• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Patch question...would it be possible to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
do something about the ludicrous and immersion-breaking plague of Balverines later in the game?

It's bloody ridiculous. Where are we suddenly to pretend they've all come from?

Hope it can be fixed/toned waaaay down.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
So it would seem. That's my point.

Where are they coming from, and in human form, where are they living?

Immersion-breaking, nonsensical and hugely annoying.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've got to say, especially around MistPeak I get through one pack only to be assaulted less than 30 seconds later by another - you can even see them prowling along the next stretch of path or bridge. But at least enemies fight one another (well they do for me) and can sometimes cut their health down enough that I can swipe through them a little easier.

Ay Ay Adrian

Reaction score
Yeah because enemies attacking you at random is immersion breaking. Oh wait, that's the premise of the combat system. I mean Mercenaries, they hide in trees for days at a time hoping you come by? Like when do they have time to sleep, do they just guess when you're traveling through mistpeak?

/sarcasm

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Yeah because enemies attacking you at random is immersion breaking. Oh wait, that's the premise of the combat system. I mean Mercenaries, they hide in trees for days at a time hoping you come by? Like when do they have time to sleep, do they just guess when you're traveling through mistpeak?

/sarcasm
they take turns keeping watch and when a potential victim comes along they wake everyone else up with a complex network of strings

and yes, there are far too many balverines

MudkipLuna

Mistress of Killing Stuffs
Reaction score
Ugh, I know what you mean.

It probably just has to do with PMs idea of industry in Albion and taking away the land that once belonged to the balverines blah blah blah. They still run the areas they ran before, though, so that really makes no sense whatsoever.

And why the richest town in Albion cannot fathom the idea of building this new thing called a "wall" I have no idea.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Ugh, I know what you mean.

It probably just has to do with PMs idea of industry in Albion and taking away the land that once belonged to the balverines blah blah blah. They still run the areas they ran before, though, so that really makes no sense whatsoever.

And why the richest town in Albion cannot fathom the idea of building this new thing called a "wall" I have no idea.
Bowerstone does have a wall. Since Fable I...

MudkipLuna

Mistress of Killing Stuffs
Reaction score
Bowerstone does have a wall. Since Fable I...

I was referring to Millfields.

The place is positively overrun by balverines, mercenaries and other uglies. Who in their right mind would ever pay so much gold to live there?

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score
Rich, pompous, pricks is equivalent to blood thirsty, ravaging animals.

This isn't an algebraic algorithm of quantum mechanic proportions. Its elementary.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Could the outbreak of balvarines be in relation to the outcast getting his hands on the rare statue that turns him and thus he goes out to create more? Also, perhaps they were simply regular reaver-party-goers and now that reaver seems to have abandoned his mansion they've been taken off the leash...?

Status
Not open for further replies.