• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Past and present collide.

K

Kablekarr

Past and present collide.

Ok its 3 A.M and I just spent two days playing through both fables. Fic time.

Chapter one: Rude awakenings.

The sun began to rise over Bowerstone. People were stirring, traders already preparing there wares. In one house a hero stirred, Sparrow yawned and sat up in bed his wife at his side and his dog Silver at his feet. As his master rose so did he, they both walked to the bathroom and sparrow gazed at himself in the mirror.

I'm old, its only been five years since lucien fell and i've aged. I'm only 27 summers old and I look like I've been dragged through wraithmarsh backwards.

He dressed himself and went downstairs, his children Thomas 8 and jane 12 were already up and helping themselves to food.

"Mornin' Dad" Jane mumbled through a mouthful of toast.
"Morning, you ready for today"? He asked, it was her school graduation from school that day and would go into whichever apprenticeship she chose.

"Yeah I'm ready but I still think I..."
"You are not training to become a Hero we've already had this discussion"
"But dad" She begged
"I said no"! He stated bluntly. Jane growled as she bit into the toast, Silver turned and looked at her, intrigued by the noise.

Kara came downstairs in a nightgown and red hair all over the place. She groaned and sat at the desk.
"Wuzzat noise about" she grumbled
"Looking beautiful as always Mrs mayor"
She groaned again into her tea.

Sparrow pulled new clothes on and sheathed his Daichi at his waist with his red dragon. Kara sighed when she saw him.
"Do you have to wear those bloody explorer's clothes"?
"They're my best clothes" He replied with a grin
"And what about that coat"
"This coat is very important, I won this coat in a very expensive game of foutunes tower if I'd lost you still wouldn't have a house to live in".
Kara sighed and gave her husband a peck on the cheek.
"No use fighting you is there".
"Nope".

Sparrow and Kara sat in the front row of the audience in bowerstone square, Kara cried as her little girl went up on stage the teacher annouced her. "Jane Sparrow, she will enter apprentiship as a... theres nothing here"
"I haven't decided yet" she grinned.
As she stepped down from the stage the town bells errupted with noise. Sparrow reached to his waist, something large was bounding across the roofs, it howled as it lept towards the crowd. Sparrow lept forward and slashed the beast from shoulder to waist. Through the blood soaked fur he could tell what it was: A balverine, and there was more of them.
Sparrow turned to his wife and shouted.
"Kara get the kids back to house NOW"!

She grabbed the childrens hands and made a run for it. In minutes the town had become a battlezone, the guards and sparrow fought off the beasts, Sparrow was back to back with Nigel, a local guard.

"What the bloody hell are these things doing in bowerstARGH"! One of the beasts had bitten Nigel and one thing happened when you were bitten. A single gunshot echoed through the square. Nigel bled from his temple and breathed no more.
"Sorry Nige'" Sparrow said as he thrust the gun in his belt.

He rolled away and struck another and another and still they came. He sheathed his sword and held out his hands, he felt the energy build inside him, he shaped it, made it blade and fire and let it flow towards his hands. The will exploded from him striking the balverines. The fire blinded him and when he could see he found himself in a dark cold stone room. Silver had already ran away to the feet of someone in the room.

"Hello boy, ello, you been a good boy" The familliar voice said
Sparrow rubbed his eyes and looked around. The air choked in his throat.
"Hammer"?
"Hello little Sparrow" The other figure said hooded but her glassy eyes shone out.
Sparrow knew exactly where he was: The spire.

More to come.

K

Kablekarr

Re: Past and present collide.

Chapter 2: Unpleasant reunions.

The spire had not changed at all, and sparrow wondered why he thought it would have. Hammer smiled at him, age had began to touch her as well. she wore the thick robes of the nothern monks and still had her hammer swung over her shoulder. Silver seemed to weilded himself to her hand as he would not let her stop stroking him.
"Theresa whats going on"? Sparrow asked
" I think we should wait until the others arrive before I begin" She replied in her ancient mystic voice.

