• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One thing from Fable 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSVR85

Reaction score
We all know Fable 3 is a vast improvment over Fable 2, however, i miss a few features from 2. If you could bring back one thing in Fable 3, what would it be?

For me, it's the Expression Wheel.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
for me its a few of the weps and the temple of light.

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
I don't think Fable 3 is an improvement over Fable 2 at all.

The dog is dumber.
The map sucks. Doesn't even show where you are, wtf?
I feel like a big homo dancing with every guy in the game.
Once you're king, it's a bunch of yes or nos.

Anyway I agree with the OP, I miss the expression wheel. For the reason above.

Hector

Reaction score
The expression wheel for sure!

Aruu

Reaction score
Either the expression wheel, or the health bar.

I know Molyneux wanted to make it seem more like an RPG by removing the health bar or something, but he should have at least given us the option to have it or not. :/

Twilight

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily want the expression wheel back but instead, when I'm interacting with people a way to scroll through different expressions with the tap of a button.

RSVR85

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily want the expression wheel back but instead, when I'm interacting with people a way to scroll through different expressions with the tap of a button.
Yes! The Bumper buttons just like in the Sanctuary. Good call :)

I don't think Fable 3 is an improvement over Fable 2 at all.

Wow, really? I know a few things suck (dog, trail, maps) but things sucked in Fable 2 too (no not the ballerina outfit (that would be funny as a DLC!)), i much prefer 3.

but he should have at least given us the option to have it or not. (Health bar) :/

Maybe not the option but a meter around the D-Pad?

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
Expression wheel, expression wheel, expression wheel. And a dog that's not retarded.

Twilight

Reaction score
Expression wheel, expression wheel, expression wheel. And a dog that's not retarded.

If I'm not mistaken isn't the Dog based of the exact same technology they used for Fable II? I don't recall them saying they altered him.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
I miss the actual timestop spell. I had a blast teleporting behind my enemy and tearing them up. Then when they turn to fight back, teleport behind them again and hit em with a big hit. OR just teleporting and backstabbing them. ^_^ My "good" char was such a backstabbing fiend.

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken isn't the Dog based of the exact same technology they used for Fable II? I don't recall them saying they altered him.

I have no idea. All I know is my dog in Fable 2 was wonderful(if sometimes a little slow), and my dog in Fable 3 runs into rocks. Literally INTO rocks, as in inside of rocks. And then he stays there, barking at me. Also, he doesn't follow me half the time..I know they had mentioned him running off to chase rabbits and whatnot, and I get that dogs IRL have some autonomy about them, I just wish there was an expression where you could call him and he'd come. I don't like wondering whether or not I'm missing dig spots because he's too busy rolling in balverine poo to follow me.

Aruu

Reaction score
Maybe not the option but a meter around the D-Pad?

I'd be happy with that, just some indicator of what was going on with my health. I mean you do get a warning when you need to use a potion/eat something, and you get the black and white screen when you're really close to death, but I'd like an advanced warning.

I'm someone who gets really paranoid about losing health, it really did suck for me that they did away with the health bar. I can understand why, but I'm still not fond of it.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
Expression wheel would be nice, I think i would bring back Bloodstone though. :D

Rudimentree

Reaction score
I have no idea. All I know is my dog in Fable 2 was wonderful(if sometimes a little slow), and my dog in Fable 3 runs into rocks. Literally INTO rocks, as in inside of rocks. And then he stays there, barking at me. Also, he doesn't follow me half the time..I know they had mentioned him running off to chase rabbits and whatnot, and I get that dogs IRL have some autonomy about them, I just wish there was an expression where you could call him and he'd come. I don't like wondering whether or not I'm missing dig spots because he's too busy rolling in balverine poo to follow me.

Yeah I have major problems with this dog. It barks at treasure that isn't there, gets stuck in the walls of buildings, runs into rocks and doesn't know how to get around them... it is just not good. I also miss how in Fable 2 the dog was always running ahead of you. It was cute seeing him look back to make sure you were following. In Fable 3 I'm always ahead of the dog, and sometimes I accidentally leave him behind and he takes two or three minutes to catch up.

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
I'd be happy with that, just some indicator of what was going on with my health. I mean you do get a warning when you need to use a potion/eat something, and you get the black and white screen when you're really close to death, but I'd like an advanced warning.

I'm someone who gets really paranoid about losing health, it really did suck for me that they did away with the health bar. I can understand why, but I'm still not fond of it.

Yeah I was fighting the second sential before the crawler and I was just about to drink a health potion then *BAM* I died and I was like, if there was a health bar I could have taken it sooner to prevent that from happening :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.