• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Not removing but replacing Shield sound?

Hionimi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, pretty new here so I hope I'm posting in the right area. Been playing Fable a lot and still do these days as it is still loads of fun.

Anyway, one thing that I guess we all get bothered about is the Physical Shield spell's sound in the game. So I started searching for mods to alter it, but so far I've only found ways to remove it, not replace it.

Now to me the spell feels 'incomplete' without a sound, so I wish to ask how one can perhaps replace the sound with something that's a bit more subtle. Does anyone happen to know how? Can this be fairly easily done?

IDontKnow

Reaction score
Its probably possible but I have no information as of yet on how to do this.

Hionimi

Reaction score
Hm, well I guess it must be a soundfile somewhere, gonna see if I can find it, but dunno if it would be so easy to change. Might have an unique extension/filetype.

IDontKnow

Reaction score
They do have a ''unique'' extension. As far as I know. (And based off a few assumptions and because its Fable It would be hell to modify them) That's why there's only been mods to remove the noise.