• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Night of The Living Hollow Men

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
Night of The Living Hollow Men

I'll never forget this night, i will not allow myself to forget, the door wont hold for much longer, i guess i should start from the beggining.It was a normal evening like any other, i had finished farming and was making my way to my front door when i noticed some-one standing on the edge of the farm, i dont usualy get visiotrs so i was curiouse, mabye a bit too curiouse for my own good, the fields were filled with golden grain and some cabage patches to the left, the sky was a browny orange colour, as i got closer to the unidentified man, i noticed he had a hug chunk of his body missing from his chest and his skin was alot paler then my own, and he had very little hair. I reached out my hand when he turned around, never in my life had i scene a more horrific sight, he had no jaw and the gap in his chest was infested with maggots and other bugs one can only imagine in there deepest nightmares, alot of his flesh was missing and in his hands where too extremly big axes, i jumped back as the thing swung one of the axes in my direction, i turned around and headed for my home, i was being followed by some weird glowing white balls, one flew into the ground below me and another one of those things began to rise up from the earth, i ran as fast as i could, i turned around to see how many of them there were now. My heart sank. My entire feild was filled with these creatures all slowly moving in on my position as i turned back round i had forgetten i was still running towards my house and i crashed through the door, i fell to the floor but quickly scrambled up, my door was now in peices all over my floor, i scanned my room for somthing to baracade the doorway with, the room was pretty bare a few pictures on the wallas a dining table and some chairs, but all at once i threw the cable and chairs infron of the doorway hoping it hold them back, i remembered the rifle above the fire place and grabbed it, i sat a few feet away from the doorway with my rifle loaded and ready, i waited, and waited aand waited, i began to think it may have all been in my headi was just about to move the table out of the way when a huge axe crashing through the baracade, i fell back and began to fire my rifle franticly i took out two of the things before i had to reload, i ran into the kitchen hoping to escape but i had left the back door open, more of the things entered my house i was cornered, i had no-where else ot run but the cellar. So thats it here i am now locked away in my cellar, i just hope some kind hero will come and find me before those things figure out the latch, i just hope its soon i only have enough down here to last me 3 days.

Ok ive had this on my mind for awhile now and i finaly wrote it up i know its abit crappy well alot crappy but oh well lulz

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Night of The Living Hollow Men

pretty darn good...

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Meh i think it suck too short and not enough detail ><

Eclipse

The Legend
Reaction score

wasnt bad i like it

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Loved it and repped it. Thanks, it was the perfect length to me and kept me interested. What's next please?:wub:

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

^hmm im not really sure where i could go from here but if you want some more i could try i guess :D

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

The cellar door, now in peices, was blown aside by the wind, the body of a farmer laying cold and desolate, two orbs floated above the corpse, white as snow and gave off an aura of pure evil hatred and suffering. The body was mangled and maimed its arm was somwhere over in the corner, all at once the body began to glow, the room began to shake and fill with light, a long white figure began to rise from the corpse slowly it left the body rising into the air, it was horrible it was the image of pure terror itself, all things one is frightened of in one unconceivable package, the white ghoul took the shape of an orb and joined its fellow wisps. The road to bowerstone had become more and more dengerouse, most traders would avoid it whenever possible, some evil lirked in the woods, an unseen enemy which become visable when its too late to do anything about it, more guards where posted in the woods, all mysteriously vanished, a trader named Feldor decided to ignore the many warning about the woods and ventured on his merry way to bowerstone, the trees in brightwood had changed somewhat in such a short time aswell, they were no longer lushouse and propering, but dyeing and decaying, Feldor had lost himself in his thoughts and found himself walking off the road. When he realised what he had done he was too deep in the woods to so anything about it! he walked around confused and scared, the sun was beggining to set and he began to panic, he found himself a hollowed out log nearby, he decided to sit with his back to it and gather himself, and just mabye find his way back to the road he slowly drifted off to sleep.

