• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One of my best friends is now a father

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Well, my friend Jake got his girlfriend pregnant this past summer. Since then, all of us in our close group of friends have been talking about it, wondering what it'll be like to see him as a father, etc., and now, he finally is one. I saw a picture of him holding his son yesterday, and it just became 10 times more surreal than it has been in the past. It's so insane. I guess I'll get to see the little squirt when I'm home for spring break.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
cool. congratz i guess. i am an uncle my self :/

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It is quite strange to see friends with children when your of an age when you arent really considering it yourself. Lots of my friends have children now or are married but not as shocking now at 26, in fact its starting to feel weird that im not married with children myself. :lol:

I am engaged and have a step-son so guess im halfway old.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I was nearly a father, the amount of fear and excitement I felt was amazing. Congrats to the broseph.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
My old classmate became a father some years ago as well. And to be honest it felt totally more surreal than my sister who got a child at 18. I guess it's weird because you can kind of place yourself in that situation if you're same age.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
There's a couple girls I know that are my age who have children. I went to school with these girls and it does feel very surreal to imagine myself having kids right now. I'm 19 in a month or so and I just can't realistically imagine myself having a child any time soon.

Congratulations to your friend though, Necro. Every person has the ability to be a competent parent, aslong as they have the required dedication. Good luck to both the parents.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That poor man, still.. congrats.

Most of my friends have children as well and my sister has 3, 3 that she feels comfortable leaving with me every time she goes out of town. One is a teenager going through puberty who is picky about everything, the other a toddler who is easily excitable and destroys & tampers with all things, and a 10 year old who is just completely hard-headed. These kids are freakin' birth control. The hell with all this, people like Sharon aren't human.

Your friend's kid may be all cute and cuddly now, good luck when he becomes a toddler and beyond.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
That poor man, still.. congrats.

Most of my friends have children as well and my sister has 3, 3 that she feels comfortable leaving with me every time she goes out of town. One is a teenager going through puberty who is picky about everything, the other a toddler who is easily excitable and destroys & tampers with all things, and a 10 year old who is just completely hard-headed. These kids are freakin' birth control. The hell with all this, people like Sharon aren't human,

Your friend's kid may be all cute and cuddly now, good luck when he becomes a toddler and beyond.
Amen to all the above.

Spend twenty minutes with just one of my kids and you'll never put your penis in another woman again unless you know for a fact she's had a hysterectomy. And a sex change just to be absolutely super-safety sure.

I don't even like kids - goodness knows how I managed to wind up with 3 of them...

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I don't even like kids - goodness knows how I managed to wind up with 3 of them...

Dat Steve
112hqmv.png

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'll just settle with being the oddball uncle to my 2,5 years old nephew. That's the limit of what I can endure when it comes to adult-to-child interactions with my sanity intact.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
My friend just got married, felt so amazing and unreal.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
I don't have any friends that have kids. And if I did I would never see them. I hate children.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
One of my primary school friends had a kid when he was about 13, we went our separate ways after primary so I didn't know for a while but I saw him in town one day with a pram with his girlfriend, completely different walks of life. It's a shame though, he had just sold all his games and his laptop to get money for his family. At least he's dedicated :)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
I forgot to say congrats. So congrats to the poor bastard.

To be totally honest, if I was a chick and got pregnant I would go to the nearest abortion clinic asap. I have pretty much zero responsibility.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I love kids and I'm good with them, especially my niece. I couldn't love her anymore unless she was my own child. But she's nearly 4 and she's starting to have those typical aggravating traits that most kids have. She's smart mouthed and talks back. And she's only 4 for Christ's sake! Anyway, babies and toddlers are alright - after that point is when I back into a corner and rock back and forth. I remember babysitting a 6 month old baby, a two year old(my niece) and 6 year old a couple years ago. The baby and the toddler were child's play... I'm hilarious, yes, yes, no applause needed - anyway - the 6 year old on the other hand... *shudder* It wasn't that he was necessarily badly behaved, but he was overly lively and loud and he sought most of my attention. Not to mention when ever he did do something wrong he would run over and hug me. And it felt like someone had thrown a bowling ball into my chest each time.

Also: I'll make sure to leave my 15 kids at Uncle Scotty's house when I go out on the town. :thumbsup:

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I love kids and I'm good with them, especially my niece. I couldn't love her anymore unless she was my own child. But she's nearly 4 and she's starting to have those typical aggravating traits that most kids have. She's smart mouthed and talks back. And she's only 4 for Christ's sake! Anyway, babies and toddlers are alright - after that point is when I back into a corner and rock back and forth. I remember babysitting a 6 month old baby, a two year old(my niece) and 6 year old a couple years ago. The baby and the toddler were child's play... I'm hilarious, yes, yes, no applause needed - anyway - the 6 year old on the other hand... *shudder* It wasn't that he was necessarily badly behaved, but he was overly lively and loud and he sought most of my attention. Not to mention when ever he did do something wrong he would run over and hug me. And it felt like someone had thrown a bowling ball into my chest each time.

I like your enthusiasm, you can watch my sister's kids since you love 'em so much. I'll phone her up for you right now.

queenofdisco said:
Also: I'll make sure to leave my 15 kids at Uncle Scotty's house when I go out on the town. :thumbsup:

laughing_meme_guy_by_vixenwolfie-d485kw0.png

*books flight to Asia, burns my house down.*