• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Online Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Re: Online Battles

Imagine it now..

8 heroes running into battle, the rangers lifting their guns and cross bows, the mages charging their flames and thunder, the warriors raising their mighty blades... An entire group of people running towards an end goal: To kill something.

What you ask? A special creature designed for such things. How about... A big dragon. Or several dragons. A threeheaded dog the size of castle fairfax? Sure thing!

The players start off in a dungeon. Alone, locked in a cell. But then! Their door pops open. As they travel through the dungeon picking up their armour [from their solo game, it's been left about for them to recollect] they meet up with each other and kill various enemies. Each area gets tougher and tougher, food grows scarce, potions are empty, everyone is just managing to get through the relentless waves of hollowmen.. and then they make it through the last door... Before them is a gigantic dragon. They've just woken it up from slumber... with a wide area, and all their weapons, they must band together and defeat the dragon!

Why do they go through all this? Unique rewards! Dragon tooth, bone and hide. Take it to a blacksmith in your solo game and have it made into Dragon-scale Armour, or get the Dragon-bone Blade! A small number of wonderful items!

Crap. I'm turning into Peter Molyneux!!!!

SORAYISS

Reaction score

.. if they do this and make it possible for pvp, team battles and just teaming up with more than one person.. i am without a doubt gunna get xbox live.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Rat;385787 said:
Imagine it now..

8 heroes running into battle, the rangers lifting their guns and cross bows, the mages charging their flames and thunder, the warriors raising their mighty blades... An entire group of people running towards an end goal: To kill something.

What you ask? A special creature designed for such things. How about... A big dragon. Or several dragons. A threeheaded dog the size of castle fairfax? Sure thing!

The players start off in a dungeon. Alone, locked in a cell. But then! Their door pops open. As they travel through the dungeon picking up their armour [from their solo game, it's been left about for them to recollect] they meet up with each other and kill various enemies. Each area gets tougher and tougher, food grows scarce, potions are empty, everyone is just managing to get through the relentless waves of hollowmen.. and then they make it through the last door... Before them is a gigantic dragon. They've just woken it up from slumber... with a wide area, and all their weapons, they must band together and defeat the dragon!

Why do they go through all this? Unique rewards! Dragon tooth, bone and hide. Take it to a blacksmith in your solo game and have it made into Dragon-scale Armour, or get the Dragon-bone Blade! A small number of wonderful items!

Crap. I'm turning into Peter Molyneux!!!!

You got to add stuff like, "It's not cool to do.." or "Thats wahat i love with fable 3...." O hand half of his scentences have to finish with a hippie-like manor of "man".

However more to the topic, i think if dungeons were to appear 8 players would be a good limit, whilst arenas to have maybe 20 to even 30.

The arena would more suit for fighting large creatures like dragons, whilst the dungeon would work for some exotic (similar feel to many areas in Zelda) areas of the Fable universe, maybe with a short story around each dungeon.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

hobbes_pwn;385973 said:
You got to add stuff like, "It's not cool to do.." or "Thats wahat i love with fable 3...." O hand half of his scentences have to finish with a hippie-like manor of "man".

However more to the topic, i think if dungeons were to appear 8 players would be a good limit, whilst arenas to have maybe 20 to even 30.

The arena would more suit for fighting large creatures like dragons, whilst the dungeon would work for some exotic (similar feel to many areas in Zelda) areas of the Fable universe, maybe with a short story around each dungeon.

All right. Watch in amazement, here's the pitch. It'll be uncanny!

"So, with Fable 3 we've decided to bring in this new feature. We came up with it when we thought "How can we make the multiplayer a new experience, rather than just some sort of replay of the solo game with a friend" and that's when we came up with the Arena.

8 heroes running into battle, the rangers lifting their guns and cross bows, the mages charging their flames and thunder, the warriors raising their mighty blades... An entire group of people running towards an end goal: To kill something. And I love that! That people would be brought together by their end goal, to achieve something and that's what's really special about Fable, because it's not just about slaying hobbes it's about reaching an end goal. And to do that with a group of people all wanting the same thing would be a wonderful experience.

So what do you do in the Arena, you ask? Well, we really banged our heads together and finally came up with a brand new combat system, man. By which I mean, man, everyone is now fighting not just for themselves, but for all of the other heroes too. Which really brings out the feel of bonding together in battle and fighting as a force.

The game is simple; players start off in a dungeon. Alone, locked in a cell. But then! Their door pops open for an unknown reason. As they travel through the dungeon picking up cool new armour [feature not going to be implemented] they meet up with each other and kill various enemies. Each area gets tougher and tougher, until they finally make it to the big boss: a gigantic dragon. So then they really have to come together and fight it, using strategy and all their skills.

