• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nintendo Revolution Renamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nintendo Revolution Renamed

According to various news sources today the next Generation Nintendo has now been renamed as the Wii. It has been hit with mixed reactions, Michael Goodman, senior analyst of media and entertainment strategies at The Yankee Group, believes the name change is a mistake and will come back to haunt Nintendo.

Nintendo has always had code names for their consoles. I mean Dolphin became the GameCube. But this time Nintendo let the code name gain a little too much currency as people got so used to it, and it was widely accepted as the console's final name. Nintendo have been branded as silly and people are saying they dont think the name will take off.

D

DrZoid

Re: Nintendo Revolution Renamed

I don't think the new conosle should be called Wii or Revolution. But I think Wii is a much better name for a console...even though it is a bit crap. Either way I won't be getting the console antime withing the next year. I'm quite happy with my cube and xbox.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
I don't think the new conosle should be called Wii or Revolution. But I think Wii is a much better name or a console...even though it is a bit crap. Either way I won't be getting the console antime withing the next year. I'm quite happy with my cube and xbox.

I think Nintendo Revolution sounded MUCH better than Wii, i dont buy any Nintendo products anymore. Last console i got was Xbox 360 :D

D

DrZoid

I'll probably end up not getting the Revolution/Wii because its just too weird. The thought of swinging your arms around with two controllers just doesn't excite me.

Plus I hardly have any money these days due to expensive concerts.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
I'll probably end up not getting the Revolution/Wii because its just too weird. The thought of swinging your arms around with two controllers just doesn't excite me.

Plus I hardly have any money these days due to expensive concerts.

I lost faith in Nintendo when they let most of the big game licenses sign for other companies and they brought out loads of variations of consoles but not really any quality games.

D

DrZoid

Dark Drakan said:
I lost faith in Nintendo when they let most of the big game licenses sign for other companies and they brought out loads of variations of consoles but not really any quality games.

Theres still tons of great games that I couldn't live without (well I could but I woulnd't call it living) For example, Zelda and err...I guess thats it but there awesome games.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
Theres still tons of great games that I couldn't live without (well I could but I woulnd't call it living) For example, Zelda and err...I guess thats it but there awesome games.

Never been a fan of Zelda in the slightest so...

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I am still going to hold strong for Nintendo. They may have dropped down a few good ranks but they still always held some great games. Not to mention that the 64 is what got me into gaming. Though the new Zelda has yet to come out and people having their doubts about the Wii (which I happen to think is an alright name), I believe that Nintendo will come out great in the end with their own unique ways. All in all we will just see what will happen at E3, as Nintendo will be unvailing information about Wii, the "nunchucks", and any future steps in store for its company.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

The N64 got me into gaming aswel, but after seen Nintendo churn out some lackluster rubbish i lost faith and never went back.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well I am sure that the new Wii will show you what you had lost. I saw its potential at E3 via "the great almight tube" and it looked astonishing. The way that the Nunchucks moved and controlled was impressive as they showed it with use of a few games such as Red Steel and Mario Galaxy. Not to mention that the price will be lower to that of the 360 and PS3. And so what if it does not have all the fancy and advanced hardware the 360 and PS3 has. I say so what if it does not have an HD DVD drive or Blu Ray compactibility, as long as it remains a console all it needs is the power to play games, AND GAMES IT SHALL PLAY!

D

DrZoid

Seigfried said:
Well I am sure that the new Wii will show you what you had lost. I saw its potential at E3 via "the great almight tube" and it looked astonishing. The way that the Nunchucks moved and controlled was impressive as they showed it with use of a few games such as Red Steel and Mario Galaxy. Not to mention that the price will be lower to that of the 360 and PS3. And so what if it does not have all the fancy and advanced hardware the 360 and PS3 has. I say so what if it does not have an HD DVD drive or Blu Ray compactibility, as long as it remains a console all it needs is the power to play games, AND GAMES IT SHALL PLAY!

Amen!

The one thing that puts me off buying more games for it though is the price of their games. If the games don't have as good graphics surely this would make them cheaper to make, yet I end up paying MORE for Nintendo games since theres less of them in the shop!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Its main selling games are Mario and Zelda though and i hate both with a passion, also havent liked Nintendos style of games or the direction their consoles have been going so...

D

DrZoid

I'm really starting to go off mario games, most of them suck now anyway. Mario football, tennis, baseball oh and mario kart! I'm sick of them! And I have no idea why so many people liked Super Smash Bros, I got sick of that in about 20 minutes. I love Zelda though, and am glad that the new game will be on the cube as well as the Wii. (The new console seems like the sort of gimicky thing you would play round a mates house but never buy for yourself)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well the new Mario game, Super Mario Galaxy, looked pretty impressive and I am curious as to what it will be like to control him with the Nunchucks.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
I'm really starting to go off mario games, most of them suck now anyway. Mario football, tennis, baseball oh and mario kart! I'm sick of them! And I have no idea why so many people liked Super Smash Bros, I got sick of that in about 20 minutes. I love Zelda though, and am glad that the new game will be on the cube as well as the Wii. (The new console seems like the sort of gimicky thing you would play round a mates house but never buy for yourself)

I got bored of Mario many years ago and thought most other gamers would have to but i guess not! I liked afew Zeldas but was put off by the Windwaker (ive never owned one though).

D

DrZoid

Seigfried said:
Well the new Mario game, Super Mario Galaxy, looked pretty impressive and I am curious as to what it will be like to control him with the Nunchucks.

Nunchucks!? :w00t:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Revolution sounds so much better than Wii- it just sounds far too childish. Apparently their aiming for no specific audience but the machines name just screams kids.

Nintendo milk Mario far too much and as such I see it as nothing more than a game which was once excellant but which was raped by the company who created it. Kind of like a gaming version of incest....

o_O

Anyway, the DS is decent enough but looks like **** the DS lite looks much cooler. The Wii has some great concepts behind it but Im growing less and less confident about the success it will have.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:
Revolution sounds so much better than Wii- it just sounds far too childish. Apparently their aiming for no specific audience but the machines name just screams kids.

Nintendo milk Mario far too much and as such I see it as nothing more than a game which was once excellant but which was raped by the company who created it. Kind of like a gaming version of incest....

o_O

Anyway, the DS is decent enough but looks like **** the DS lite looks much cooler. The Wii has some great concepts behind it but Im growing less and less confident about the success it will have.

I totally agree, they say they are trying to aim for a wider audience but we never see any evidence of this. Most of the titles on it are for kids and when they had Resident Evil they let that slip away. It seems Nintendo only have games aimed at kids or puzzle games.

K

Kalindor

Thats funny that they called it wii

D

DrZoid

weirdkidinabox said:

o_O

Its a right kick in the teeth when your one of the people who bought a DS within months of it coming out, only to find out they bring out a better version of it about 6 months later! God damn you nintendo!
But there couold be this new thing for DS's where you can browse the internet via the wifi...I'm less angry already

Status
Not open for further replies.