The magic of teleportation swirled and from within the light Garth emerged, his beard was longer and braided and his will scars had grown and covered more of him. He sighed and looked around.
"Never thought I'd be dragged to this place again".
"You're not the only one". Said sparrow

Another glow dissapated revealing Reaver, his clothes clutched in hands and blade in his chest. He let out a slightly embarassed chuckle
"Well you caught me at a quite lucky time a gentlemen in Samarkand just caught me in bed with his wife"...
Garth sighed "Typical"
"... And his chamberboy". Reaver grinned "And could someone remove this for me its starting to itch"

Sparrow drew the sword from reavers front and watched in a mix of wonder and horror as he saw how reavers "Gift" from the Shadow court worked. His gut and muscle and skin seemed to knit itself back together as if nothing had ever injured it.

"There fixed, now put some clothes on you animal" Sparrow snapped
"ooooh someones a little touchy today" Reaver replied with a smirk
"Enough". Theresa said as the three turned to her.
"I have one final task, the spire has amounted a little energy that I need to cast something and the energy you three have will augment its power."

"What do you want to cast" Sparrow asked suspicious of the events taking place.
"That sparrow is not for you to see yet".
"I'm fine with it". Hammer said
"The quicker I'm out of here the better" Garth added
"I was hoping to return to bloodstone soon maybe this will help". Reaver noted
"Fine, do it" Sparrow said.

"Very well I shall begin"
Each of them glowed with light, spiraled into the heart of the spire, the cracks in the black rock began to glow with will and a portal the size of a small house energy hissed from it. it felt dark, foreboding...evil.

"Brother this is it you will return to me" Theresa laughed over the din.
"Not quite little seeress" A voice echo'ed through the building and for a moment sparrow felt it move through his body.

Theresa screamed in fear and tried to hide herself, something shot from the portal as it closed it latched on to theresa she tried to fight it off. She slumped to the floor and twitched for a few moments, then stopped moving.
"Theresa are you alright"? Sparrow asked

She twitched once more and stood she lifted her arms ands looked at them, she spoke but the other voice emerged.
"Well its certainly not the body I expected but It will have to do"
"Theresa"? Sparrow asked as he reached for his sword
"Not quite" "She" cackled
She rose he head, covering her face was a mask covered in strange marks eyes gone from white to black and yellow.
"I am the jack".
"The what"? Hammer asked her gripped tightend on her hammer.

"The jack of blades" It cackled through its mask.

More soon. What dy'a think?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

pretty goodz :)

Dentie

Reaction score

Hood man we want more :p + Rep

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Really good read, thanks for the story.+rep

K

Kablekarr

Chapter 3

Jack stood there, examining his new form humming as he did so.
"Well of all the bodies to jump into, this is ironic".

Sparrow looked at it, he could see him there in theresa's body. But it felt wrong, as if something shouldn't be there. It chilled him to the bone.
"What have you you done"? Hammer demanded through gritted teeth
"I've taken up a spot in theresa for now, you know just for bit".
"Well you're not staying for long"! Hammer screamed and lunged at jack. There was a thud.

Hammer stood there shocked. This tiny, frail woman had stopped the attack with one hand. The sniggering, whispy voice emerged from beneath the mask.
"Is that all little monk" And he grabbed the the head of the hammer and thrust the shaft into hammers stomach, she slumped to the ground, breathless. A bolt of lightning shook the room, Garth glowed with will energy.

"That was a mistake" He threw an orb of screeching white-hot lightning at Jack. He lifted his hand and absorbed the energy within himself for a second the shared body glowed.
"And that tickled". It replied and let off a blast of energy which hit Garth and threw him to the wall.

"Well this is certainly gaining my interest". Reaver said as he drew his pistol and fired several rounds at his target, each shot was dead on but at the last moment they flew away from their target embedding themselves in the walls.
"Ah you are the one she dispises the most, the one who destroyed oakvale, we're not so different you and I"
He waved his hand and reaver gasped, blood began to seep from his shirt and he fell to the ground.
"But my power doesn't come from shadows and things in the dark".

Sparrow could barely comprehend what was going on, those he trusted fought aside had been thrown aside like insects. Theresa, the woman who saved him from death possesed by some creature. He drew his sword and with a roar he charged at the creature. Lunging and slicing each attack being stepped away from as if he wasn't even trying to. The creature then punched sparrow square in the chest throwing him across the room.