At the end of this, we've shoved in loads of new armour and weapon possibilities by making the "Dragon Parts" reward. All it is, are various parts of the dragon. For example: It's teeth, bone, scales, things like that. You take them to a black smith and he turns them into unique items for your hero for you to use in your solo game, or bring to other Arena games.

So there's a lot we've tried to do with this, and that's what I love about Fable 3, we do a lot with it. We've been talking about adding children that can aid you in battle, hobbes that live with you, driving carriages, and being able burn down houses! But then we scrapped those ideas without telling anyone and come the release date made everyone ****ed off, which isn't very cool, man, but then it was all right because the game was all right anyone to enjoy on it's own, man. And that's what I LOVE about Fable 3! You can just sit down and play and regardless of all the crap I've been saying, you can still enjoy it and not feel let down.

And the dog! THE DOGGIE WOGGIE WOGGIE WOGGIE WOG! THE DOG! DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG! I love the dog! Yes, no one really likes it, it was annoying, and didn't really do anything and I don't know anyone that really cared when it died, but I love the dog and I'm Peter Molyneux so if I want to have people make a retarded dog rather than add more features that people actually wanted, I WILL, man. Which is why I LOVE being me. IT's a fantastic, emmersive experience being me, man. "

That's basically how he would do it.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Rat;385981 said:
All right. Watch in amazement, here's the pitch. It'll be uncanny!

"So, with Fable 3 we've decided to bring in this new feature. We came up with it when we thought "How can we make the multiplayer a new experience, rather than just some sort of replay of the solo game with a friend" and that's when we came up with the Arena.

8 heroes running into battle, the rangers lifting their guns and cross bows, the mages charging their flames and thunder, the warriors raising their mighty blades... An entire group of people running towards an end goal: To kill something. And I love that! That people would be brought together by their end goal, to achieve something and that's what's really special about Fable, because it's not just about slaying hobbes it's about reaching an end goal. And to do that with a group of people all wanting the same thing would be a wonderful experience.

So what do you do in the Arena, you ask? Well, we really banged our heads together and finally came up with a brand new combat system, man. By which I mean, man, everyone is now fighting not just for themselves, but for all of the other heroes too. Which really brings out the feel of bonding together in battle and fighting as a force.

The game is simple; players start off in a dungeon. Alone, locked in a cell. But then! Their door pops open for an unknown reason. As they travel through the dungeon picking up cool new armour [feature not going to be implemented] they meet up with each other and kill various enemies. Each area gets tougher and tougher, until they finally make it to the big boss: a gigantic dragon. So then they really have to come together and fight it, using strategy and all their skills.

At the end of this, we've shoved in loads of new armour and weapon possibilities by making the "Dragon Parts" reward. All it is, are various parts of the dragon. For example: It's teeth, bone, scales, things like that. You take them to a black smith and he turns them into unique items for your hero for you to use in your solo game, or bring to other Arena games.

So there's a lot we've tried to do with this, and that's what I love about Fable 3, we do a lot with it. We've been talking about adding children that can aid you in battle, hobbes that live with you, driving carriages, and being able burn down houses! But then we scrapped those ideas without telling anyone and come the release date made everyone ****ed off, which isn't very cool, man, but then it was all right because the game was all right anyone to enjoy on it's own, man. And that's what I LOVE about Fable 3! You can just sit down and play and regardless of all the crap I've been saying, you can still enjoy it and not feel let down.

And the dog! THE DOGGIE WOGGIE WOGGIE WOGGIE WOG! THE DOG! DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG! I love the dog! Yes, no one really likes it, it was annoying, and didn't really do anything and I don't know anyone that really cared when it died, but I love the dog and I'm Peter Molyneux so if I want to have people make a retarded dog rather than add more features that people actually wanted, I WILL, man. Which is why I LOVE being me. IT's a fantastic, emmersive experience being me, man. "

That's basically how he would do it.

A+ Peter Molyneus couldn't of said it better himself

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

this would be awesome, except that peter said there will no longer be a health bar. unless they add one in just for Online dueling.

R

Rogue345

how will the game work without a health bar?

jb0wns

Sword Pro ;)
Reaction score

hows about team battles or 2 v 2 battles. that would add a new perspective because some people would shoot at long range, whilst others would go in close with melee weapons... the only disadvantages behind this would be that these modes would make the game more online based rather than the really good single player story that fable 1 and 2 were so famous for

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Rogue345;387991 said:
how will the game work without a health bar?

The screen goes red with the more damage you take... Like a goddamn fps.

SORAYISS

Reaction score

i think taking away the health bar is one of the best choices theyve made, but they need to put a map on the screen, bottom left or right.

Status
Not open for further replies.