• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No armor

What do you think of no armor?

• I like it, it's nice not having everyone just wearing the strongest armor.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it, I think we should be able to spend our money on something that protects us.

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: No armor

i like it, not having to bother with an armor rating make everyones character truely unique. espessally with the dye thing.

I

Indypunk

Yeah, the character appearance customization had to be the biggest let-down of the game to me. Cloathing included. Only two good outfits in my opinion. I'm currently wearing...

No shirt
Will pants
Monk gloves and shoes.

Before that, I had the wizard outfit (Big poofy coat and generic wizard hat).

EDIT

Oh, sorry, I kindof derailed form the subject. I think it's fine that the cloathing doesn't protect against damage. I mean, I hardly died anyways. Many complain that the game wasn't challegning enough, so I don't think it's too bad.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I wouldn't mind some reinforced clothes to be added later. Look at the Bandits - they look all tough, with shoulder pads and all, yet it doesn't cross that line by going from clothes to armour.

I've always loved how the Bandits look in the Fable series.

G

gdude987654321

yeah i like the whole clothes dont help they just look coll... or not...

but i like how my character looks... dont remember everything but i like it... its all black...

i would agree that there isnt enough though... id like alot more... i also thought that we would be able to loot bodies for the clothes they were wearing... thats what has ****ed me off about both fables... the other characters have much cooler clothes than i do... reavers clothes are awesome... alot of the characters look awesome...

F

flashburnnw

I kinda like the fact that there is no armor, the whole armor thing reminds my of WoW and its just been overdone

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

I would have liked to have seen a few sets of ancient armour of each type like chainmail, leather armor, plate, etc thrown into the game as "Legendary armour". Some would be purely cosmetic and unque while others would have special bonuses as well.

S

Sanjûrô

I somewhat liked it, though there's no reason there can't be any decorative type of armor or something. However, I too was a bit let down at the limited selection of clothing/character customization within the game. Least there's the chance of DLC clothing updates in the future.

S

SeekerOfAlbion

Seeing as there really wasnt anyone wearing armour in the era this is set in .. it would look kinda funny & also the clothing looks better then armour in my perspective because you can customize it find things from completely different sets that match (hard to do with armour probs only chain and plate in F1) and also through the fact that in clothes you dont sink to the bottom of bowerstone lake .. so you can swim in Fable 2 HOOORAH!

A

Anthony

flashburnnw;227779 said:
I kinda like the fact that there is no armor, the whole armor thing reminds my of WoW and its just been overdone

Yeah, this is a very different RPG not the same as like WoW and Oblvion.

Dentie

Reaction score

They did a good job with the clothes but i think they should have putted thing in like plate armours and stuff you know for the hardcore armour wearers

T

Tymolus

Yeah, the clothing ward robe's a little limited, but thank GOD there's no armor.