"I take it heroes have become even more pathetic in the last 500 years".
It then stumbled and gripped its head in pain and roared. It began to speak.
"I shall get you all out of here, now go and find the archon, he will show you the way" it said in theresa's voice. There was a blinding light and everything faded. When Sparrow awoke he and the other 3 were in Bowerstone town square, beaten and broken. Sparrow wondered to himself.

There hasn't been an Archon in over 1000 years, where am I supposed to find one?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Love the story. :)Can't wait to find out what happens next.:unsure:

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

Nice story, keep going.

T

theneatguy

awsome jack came back boo yaaah

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Nice story :)
only thing I didn't like was denties banner :p

anain12

Reaction score

Haven't read it all but I'll + rep you for the first chapter which I did dead.

Ryu hayabusa

Assassin
Reaction score

Nice very creative keep on going

K

Kablekarr

Chapter 5

Sparrow shook hammer and garth awake, they both had marks of the previous encounter. He tried to wake reaver, he would not wake. He was still bleeding and alot, hammer lifted him off the floor.
"Why isn't he healing, I thought the shadows dealt with this sort of thing".
"That thing jack, theresa whatever it was did something to him." Sparrow answered as he checked silver for any wounds.

"So where now?" Garth asked, as he healed his wounds with will.
"We go to my place, we can start researching this archon business". Sparrow replied. "Follow me."

As they walked through bowerstone market people offered them help and food. Hammer angrily snapped at a few and apolgized in the same sentence. Garth politely turned them down. They were all stressed, especially sparrow. The bard skipped at sparrows side trying to come up with a new ballard, sparrow snatched the lute and broke it over his head. Some of the people boo'ed others laughed.

They eventually arrivved in fairfax gardens when hammer finally asked "So where exactly do you live?" Sparrow pointed towards the manor.
"How the hell do you own that?" Garth asked
"Good investments".

As they entered the castle Kara ran up to her husband and almost tackled him. "Darling, what happened, are you alright"?. He gave her a reassuring hug. "I'm fine, but we could do with some help" he said as he pointed over the shoulder the reavers bleeding body.

Several hours they sat in the study. Reaver was resting and recoving in one the beds in the manor. They each sat reading from old books deatailing the history of albion. Hammer raised her head and asked the others.
"Did theresa mention a brother"?
"Yeah it was the reason she opened the gateway, Why"? Sparrow asked
"One of the great heroes, one from oakvale, had a sister, a seer named theresa". She flicked through a few more pages. "Can't be pure coinsidence can it.

"Maybe not, first time I traveled through wraithmarsh, she talked about how it was oakvale, it the most emotion I ever heard from her". Sparrow said putting his book down. "But thats impossible that would make her almost 500 years.

Garth coughed "Have you met our aqaintense Reaver the 300 year old nigh-immortal from Oakvale".
"They say that the hero was killed was killed when the guild fell, which would give theresa incentive" Hammer added.

Sparrow rubbed his neck, Putting his book down. "So what the this "jack" thing was a kink in her design, and speaking of that, I think I know what that was". He showed them a page from the book, it showed a a thin man in strange clothes, he wore the same mask as the thing that currently had control over Theresa.
Hammer laughed "Jack of blades-the childrens story, your joking right thats mad"
"It might not be, but its late, get some sleep, we'll carry on in the morning." Sparrow said as he stood.

Jack walked through the halls of the spire examing the remains of the prison cells and work areas. If he came to any unfinished rooms he simply blew the remains away so he could look around. He had became a very strange creature, such more and madness, which had been housed in such an elderly frail body.

"Every time I think about it, it just gets funnier". He snickered
I'm missing the humour please explain it to me. Theresa's voice said
"You and your brother tried to defeat me, eventually defeat me and now I'm rolling around in your dried out old husk, the irony is hillarious".
Jack you may be in control of me, but those who I have trained will destroy you
"Ahahaha, You mean the tank, the spell thrower, the pirate and the other one" "That'll be the day". At thayt moment Jack felt a surging of Will, he could feel it and taste it, its power was so great. He rushed to the origin of the energy. He found a body incased in cristaline stone, he could sense no mind, no will of its own. It fascinated him.
"Well theresa what do we have here".

He delved into her memories and found exactly what he was looking for.
"A commandant eh?" "Theresa your usefulness may have just run out."