• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Not about 3,.... but,....

Status
Not open for further replies.

King William

Reaction score
Forgive me, this is not about 3, but I think if I write it in another forum, it might not get noticed and i am curious about something.

I have mentioned before that I did 3 first then 2 and now I am doing TLC. And this is about TLC.

Can you finish the Arena without killing Whisper? I had trouble doing it, and had to do it a few times. The first, I thought I could quit after a few rounds and take the cash, I was wrong, it just reloaded and I got no money.
Then I could not get past the last round of the bandits, and kept getting killed and it reloaded.
I then decided to muscle up, and get tougher, and then I was able to do it, but I was afraid that if I did not kill whisper, then it would act like I failed and reload it again.

Now I know that some of you are "Purists" (that a nice word for it) and well freak out that a TLC is here, but I hope someone will be cool and let me know. :cool:

Avarael

Reaction score
Just fight it as usual. It's quite clear when you have to make the choice.

Jack of Blades will tell you to fight Whisper to the death. Whisper will make an agreement with you to put on a good show, but the winner is to spare the loser and split the winnings. When you get Whisper's health low enough you will be given the choice whether to honour this agreement. Don't worry, the fight will actually stop and make it quite clear when you have to do this.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Avarael is right. TLC doesn't force you to be evil like 3 does.

King William

Reaction score
I am just about finished with TLC, I am glad I listened to those who advised getting it. I found it interesting and challenging, especially the Arena.
I ordered, Fable. The one I am getting has an extra disc, so it should be more challenging then the original Fable.

Thanks again for those who advised me to check out the others. ^_^

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Fable 3 doesn't force you to be evil at all, it's still all your choice. I've gone through every Fable game with at least one character making every good choice and not a single evil one.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Avarael is right. TLC doesn't force you to be evil like 3 does.

Evil? If anything, the way the Fable 3 story plays out it forces you to be good...? I mean, you can be a royal arse to people but in the end you still do good.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
True, but I didn't play as evil. I only know that trying to be fully good was hard (if you're a completionist like me) becuase you can't get all the quests done, because there are a few evil only quests.

I guess it kind of forces you to be a bit naff.

Drew2686

Reaction score
You don't have to choose those quests unless you want to be evil or middle ground, so it's still not forcing you to do anything.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, but I can't even do the quests with a good ending. ****s me to no end, because I'm one of the systematic completionist types.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Yeah, but I can't even do the quests with a good ending. ****s me to no end, because I'm one of the systematic completionist types.
You can be a "systematic completionist type" and not stray away from your alignment. I have pure/god, an evil/corrupt, an evil/pure, and a good/corrupt character.. I've never had to stray away from good decisions on on any quests I've encountered.. unless that involves Understone, which I'm not finished with...yet... (I want to maximize playability time) So no, false.. you never have to make a bad decision.. although the drinking decision regarding alcohol is questionable because well... thats an opinion.. and I don't want people throwing up on the streets, etc... gross. lol

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
What about the quests like The Man Who Knew Just Enough or Framed for Murder?

King William

Reaction score
If memory serves, in 3, in order to get into one of the Demon Doors, you have to be evil for awhile. or at the very least, eating meat was considered an evil act. :devil:

In TLC you have to eat 7 crunchy chicks to open a door.

TesshuAriyama

Reaction score
Fable 3 doesn't force you to be evil at all, it's still all your choice. I've gone through every Fable game with at least one character making every good choice and not a single evil one.

You pansy. being evil is good every once in awhile >:p

Drew2686

Reaction score
I said "at least one," not all of my characters ;).

King William

Reaction score
I just had two hamburgers for lunch,... I feel so :devil: and loving it!

fable geek

Reaction score
well I am evil at the moment I think the horns are cool what do you like?

fable geek

Reaction score
yeh I love the dark sanctum quests especially when you get to kill people.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.