• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No New GTA Until 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
No New GTA Until 2007?

Rockstar has announced not to expect any next-generation sequels from Rockstar Games until November 2006 at the earliest. They did say however a new one will be coming to PSP in that time from now until then.

The expected dates fall around October 2006 time when its rumoured the PS3 will launch in America. But while all GTA games since 2001's Grand Theft Auto III have debuted on a Sony console except in 2004 with Grand Theft Auto Advance Take-Two executives refused to say if the first next-gen GTA will be a PS3-exclusive which has gotten even more rumours flying around.

So expect more news on this development when we hear more about it.

A

Asura

Re: No New GTA Until 2007?

After the major loss in reputation and money in the Hot Coffee Scandal.. Can't blame em' for taking their time on this one. You must also take into consideration that they'll have to make a better game then GTA: SA, which means ALOT of work.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Asura said:
After the major loss in reputation and money in the Hot Coffee Scandal.. Can't blame em' for taking their time on this one. You must also take into consideration that they'll have to make a better game then GTA: SA, which means ALOT of work.

Their rep and money might have been lost with that mod but its made more people want to buy their games :lol:

They just need to expand on the new features that GTA SA had and improve the physics more than anything. Rag doll physics for GTA is a must, its got to happen soon :D

K

keekos

But there was a preview of GTA 4 in the ps3, nice graphics, i dunno if its fake or real, but the preview is seen in youtube

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

keekos;27622 said:
But there was a preview of GTA 4 in the ps3, nice graphics, i dunno if its fake or real, but the preview is seen in youtube

Got any links for that?

P

Poppycock

im sure there game "bully" will take up the space in the absense of a new gta

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Poppycock;27658 said:
im sure there game "bully" will take up the space in the absense of a new gta

If it doesnt get banned!

P

Poppycock

Dark Drakan;27669 said:
If it doesnt get banned!

lol well when u think about it ur charecter is a anti-bully.(good thing to tell ur parents b4 u buy it :lol:)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

How about GTA just..dies like games should eventually instead of it going on for decades like FF

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;27680 said:
How about GTA just..dies like games should eventually instead of it going on for decades like FF

As long as they keep improving, i dont care if they still around for decades. They just need that bit extra to make them special again!

P

Poppycock

i think that soon GTA will be a household name....that parents shreek at hearing the word

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Poppycock;27716 said:
i think that soon GTA will be a household name....that parents shreek at hearing the word

What do you mean soon!? They do that now!

F

FableFreak

Dark Drakan;90 said:
Rockstar has announced not to expect any next-generation sequels from Rockstar Games until November 2006 at the earliest. They did say however a new one will be coming to PSP in that time from now until then.

The expected dates fall around October 2006 time when its rumoured the PS3 will launch in America. But while all GTA games since 2001's Grand Theft Auto III have debuted on a Sony console except in 2004 with Grand Theft Auto Advance Take-Two executives refused to say if the first next-gen GTA will be a PS3-exclusive which has gotten even more rumours flying around.

So expect more news on this development when we hear more about it.

Meh, Grand Theft Auto is overreated. Its a household name where I'm from, meaning that every household in this area knows its name and every rich preppy on the block brags about all the stuff they did in GTA.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;27723 said:
Meh, Grand Theft Auto is overreated. Its a household name where I'm from, meaning that every household in this area knows its name and every rich preppy on the block brags about all the stuff they did in GTA.

They are overrated in the sence that they arent that special anymore but got to remember they started the whole genre off and are the benchmark for that style of games.

P

Poppycock

yea they pretty much inspired Driver3 and 4, & streets of L.A. and new york . but none match its accesior(sp?)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Poppycock;27729 said:
yea they pretty much inspired Driver3 and 4, & streets of L.A. and new york . but none match its accesior(sp?)

The GTA series inpired games to push boundries aswel!

P

Poppycock

yea also GTA made me not like non-freewill where you cant stop to just do what ever you want you just keep doing missions over and over intill u beat the game...boreing

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Poppycock;27736 said:
yea also GTA made me not like non-freewill where you cant stop to just do what ever you want you just keep doing missions over and over intill u beat the game...boreing

Yeah it made other games look REALLY restricted!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;27726 said:
They are overrated in the sence that they arent that special anymore but got to remember they started the whole genre off and are the benchmark for that style of games.

I still play GTA II all the time on my laptop. It's for free and it's what my laptop can handle, hehe.

I love it. :p Getting the hidden tank in the first level is awsome. Bohahaha....

Status
Not open for further replies.