• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

noob here fable explorer wont work

S

SilentWolf

noob here fable explorer wont work

sorry for the bother but i was wondering if anyone can help me solve a problem with fable explorer.

fable explorer tells me:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Some one please help me.:(

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: noob here fable explorer wont work

Ignore it, close FE. Then do what you wanted to do again. If you open too many windows on from the list it has issues. Once you apply changes to something, close it with the x in left upper corner, then open the next window. That may solve the problem.

S

SilentWolf

well thats just it, i dont have any other windows open aside from FE and i automatically get that message.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

..do you have Fable open?

jwc2200

Reaction score

SilentWolf;196400 said:
well thats just it, i dont have any other windows open aside from FE and i automatically get that message.
I meant FE windows. If you open too many things in FE without X'ing some of them out before opening more FE windows, FE will crash. Any time I open more than 5 windows inside FE mine crashes.
Or maybe what Sephi said.

S

SilentWolf

naw i dont have fable running. am i suppose to?

jwc2200

Reaction score

You should not have Fable running until after you have made changes.

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. No windows open (in FE or outside of it) and Fable isn't running. Oddly enough, it was working the night before when I'd decided to leave it until the morning.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. No windows open (in FE or outside of it) and Fable isn't running. Oddly enough, it was working the night before when I'd decided to leave it until the morning.

Did you bother to read all the helpful tutorials about your operating system before trying?

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
Did you bother to read all the helpful tutorials about your operating system before trying?

I'd have thought the fact that it was working for several hours when I first downloaded it would rule out the possability that i simply have the wrong system for it, but no, I didn't. I've tried things like it before and, frankly, I don't understand a single word any of them say; I rarely even look at my files or go into anything technical, and so far almost every tutorial I've looked at assumes that the reader knows what's wrong and simply needs to know which file to change. I was more hoping that one of the helpful people could help, though I don't hold out many hopes; part of the reason I'm ignorant to these things is that I have extremely bad luck with technology, and something always seems to go wrong with even the most basic of operations. I'm not exaggerating.