After an hour or so he was awoken by a bright light coming from behind him, he peeked over the log to see what it was and to his horror it was a bunch of wisp well more of an army! then a bunch, he could hear faint whispers, and the occasional screech of terror, the shispering stopped when a much bigger wisp floated alittle higher into the air." My fellow brothers!" it's voice was shrill and hollow, Feldor could not stand it the voice was driving him to insanity and with only 3 wrods. "Too long have the living ruled this kingdom, too long have we been driven into the ruins of there lost civilisations, TOO LONG HAVE WE BEEN DENIED WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS!" The orbs seemed to dance around in agreement. "Tonight we shall take it back! this world is not long for the living as they fall there souls shall rise up and join our unholy army and eventualy they shall all be cut down, and then when we have what is ours this land will finaly know peace, and then we shall move to the west, then thr north and so forth, but our frist stop shall be bowerstone! tomorrow we fight, but tonight we feast!" The wisp flew straight into the ground, and slowly a giant knight began to rise from the ground, he was wearing rusted platemail armor and a crown made of bones, he had a huge glowly sword and a sheild which he could barley hold up with his stick like arm, he moved towards Feldors position, Feldor was now forzen with fear, he trys to run, his brain sends the comands but his body does not respond, the creature is moving forward at an alarming pace, it lifts up its swords and cuts Feldor in half at the waist, Feldors torso falls to the floor with a fud blood gushing from his lowerhalf, his organs spilling out across the floor, his legs were still stood up blood was squirting into the air, the creature turned round and faced the wisp army "My brother FEST!" almost 400 hollowmen fell onto the body ripping chuncks out of the flesh and devouring his organs, "Sleep now dear city for tomorrow i come back, and this time my work will be complete!"

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Woo, poor Fender. What happens next? +rep again.
Please let him come back somehow.:(

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

The streets of Bowerstone were silent, most people were tucked away in there warm beds in worlds of there own making. A small group of guards were standing at the gate, there were 5 of them in total. Each of them were dressed in regular guard attire, long navy blue coats, brown shirts and pants and black boots. They began to patrol the cortyard when somthing off in the distance caught one guards eye, he gestured for the others to come look but they ignored him, he decided to go and take a look for himself. He walked out of the gate and looked down at the road, he couldnt clearly see what was making its way up the cobblestone road, as he was about to turn around and go back into town an axe came flying as if from no-where and decaptitaded the guard, his head fell to the floor while his body stood up for another few seconds before colapsing into a pool of blood. The other guards saw the horrific site and ran to give help, but the horde of creatures had made there way up the road and were waiting for them, as the guards turned the corner they were met face to face with over 400 undead abominations, the creatures just piled on the guards tearing flesh from bone, snaping bones like twigs and crushing skulls to dust, the horde had made light work of the gaurds.The horde stood silent for a moment then began to cheer, the biggest of the creatures made his way forward and turned to face his undead legion."Tonight my bretherin, tonight this is our vengence, this is our hour of glory, THIS IS NOW OUR WORLD!!, slaughter them all leave none alive!" The undead horde gave another cheer and made there way to the houses across the bridge following there most unholy leader, the legion was split into two groups the first would destroy the market place and the second would take oldtown.

The Assualt was fast, families slaughtered in an instant and those who tried to run where ripped to peices, Old town had a short warning before the undead legions attacked, they used this time well and evacutated as fast as possible, the market place was not as fortunate, Old town was filled with townsfolk running around in chaos, a young girl was seperated from her mother and she wandered down a back alley, there she sat and began to play with her dolly, thats when the creatures began to move in, at first the girl was unnoticed, but she started to cry, one of the creatures heard her and began to close in, it walked slowly towards her and raised its axe. The axe came down with so much force that had it hit the girl should would have been plit in 4, but luckily this was not the case, a hero had jumped down from the roofs just in time and he blocked the creatures strike then thrust his sword through its skull shattering it into athousand peices. The hero was wearing a long brown coat, a black shirt and some baggy blue pants, he also had a peice of cloth covering the lower half of his face, his hair was a dark shade of brown and he was wearing a pair of goggles. He picked up the girl and put her on his back. "hold on tight now" said the hero, who jumped into the air and landed on the roof, he ran across the roof tops, jumping from one to another, trying not to look at the death and destruction below. He took a big leap and landed in a pile of hay outside the city, the girl was crying as he picked her up, "now i want you to do one thing for me" the hero smiled as he said this "run!" He turned around pulled out his rifle and ran back into the city.

