• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nintendo DSi

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score
Nintendo DSi

I've been thinking about getting a DS for a while, before the DSi came out actually. I've been apprehensive because I have seen that the majority of the games are for children. I love Mario (who doesn't?) and the new GTA game has been making me reconsider. Are there a lot of games for older gamers? I'm really not interested in many of the games I've seen out for it. Does anyone 'older' have a DS? What games do you enjoy?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: Nintendo DSi

I used to have a DS a couple of years ago. I've gone off Nintendo now. They seem to bring out strange games for both the DS and the Wii. If you're a fan of Mario and Metroid then I would go ahead and buy it. I don't see much point of the DSi but still. I suppose it's not bad.

I stuck with my GBA games when I played my DS most of the time. So if you don't have a GBA then buy a DS, but if you do have one.. Then i'd stick with it. You aren't missing out on much.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Honestly, I don't see the point of the DSi either, other than the two cameras which I have absolutely no interest in. Maybe I would be better off just getting the DS Lite.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Amanda;292937 said:
Honestly, I don't see the point of the DSi either, other than the two cameras which I have absolutely no interest in. Maybe I would be better off just getting the DS Lite.

Yeah. Or if you're cheap and tight like me, a normal DS :). The Lite is only better in appearence and obviously. lighter.

jakdax

the legendary hero Hood
Reaction score

actually the ds lite has a better light in the screen if u were to play at night , but ds lite and the original are good dont waste your money on the dsi :)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I have a DS. I got Zelda The phantom Hour glass for it and it is pretty good. Professor Layton and the Curious Village was good too. I like playing Mario co-op with my daughter :D

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I have a DS. I got phantom hour glass too and its fun, I love games like zelda, mario, and metroid. I also use my DS to play GBA games. And I will even admit, I ocasionaly play pokemon aswell, its a guiltly pleasure :p. from what Iv heard DSI does not have a GBA port, which really puts me off of ever getting one. I will stick my DS thank you very much. I mean, what does the DSI have thats so great, a camera? so what. I dont see any reson for a DS owner to get a DSI.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Ill stick to my Nintendo 64, thanks.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

I have a thing for Pokemon as well! I grew up playing it on Gameboy but I'm not afraid to keep playing it. :p Which Pokemon do you have TJ?

I've been doing a TON of research and I may get a DSi as a gift. The only thing that intrigues me about it is the larger screen and also, if they make games that only work for DSi then I won't be out of the loop. Other than that, I've been looking at a ton of games for it that I might be interested.

I'm picking up Animal Crossing and Zelda today from someone on Craigslist for $10 each.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Gamestop has a trade in program for a DS to DSi upgrade. At least the did have one. I'm thinking of upgrading so that I can get the larger screen and use the camera. I'm also thinking of getting an iPhone in the fall so...

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Has anyone played China Wars yet? How is it?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Amanda;293142 said:
Has anyone played China Wars yet? How is it?

Considering that Rockstar went for the old birds-eye view like GTA, London and GTA 2.. It's pretty good. The camera isn't as bad (it's more slanted than vertical) but the graphics didn't change loads from the PS1 version, it's a hand-held console so the graphics are never amazing.

It's not that bad, actually. If you like GTA.. Buy it, I suppose.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, I love the old Pokemon games. Emerald isn't an older one though. :lol: DSi = NO! Love the GBA slot. :D

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Whats the difference between the two DS' again? I stick with my trusty GBA, its VERY durable and plays alot of old good games like ALTTP And Donkey Kong (Used to love it, now just like it) and Mario games...

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

I am holding a DSi and a DS lite in my hands, the differ in specs are as such:
DS Lite:
Gameboy slot
shiny, smooth paint
Smaller Screen
No Camera

DSi:
No gameboy slot
Satin, rough, uncumfortable paint
Camera
Voice recording
Voice pitch changer
Picture editor/bender

My conclusion, DSi sucks

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Amanda;293066 said:
I have a thing for Pokemon as well! I grew up playing it on Gameboy but I'm not afraid to keep playing it. :p Which Pokemon do you have TJ?

I've been doing a TON of research and I may get a DSi as a gift. The only thing that intrigues me about it is the larger screen and also, if they make games that only work for DSi then I won't be out of the loop. Other than that, I've been looking at a ton of games for it that I might be interested.

I'm picking up Animal Crossing and Zelda today from someone on Craigslist for $10 each.

I have pearl, emerald, fire red, and my good ol favorite yellow. :D I grew up with those games so Im not parting with them now. I even kept my gameboy color.

If DSi had kept the gameboy slot, I might be inclined to get one. but since it doesnt it narrows the games I can play on it down to 2. I think I will keep my DS, and use my camera for pictures, and my computer for picture editing thank you.

And I really think its lame how they are basicly forcing you to get a DSi by making the new games non compatible with the DS. whats DSi got? rythem heaven? pft, Zelda and Metroid kick the crap out of that any day.

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

I moved out of my parents house in July and I think I left all of my old GB and GBA games there. I had Yellow, Blue, Red, Gold (I think Silver too) and Ruby. I had Donkey Kong and Yoshi's Island too. I've been off those games for a while though so I don't think I'll miss the Gameboy slot. I'm still torn between the two and I'm suppose to choose tonight! :(

I do have my GBA at my parents house though so I could always go back to that if I wanted.