• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Patch date released...not kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
From a posting dev on the Lionhead Forums (I'm an insomniac!):

"News has just reached us that the title update for Fable III a lot of you have been waiting for will be made available today Wednesday December 1st 2010 at aprox. 10am GMT. Please stay tuned for more details in the coming hours."

RSVR85

Reaction score
Just logged on to post the same news.
About frikkin time IMO. Thank you at last, Lionhead.
Good luck to all with the new patch.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know when 10am GMT is, it was just over two hours before I posted this.
THE PATCH IS NOW UP.

CodoDeMono

Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a patch and had to look up what was in it. For anyone else in the same boat:

Major Fixes
Sanctuary: Fixed numerous issues whereby Jasper would stop talking or whereby the world map would become unusable
Quests: Tabletop: The Hobbes may not spawn in the last area causing the player to be unable to progress
Quest: Tabletop: Online multiplayer: Player host is unable to vault off platform to Hobbe area
Quest: Tabletop: Player can become stuck behind some rocks
Quest: Tabletop: After defeating the hollowmen in the room with the lever the player is unable to progress
Quest: The Masquerade: Player can become trapped in Reaver's mansion.
Quest: The Masquerade: Player can fall out of the world
Quest: GNOMES PART 1: Player can break script
Live: The players fall out of the world (FOOTW) when transitioning from Shifting Sands to The Veiled Path
Crash: Mourningwood guards audio
Crash: During the quest "Peace, Love and Homicide"

Minor Fixes
General improvements to performance and frame rate

World: Online multiplayer: Fast Travel area does not extend from end of level the "The Hole" to go to Mistpeak Valley
World: Player can fall out of environment in Mistpeak Valley while in combat
World: After proposing marriage, Bowerstone Castle cannot be selected as family home.
World: If client repairs a house, the house goes from renting out to living in
World: Player can become stuck during Castle Battle after vaulting over sandbags near burning cart
World: Bowerstone Industrial: Player can fall off the world
World: a fix for existing or future FOOTW situations
World: Online multiplayer: No Particle Effects on Host Screen after Marrying another Player

Live: Orbs do not always show up
Live: Online multiplayer: Fixed an issue with sliding host in the sanctuary
Live: Fixed several issues relating to gifting and receiving gifts in local and online coop

Quest: Tabletop: Breadcrumb not leading to Demonic Chickens
Saves: Fixed a few issues that could cause a corrupt save game slot
World: Driftwood: Hero can become stuck inside of tree
World: Shooting a crate creates a duplicate crate
World: Black chicken in castle gardens flies straight up into the air for several seconds when kicked
Speech: Japanese: Reaver is missing VO in one quest

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
No Brightwall freezes? **** you LH, **** you.

Epiternal

Reaction score
No Brightwall freezes? f*** you LH, f*** you.
Well seeing as that's the only problem that occurred in my game AND this patch nullifies the duplication glitch, there is no way in hell I'm installing this, thanks for making me wait for ****ing nothing LH.

GrimBaggins

Hobbit for hire.
Reaction score
as expected with LH we were all hoping for something we'll never get.
p.m just loves to pretend he cares about the people who have to actually play the game, the sad reallity is he only cares about our wallets.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
this was also on there:
Disclaimer: While we make every effort to include as many upcoming changes in our patch notes as possible, please be aware that some changes are unintentionally omitted. (UPDATE: Some media reported that we omitted content from the title update, this has been misreported; the comment refers to omitted from the patch notes, not the patch itself). Where possible the title update will be retroactive, meaning if you’ve already experienced the issue in your game it will now be resolved. This is not applicable to all solutions.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Sanctuary: Fixed numerous issues whereby Jasper would stop talking
Live: Orbs do not always show up
These are the only two that affected me, so I'm happy they're fixed!

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
I literally have had none of these problems

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Well seeing as that's the only problem that occurred in my game AND this patch nullifies the duplication glitch, there is no way in hell I'm installing this, thanks for making me wait for f****** nothing LH.
Was too uick to post that, it actually fixes it!

andymac525

Reaction score
cool. can now actually start the book quest!!! thankyou lionhead!!!

Epiternal

Reaction score
Was too uick to post that, it actually fixes it!

Ever heard of the term "if it's not broken don't fix it"? Well the duplication glitch wasn't broken, unlike many other things, so could have been left alone. Unfortunately I had to install this sodding patch in the end because otherwise it wouldn't let me play online. F****** thing.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
How exactly are you supposed to download this patch without Xbox Live? Would be a bitch if they really released a singleplayer game (well, mostly) for 60€ that will cost me even more to play properly...

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Ever heard of the term "if it's not broken don't fix it"? Well the duplication glitch wasn't broken, unlike many other things, so could have been left alone. Unfortunately I had to install this sodding patch in the end because otherwise it wouldn't let me play online. F****** thing.
It WAS broken, but it was convenient for you.

Epiternal

Reaction score
It WAS broken, but it was convenient for you.

You can't really call it broken, yea it was a glitch, but it didn't hurt anyone, it was like a mini white lie, and instead of going for the huge black monster lies LH decided to be douchey and get rid of the only glitch which did nothing wrong. I for one would have rather they dealt with more pressing matters, such as the one that sees me barred from Brightwall indefinitely lest my game crash and my save file corrupts.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Until one little white lie begets another, and another...the road to hell is paved with good intentions!

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
You can't really call it broken, yea it was a glitch, but it didn't hurt anyone, it was like a mini white lie, and instead of going for the huge black monster lies LH decided to be douchey and get rid of the only glitch which did nothing wrong. I for one would have rather they dealt with more pressing matters, such as the one that sees me barred from Brightwall indefinitely lest my game crash and my save file corrupts.
It was fixed.
It did hurt the feeling that LH creates with collectables. Having it unfixed was like, say having the Silver Keys tradeable.

AlmightyLush

Reaction score
We're complaining about them trying to fix the game after listening to our complaints? Really?
I downloaded it and it fixed the bug that really bothered me. Jasper speaks to me now. I'm happy. He had stopped talking right after the credit roll and so when I went back to the Sanctuary I stood next to him and he gave the whole speech about how he was proud of me and that my father would have been proud of me and that he'd always be there to help if I needed it...*sniff*
It was actually pretty touching after having not heard it right after the credit roll and him being silent for 2 weeks on that file. Then he proceeded to run down and comment on a weeks worth of actions that he never got to comment on at the time. It was bizarre hearing him rush through everything I had done in a week back to back like a list.
Well at least they're trying and adjusting according to what the consumers are telling them. So, keep complaining I guess. Maybe we'll get a better game out of it.
Honestly though, almost every game I've played had glitches harmless to ruinous, and most of the companies who made these games had ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in what the consumers have to say about it. And they acted like it too. So I'm grateful that they're trying to remedy problems as they're brought to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.