I know this one sucks i have a tendancey to start off ok then get worse as i go along sorry.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

The hero is more than unrealistic, and pretty obviously influenced by ninja-related anime.

Dentie

Reaction score

OOH i love them all :p

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

damn, you are getting better than I am at short stories... +rep

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

The town of bowerstone was now silent, most of the surivivors had retreated to the woods nearby, looking onto the wreckage that they once called home. For twenty minutes or so the town lay dead silent an explosion of green light the silence was inturpted, the town was now covered in an eary green mist and in the sky could be seen little white orbs rising into the air pericing the vail of darkness. The villagers watched in horror as there freinds and family where having there souls twisted and corupted, the white lights began to dim, the sky turned an unpleasent shade of red and suddenly a bolt of lightning struck bowerstone laying the city to waste. " mummy mummy, what about the man?" asked a child to her mother. "what man?" the mother replied "The one who saved me from the nasty monsters!" shouted the child. Indeed what did happen to the valient hero? well my freinds that is a story for another time.

Well thats an ending to this story, and i know what your thinking " oh thats bullshi- you cant end it there wtf happens to everyone?!" well this is the first story and the second will be written soon enough, but with me having a **** load of exams im having to revise and all that crap giving me little time to write, but while you w8 i may write the odd poem or EXTREMELY short story, but i wont be able to write anything of this scale for awhile sorry guys :(

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
Dawn of The Hollowmen

begining to the second story :D (and yes the titles are all based off night of the living dead onwards.)

A cold wind was blowing, the once great town of bowerstone now a ruin. The streets were filled with bones and ragged clothing, a unholy mist seemed to cling to the site, a wandering traveler had wondered along the now cracked and broken road. His hat was green with a slight tint red, his coat was a pale green and stained with mud, his trousers where a much darker green with fewer mud stains, his black boots scuffed and muddied up. He walked across the once great beidge of bowerstone, he stopped i the middle and looked around, his mouth wide open as he saw the devastation and destruction. He took a step back only to trip over a bone, he landed with a thud at the other side of the bridge he could see figures, they dide not look human, he quickly scrambled to his feet and tried to make a run for it but he couldn't move, something has holding his feet, he looked down and screamed in horror, a creature was clinging to him. He tried to shake it off but to no avail he began to scream for help, but no-one came, he screamed louder and louder, but still no-one came. One of the figures off in the distance lifted a large object into the air and seemed to throw it in the travellers direction.Out from the mist a huge axe came spinning towards hime, he screamed one last time before closing his eyes and waiting for his ineveitable death. He had closed his eyes for 2 minutes but was still alive he opened his eyes with amazment, and there standing infront of him was a man!

The man was wearing a torn over coat, a ripped black shirt, the ramins of a pair of blue pants and a pair of goggles, he looked very stable and stood in a heroic position, the traveller had thought he had some-how blocked the the great axe. The traveller shouted his thanks to the unknown hero as he kicked free of the creatures grip he moved around to the heros front then gave out a screach of horror, the axe had smashed into the mans chest. Blood was pouring from the wound in great volumes, the traveller wanted to run and leave him but somthing stopped him, he picked up the hero and placed him over his shoulders and he ran off back down the cracked and broken road, a second axe cam flying past the travellers head missing him by a hairs length, he slid down the road across the bridge and into brightwood. Since the hollowmen had left brightwood the place was starting to pic up, it was still not a nice place to be but it was a safe place. The traveller owned a shack nearbye and he quickly made his way there, he burst through the door and lay the hero on the bed, he dislodged the axe from his axe and bandaged him up, surprisingly he was still breathing the trader took his hat and jacket off to reveal some pretty nasty scares, he moved to his desk and picked up his journel the title read "Feldor's Journal".

