• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score
Nintendo Wii

OH YEAH BABY this is the true revolutionary next gen console with its motion sensitive controllers you play tennis in and out of the game you move the controller around to sword fight you slash the character slashses, True gamers paradise. http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121430&tab=9# Do me a favor. Watch the first video and be amazed.

B

blu phoenix

Re: Nintendo Wii

yeah i started a thread on this a while back but no biggy...yeah skorm is really looking forward to red steel and the wii...you and him could talk for hours..

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

xD i just posted cause arckon hadnt heard of it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I think it will be more of a novelty console than gamers paradise will all its fun 'little' games with novelty twists like tilting controllers for puzzle games etc.

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

Yes but you actually sword fight. Thats my like dream ;.; And imagine dynasty warriors with that. that would be sweet

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

SorenSwift said:
Yes but you actually sword fight. Thats my like dream ;.; And imagine dynasty warriors with that. that would be sweet

I imagine that most games wouldnt be compatible unless they are Nintendo exclusives. I like the ideas but think they are 'novelty' ideas with no place in blockbuster games.

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

Thank you dreamkiller. I can blame my hopeless life on you. Once again thank you.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

SorenSwift said:
Thank you dreamkiller. I can blame my hopeless life on you. Once again thank you.

Dont mean to trash your dreams :unsure: im sure there will be enough to satisfy you on there.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Yes there will be alot of novalty games but there will be alot of good.....not novalty games......Red Steel, Twilight Princess, Darkness, Spore....

J

Jops

I'm sure everyone will find something on the Wii to satisfy them, just like they would on every other system.

Nintendo have stated that they want to try and make shorter simpler games to appeal to a wider audience. This is good in some ways but not in others. Having these shorter, simpler games will give us a lot of variety, developers will try lots of new ideas. The downside is the experience may end up feeling quite shallow.

I want the deeper games as well. I want the 40 hour games as well as the 10 minute a day ones.

D

DrZoid

Dark Drakan said:
I think it will be more of a novelty console than gamers paradise will all its fun 'little' games with novelty twists like tilting controllers for puzzle games etc.

Yeah i agree.

The controllers sound like they should be bought seperatly to be played with mini-game games made specifiacally for it. Like the eye toy thing or dance mat for the PS2. They were cool to play with but would you want to use them as the controller for EVERY game!?

I would just keep wanting to unplug the motion sensitive controller things and put in a normal controller after a while.

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

You can get normal controllers they kinda look like the super nintendo controllers

Avenging Angel

Aetherius
Reaction score

I'm not excited over Nintendo Wii ( Revolution was a better name, they are now " Wii Jokes " poping up on every forum " ), I do like some of its current release titles, such as Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but this whole " Motion " thing might make me loose interest in the game, inculding my own hands. ( I have a small room, and I collect weapons, bad combo >_> )

If by any chance I 'am to purchase the Wii, I'll be using a normal good ol' controller.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
Yeah i agree.

The controllers sound like they should be bought seperatly to be played with mini-game games made specifiacally for it. Like the eye toy thing or dance mat for the PS2. They were cool to play with but would you want to use them as the controller for EVERY game!?

I would just keep wanting to unplug the motion sensitive controller things and put in a normal controller after a while.

Avenging Angel said:
I'm not excited over Nintendo Wii ( Revolution was a better name, they are now " Wii Jokes " poping up on every forum " ), I do like some of its current release titles, such as Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but this whole " Motion " thing might make me loose interest in the game, inculding my own hands. ( I have a small room, and I collect weapons, bad combo >_> )

If by any chance I 'am to purchase the Wii, I'll be using a normal good ol' controller.

I agree with you both, im not sure the idea would work with every game and id get sick to death of it!

H

hpdarkman

yeah but i cant wait for the wii it will be a good part time console until the ps3 goes down from $600

L

Loki

Nintendo has been playing it smart lately. This may sound like rubbish because I don't know exactly what I'm talking about but as I have heard and experienced most games look a lot better with consoles such as the PS and xbox and its harder to make good looking games for the Nintendo (Yet very well possible. EX: Resident Evil). But more people think of 'omfg great graphics' corresponding with the PS and Xbox. Nintendo has then decided to play it smart this year.

