• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

People who take things too seriously.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
People who take things too seriously.

My MSN friends have decided they don't like me any more.

First I made a comment about one of the guys who got depressed over my bf making a joke about him, he ragequitted msn over one measley joke. He then blocked me because I made one small comment behind his back saying "Lol he should just grow a pair" and now he hates me. To make things worse, it was a furry joke. OMG FURSECUTION D':

Now today I was joking around with my bf saying we're like "the best couple ever" since none of us knew when we decided to go out. A girl in the conversation took this really deeply and now hates me.

....WHY THE HELL DO FURRIES TAKE THINGS SO SERIOUSLY

After I worked it out with this girl they were treating me like a guy on parole for goodness sake. So after one of my friends said something...

name:
awesome, i thought you 2 would want to sort it out
DarkenedSoul says:
Sort it out? Dude it isn't as if I slept with her boyfriend, all I did was make a small comment sarcastically aimed at no one
Why do you guys take everything so seriously?

Now they won't talk to me.

Share your "people who take things too seriously" stories.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: People who take things too seriously.

Fursecution lol. Wow that is stupid, I don't have too many overly serious people, there is Teneal, but I avoid contct with her.

However I have/had (Not sure of our current status, she says she likes hanging out yet she barely talks to me anymore.) a friend that has a COMPLETELY selective memory and is an Emotional-Sadist (Someoen who toys with others emotions for fun) and has very little understganding of things, her description of BiPolar is word for word: "When you are one mood then later in the day you are in another mood." also she thinks a man crossing his legs tightly is gay and embarassing.

I also have another friend who has a slightly narrow minded view of solutions, he is pretty darn smart but has little problem solving skills: Nuke it.

eriously, he view Nukes a the beat all solution to ANY of if probems, kinda gets anoying.

I onyl really hav three peeves:
Self Righteousness
Children
Ignorance.

Disclaimer: My grannies eyboar SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS so that is why the grammar/spelling sucks and I cannot be bothered to change it.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

You really shouldn't cross your leg as a man like that. It does look "gay" indeed, but more importantly its bad for your babymaker! :lol:

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Tsuyu;349254 said:
You really shouldn't cross your leg as a man like that. It does look "gay" indeed, but more importantly its bad for your babymaker! :lol:

If it isn't making babies it isn't a babymaker, right? o.o

On topic-

I told a friend of mine jokingly that the song she was listening to sucked. She was listening to Taylor Swift. She blocked me for 3 days. And she wasn't even PMSing. People really need to stop it, it irritates the hell out of me when someone can't take a joke.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

One time I said to a guy "That girl's hot." He then stick his finger in his mouth, and placed it on her skin for the ssssssssssssssshhhhhhh sound of water on heat :p

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Tiamatria;349255 said:
If it isn't making babies it isn't a babymaker, right? o.o

A car that isn't running is nontheless a car, innit?

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Tsuyu;349259 said:
A car that isn't running is nontheless a car, innit?

A car and a non-running car are two very different things.

Like a snail and a slug, amirite?

Psychosis

Reaction score

I posted a status update on Facebook last night expressing my rather strong opinions over Children in Need. To sum up my feelings in a short post here, I called CiN 'Children in Greed'. A certain guy got very silly about it and decided to take the moral high ground. He then started to make comments aimed personally at me and my girlfriend. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, offensive or not, aren't they?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I'd love to share my stories, but unfortunately most of them feature me as the overreactee soooo, no.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Arseface;349271 said:
I'd love to share my stories, but unfortunately most of them feature me as the overreactee soooo, no.
Oh you're just overreacting~

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Tiamatria;349263 said:
A car and a non-running car are two very different things.

Like a snail and a slug, amirite?
But they're still slimy.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;349271 said:

Aww c'mon. It's perfectly ok to look back on things you've done and laugh about them. And it's even better when you share those things that you've done so we can all laugh about them. :p

Anyhoo, I have two stories about overreactions...

About 2 years ago, I was hanging out with my friend Marc. I had told him before we started hanging out that I was going to be seeing my gf later that day. I didn't specifically mention that I wanted to be alone with her, but that's always implied whenever one of us wants to hang out with our gf, at least with my group of friends. Anyway, we were just chilling at my house, and it was nearing the time I was supposed to meet up with my gf, so I told him that. He just said "ok." There was a brief awkward silence, and then I said, "ok, well, see ya later." Then he looked confused and a little angry, and started accusing me of trying to ditch him. I just told him that I wanted to be alone with my gf like always, and he gets really p*ssed off, and storms out. He didn't talk to me for over a month.

Story #2...

I used to play a Star Wars game called Jedi Academy with some other people, and we would role play on it. One time, it was just me and a guy whose username was Remnant. I decided to make one of my jedi characters turn to the dark side, and when I did, he pulled out a rocket launcher, blasted me with it multiple times until I was dead, said "f*ck you!", and logged off. This left me completely baffled. I talked to him about it on xfire the next day, and he said the reason that he did what he did was because he didn't think there was enough stuff going on to make my jedi character turn to the dark side. And get this: he was still mad about it. I tried to talk some sense into him, but he wouldn't calm down. He had me blocked for about a month.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Fine.

Once, me and my friend were talking, and he mentioned that he loves his girlfriend. For some reason I thought he was being self important and arrogant, so I told him to get over himself and we ended up having a massive fight because of it. It's all good now though.

Once I was at the pub with mates, and this guy walked into me and accidentally spilled some of my drink. He said sorry and went to walk away, but I was drunk enough to think he did it on purpose and we nearly got into fisticuffs over it.

Maybe I'll think of some more later.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I told a boy in school to get some new clothes after he called my girlfriend at the time a whore since he wore the same clothes since about 3 years before. He hit me. I knocked him out and got excluded (suspended)...

He still wears that hoodie.