• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Physique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Physique

Does anyone here reckon that You will still have to get overly buff like You did in the last game just to get more powerfull? Personally I hope not. It looked alright in Fable 1 due to the plate armour, but it ruined alot of outfits in Fable 2 by making the character look fat in My opinon anyone agree here?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Physique

partially yes, but i don't think as much as previous games.

lionhead has already said that they intend to make the game less of an rpg and more of an action-adventure, meaning that combat will require more skill with the system than making larger numbers appear on the screen.

so far i haven't seen a single buff character in any of the fable 3 screen shots. i'm not saying that it's been taken out, i just don't think it'll be necessary. if all goes well you will prosper the most from using diversity in combat.

Reaction score

Agreed and some of the costumes for 3 look like they have been built to make the hero look good unlike some of the cloathing from F2

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

Fable III will not allow you to level up physique as you did in Fable 2.

In Fable III, you only gain muscles if you use heavy weapons like axes and hammers and use lots of melee.

Using lots of ranged weapons makes you grow taller.

Using lots of will makes will lines appear on you.

Arainai

Reaction score

I'm glad they're fixing the level-up system. I never increased strenght because of the fact that she looked like a bodybuilder on steriods, and skill made you four feet taller than everybody else.

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;404590 said:
Fable III will not allow you to level up physique as you did in Fable 2.

In Fable III, you only gain muscles if you use heavy weapons like axes and hammers and use lots of melee.

Using lots of ranged weapons makes you grow taller.

Using lots of will makes will lines appear on you.

About the will part, I also heard from somewhere (don't remember which website it was & I'm not too sure if this is true) that you age more quickly which would be pretty epic. That kinda reminds me of Palpatine from star wars & how use of the force twisted His appearance (after ROTS.)

tjbyrum1

Reaction score

Added onto you Gunslinger, I also heard Evil people have RED will lines, whilst Good people have BLUE will lines.

This will help since evil wizards don't look to great with blue on them.

It seems Fable 3 may just be one of the greatest games ever.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;404825 said:
About the will part, I also heard from somewhere (don't remember which website it was & I'm not too sure if this is true) that you age more quickly which would be pretty epic. That kinda reminds me of Palpatine from star wars & how use of the force twisted His appearance (after ROTS.)

OMG NOOOOOO!!!!

The original fable had serious problems because you aged to quickly. Age is irreversible (unless of course you do those special things, but who's gonna bother with that? you're only gonna age again)

Fable 2 completely removed the aging system and replaced it with a more realistic one where it depends on the story. After the spire you came back with a bit of grayed hair, and you were also able to choose sacrifice your youth. There was no system or time thing, it was much better. I highly doubt they are going to change the aging, it was fine.

Arainai

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;404830 said:
Added onto you Gunslinger, I also heard Evil people have RED will lines, whilst Good people have BLUE will lines.

This will help since evil wizards don't look to great with blue on them.

It seems Fable 3 may just be one of the greatest games ever.

I hope that's true. Blue will lines never looked good on an evil Hero.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score

Ryu, as long as you do NOT use Will, you're fine. You shouldn't age as much if you stop using will.

I assume the aging will be like Fable 2, added in with the aging will.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;404912 said:
Ryu, as long as you do NOT use Will, you're fine. You shouldn't age as much if you stop using will.

Yea I know that... I've beaten the original fable a ****load of times and I still use will. I just mod my fable to deal with problems.

Evil Pakman

Reaction score

it's like this:
you use Hammers, you get buff
Use swords, you'll be skinny(not too skinny) and agile
use guns and you'll get taller...i thnk

Martionmello

Soul catcher
Reaction score

I like the idea of being able to change your appearance to your personality because eventually you do get tired of seeing the same old moves especially if you level everything up. I am sooo glad they give you gauntlets for will so you can mix it up a bit and have some sort of weapon for it. Imagine the combination's of will spells you could come up with!

!!Vortex and Inferno!!

tjbyrum1

Reaction score

... Or Lightning and Fire?

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Syth the old one;404832 said:
Pm may have actually delivered on his promises

hush yo mouth!
(you'll jinx the game!):p

Tear

- is now missing in action
Reaction score

Evil Pakman;405240 said:
it's like this:
you use Hammers, you get buff
Use swords, you'll be skinny(not too skinny) and agile
use guns and you'll get taller...i thnk

This. I use swords and dont want to turn into buff daddy since Im am normally melee only.

Archon_TJ

Guild Master
Reaction score

Gotta say Fable 2 took a step backwards in how the clothing made your hero look. Getting fat was way to easy and the clothing didnt help. Sounds like 3 will let you have a character based on your fighting style though

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;404912 said:

So, if I'm going to be an awesome, incredible, powerful, ruling Wizard, I have to look old? But, wouldn't it be a total anticlimax, to see that such an amazing spell cam from an old skinny (wo)man? I hate, it...

Shouldn't fable allow to look the way you want to look? I want to look baddass, while using will. The lines help, but the wrinkles and gray hair won't... :(

EDIT: And what about ANTI-AGING SPELLS?

And uhm, on topic: Yeah, I took the female hero in Fable 2 (because, you know; I wanted to be I'm not, in real-life), and she looked to damn buffed, it was ugly... But from what I read above, it should be pretty much fixed. If you end up looking buffed, while using a hammer, or an axe, it should be a good thing. It'd look ridiculous if a skinny hero was using a weapon as large as himself. XD

bloodthirster

Reaction score

tottaly i want the huge tank i had in fable 1 back and my fable 2 character just looked fat like u said

Status
Not open for further replies.