• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OMG REALLY?!

Jmax09

WR in Chicken Kicking
Reaction score
OMG REALLY?!

I've just found out that my Xbox has been literally grinding my COD5 disk fully. It now has a ring that you can see through about 3/4 of the way to the center from the edge. What's strange, is that this only happens to my COD5 disk. I have played other games and then this one, and then others again, so I know that it's true. I wonder why?

On another note, is anyone inerested in a good online game? The one in my signature, ZeldereX, is actually quite good. Look into it if you want. :) (Also, I don't know if that counts as advertising, and if it's allowed or not. Sorry if it is and isn't ):wub:

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: OMG REALLY?!

Did you happen to bump into your 360 while it was playing the game, or making it wobble? That's the only conclusion I can come to that would cause your Xbox to do this.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

Same thing happened to one of my games and I went spaz ! lol. How about you take your CoD5 disk to a GAME store, noticed you live in england on your profile.
It cost like 3 quid at the max to get the disk re-layered if that doesn't work I noticed that they sell preowned ones for like £15 in HMV or it could even have been GAME. Hope this Helps ! :D

Jmax09

WR in Chicken Kicking
Reaction score

I did bump into my 360 once but with a different game (I know what happens when you do, and it munched that one up as well).

I don't really play Cod5 anymore. Campaign is kinda boring, online is rubbish now thanks to MW2. I just play it for the Nazi Zombies. Sometimes when I feel like it or when the mates are round. That's the only thing Activision got right. I'll try the disk re-layer and if not I might buy it again. It's kinda like the Wii. It's a friend thing now. I used to have a Wii until I realised it sucks unless you have a sibling or friends who come over. And even then, we didn't play it. We played Nazi Zombies :p

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

It's not grinding, it's burning the outer layer of the disc with the lazer. Disc Doctor fixes it most of the time.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

your disc is irreparably damaged, it can't even be traded in (unless the person doesn't know what their doing).

you would have to buy another copy. don't worry the xbox is fine, all xboxs have a needle that isn't secured, so if you move the xbox it'll literally scratch the disc surface.

advice: if your xbox is laying vertically (up and down), then lay it flat instead, this makes accidents much less likely to happen so long as you don't pick the thing up while it's on.

hope it helps, i used to work at gamestop so i'm used to spouting too much information about this crap to people who don't need to hear all of it.

Jmax09

WR in Chicken Kicking
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;364489 said:
your disc is irreparably damaged, it can't even be traded in (unless the person doesn't know what their doing).

you would have to buy another copy. don't worry the xbox is fine, all xboxs have a needle that isn't secured, so if you move the xbox it'll literally scratch the disc surface.

advice: if your xbox is laying vertically (up and down), then lay it flat instead, this makes accidents much less likely to happen so long as you don't pick the thing up while it's on.

hope it helps, i used to work at gamestop so i'm used to spouting too much information about this crap to people who don't need to hear all of it.

I prefer it upright, because apparently it improves air circulation (?) and it sounds quieter (to me anyway. Xbox sounds like a hive of angry africanized honey bees).

I might buy some supports for it. I have it on like a table by my TV so I guess it would help.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

You should always keep it horizontal. That's the way we've always done it, be it a console or the CD-drive in your PC. And with gravity and all that jazz, it just seems...

Logical, Captain.

Jmax09

WR in Chicken Kicking
Reaction score

Tsuyu;364507 said:
You should always keep it horizontal. That's the way we've always done it, be it a console or the CD-drive in your PC. And with gravity and all that jazz, it just seems...

Logical, Captain.

But it seems as though the Xbox was made to be vertical. It looks awesome, and also the writing on the sides is vertical :S

Oh and also, the HDD...

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Jmax09;364506 said:
I prefer it upright, because apparently it improves air circulation (?)
It's the other way around. Storing it upright blocks the main vent of the 360.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I have an idea... Lets just make the ****er float. Good enough.

I keep mine vertical for the simple fact of space consumption.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Mine is horizontal and I have stuff on top of it like my clock. It's never RROD'd on me either, which I'm proud of. It might be because we bought cooling fans for it which make it sound like a sumo being pulled butt naked through a mini-car wash but ah well.

And you should be happy that it killed CoD5, it has done you a favour.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Mine is horizontal, sometimes gets loud, but that is because I sometimes play too long. Never had any problem with it, and I enjoy that as I would dislike having to get a new 360. As for the disc being destroyed, I believe as stated before it possibly got bumped or gravity hated your 360.
Though my 360 is in a not very aired space, and I have no other place to put it, so I imagine it will burn out soon.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Having your 360 vertical has no benefit other than looking sexy in advertisements. :rolleyes:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Damn straight it looks sexier than horizontal.

And I thought the main vent was on the back? Oh well, I know nothing about the thing. As long as it plays games it is good enough.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Mine has been vertical since I bought it in 2006, no heating issues for me. Plus, that goofy looking HDD keeps it from looking sexy anyway.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;364735 said:
Mine has been vertical since I bought it in 2006, no heating issues for me. Plus, that goofy looking HDD keeps it from looking sexy anyway.

This, but I bought an elite. That big block box looks sexy no matter how you look at it. <3
(lol innuendo.)