I loved writing this so much so i thought id add more :D

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

The candles flickered in the darkness, The hero was slowly regaining consuisness. He slowly sat up and surveyed his suroundings, he looked down at his chest which was heavily bandaged. He looked in the corner and there was a man sitting scribbling away in some type of book, the hero sat up and Feldor turned around quickly closing and hiding his book. " you were in pretty bad shape when i found you, ive patched you up as best i can." Feldor stared at the hero who just turned his head, The hero picked up his cloths and looked around for his sword. "if your loking for your sword im afraid i had to leave it behind" The hero sighed and put on his coat, he made an advance to the door when Feldro grabbed his shoulder."So thats it? I save your life and not even a thank you, at least tell me your name?" The hero pulled his mask to nose height and turned to Feldor."My names, Ruuku. Ruuku Enbako. And i didn't ask to be saved." with that he turned and walked out of the shack slamming the door behind him. Feldor fell back into his seat and took off his coat, he had stiches all over his body, he looked very pale and his hair was almost gone, he looked in the mirror sighed " Stiches are coming undone again" he said to himself as he pulled out his ewing kit, his hand breathly brushed against his journal and it fell open, on th page reading"The day i lost my life"

It started out like any other day, i was traveling to bowerstone, I managed to get lost and i fell asleep, when i awoke i was vicously and brutaly slaughterd, i had no chance to escape or fight. the last thing i remember is my lower half suddenly not being there then all black, I awoke unable to move my arms or legs, or any limb for that matter. I looked around and could see my own body. I was a wisp. I still had my own mind but i was not of this world i was a creature from the pits of hell itself. I stared at my body for awhile before deciding to do what i did, i kind of regret now as the skin if peeling off from my finger, i flew into my body, suddenly i could move again! everything but my bottom half which was laying less then a meter away from me, i crawled towards it and conected my spine, as it clicked into place my whole body began to tingle, I stood up and ran to the lake hopeing to feel the fresh water other my body, but i felt nothing.I looked into the pool and i had no skin, no organs nothing i was a skeleton. A hollowman!

A short one before i have to start my revision ><

Dentie

Reaction score

WTF creepy:devil:

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

My Flesh was gone, i plunged my hands into the water and through it into my face hoping i was imagining it, but the water went through my skull and trickled down my back. I began to panic, i ran to my nearby shack not feeling the twigs and leaves between my toes, i burst through the door and moved to the chest at the end of bed, i ripped the top of the box off without having to use force, i moved back slightly and looked at my hands, some-how even though i had little or no muscle i had unnatural strength. I fell back against a wall and slid down, and went into a fetal position, this was all too much, i couldnt take this then i found my notebook under the desk and picked it up, until now it was empty but i decided to pour my thoughts into it, i guess this is my first entry and my last for now im going to head to bowerstone and see if i can find her.

Feldor grabbed his hat and jacket and walked out of the door, he made his way along the cracked road back to the ruin of bowerstone, he figured if he could take off his clothing he would blend in seemlessly. Feldor was now half way up the road when he dicided to strip down to the bone, he threw off his jacket and hat and grabbed the bottom of his bandage, he began to pull away at it like crazy, it took minutes then he was now completly bone, bits of rotten skin peeled off with the bandage, his skull was a drownish colour with a huge crack down the middle, his arm was slightly cracked and his legs seemed to be the wrong way around, though this did not affect his walking. He walked up the road finding a rusted peice of armor and a great big axe, he picked them both up and wore the armor, he was less then 20 feet away from bowerstone when he was struck on the head, he turned to face his attacker and he could not beleive his eyes, there was Ruuku Enbako standing over him with a sword ready to plunge it into his chest!

Heh heh if anyone is intrested there is only 2 more parts to this story then it ends :O the suspense is killing some people, you know who you are ;)

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

doing well

thugziee

gangsterishh
Reaction score

so when is the book going to be published?!