They decided not to release it JUST yet so people can get a taste of the high prices from the Xbox. And if my sources told me right they will be releasing BEFORE the PS3 that way people who can not make up their mind between the both have two reasons to getting the wii. 1: It came before the PS3 and they want new now. 2: Good prices. The wii is expected to be $300 tops. I'm not sure what they are wanting for it exactly

Anyways seeing how I've already ranted most of my thoughts on it I might as well add one more little thought of mine. Have you noticed how virtual Nintendo is getting now. They are becoming more like a portable arcade than gaming consoles. I have the DS and PSP and I am not too enthused with the games that the DS has been coming out with. The wii will definately be a market seller for people who are into the "10 minute" a day games like I believe some one said earlier. As for more RPG "40 hours gameplay" people like me the extra bucks might be worth it for one of the PS consoles or an Xbox

K

Kali

These short games Nintendo referes to are actually an industry wide idea. ALL the game companies are going to make these short multiplayer type games to appeal to wider audiences such as mothers and all the rest who aren't normally into games because they don't have time. The idea is not to illiminate the market of hardcore gamers but to create a new market along side it. The "gamers" are found to like different types of games that the non-gamers. Interestingly enough to note there are actually more RPG's and long games on the GC(cause a lot of ppl complained abotu no rpgs on n64 )than on the PS2 and XBOX who favour more of these EA type games. All they really need to buy most of you is some cool music and graphics, it's not quite the same thing nintendo goes for. If the Wii is anything like the GC it will feature MORE rpg's. I dunno where you guys get your current game news from but it's not a good place if you didn't know that. The idea that this controller would work only on Nintendo made games is absolutely proposterous. The system will only come with the revolution controller, the normal controller is to be bought seperately. They are bringing back Secret of Mana(<3 best rpg in the world), of course Zelda:The Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption , Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Resident Evil, Need for Speed:Carbon, Tony Hawk, Splinter Cell, Star Wars, SONIC(what the ****?), Spiderman, Prince of Persia, NHL07, Madden, Donkey Kong Wii, Bleach, Dunk Hunt Wii, more Symphonia games, ETC

D

DrZoid

Kali;19708 said:
These short games Nintendo referes to are actually an industry wide idea. ALL the game companies are going to make these short multiplayer type games to appeal to wider audiences such as mothers and all the rest who aren't normally into games because they don't have time. The idea is not to illiminate the market of hardcore gamers but to create a new market along side it. The "gamers" are found to like different types of games that the non-gamers. Interestingly enough to note there are actually more RPG's and long games on the GC(cause a lot of ppl complained abotu no rpgs on n64 )than on the PS2 and XBOX who favour more of these EA type games. All they really need to buy most of you is some cool music and graphics, it's not quite the same thing nintendo goes for. If the Wii is anything like the GC it will feature MORE rpg's. I dunno where you guys get your current game news from but it's not a good place if you didn't know that. The idea that this controller would work only on Nintendo made games is absolutely proposterous. The system will only come with the revolution controller, the normal controller is to be bought seperately. They are bringing back Secret of Mana(<3 best rpg in the world), of course Zelda:The Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption , Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Resident Evil, Need for Speed:Carbon, Tony Hawk, Splinter Cell, Star Wars, SONIC(what the ****?), Spiderman, Prince of Persia, NHL07, Madden, Donkey Kong Wii, Bleach, Dunk Hunt Wii, more Symphonia games, ETC

Call me one of those people who go for the games with the best graphics and cool music if you like. But I'm not the only one who would prefer to play the best FPS's and racing games. Rather than the not so good ones for nintendo.
Sure, nintendo have got some good games that are exclusive to them, but there not my thing. I'll stick to nintendo for handheld gaming for now, and thats it.

K

Kali

that's an opinion and I did not call you anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.