staking a case merely pointing out that the PS3 isnt universely better than 360 in every department like some people think.

Nearly all PC games are cheaper than their console counterparts from what ive seen.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
I wasnt arguing or staking a case merely pointing out that the PS3 isnt universely better than 360 in every department like some people think.

Nearly all PC games are cheaper than their console counterparts from what ive seen.

I agree with you. It isn't. Like I said, I'm not much of a console person. Don't get me wrong, I've got an X-Box Live account and a PSN account. I just prefer the PS3 for just about everything, but I don't play much console games. I use it mainly for Media purposes.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I agree with you. It isn't. Like I said, I'm not much of a console person. Don't get me wrong, I've got an X-Box Live account and a PSN account. I just prefer the PS3 for just about everything, but I don't play much console games. I use it mainly for Media purposes.

For media purposes and being able to use your own Hard Drive its excellent, though ive never needed anything more than TVersity on my laptops synced with my two 360's (as Media Center is to slow and laggy).