• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PM Wants Fable III Players to Change Their Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avarael

Reaction score
The system definitely needed an overwork. Stuff like stats mostly annoyed me. I would deliberately abandon clothes I liked in the hope that my character would have less fangirls/boys and clothes that I thought looked great with a little dyeing or care would constantly be insulted by passing townsfolk. I liked that armour was removed, however.

I found the dyeing system to not be very streamline which limited customisation. It took me a while to actually see the true merits of it despite being dissatisfied with what there was available. Like if I wanted to see what one colour would look like I'd remove the previous colour but not remember which colour that had been so would have trouble returning to it. Not to mention you had to go in through the dye menu. Then every time you wanted to change dyes you would have to go back. Then back in. If you couldn't find the dye you wanted or couldn't afford it early on you went without discouraging new players with little gold. I felt like it could have been easier. From what I've seen it's looks like they've fixed this or at least changed it.

Stuff like that is what I feel discouraged a lot of people from really playing with what was there. Then there are people who regardless just aren't interested in that cosmetic stuff. I think Jasper's assistance may be useful in aiding new players and people who are a little more unsure though. While I get into the stuff anyway (dress up fanatic XD) it may even help me with working out the intentions with which some clothes were made and if I am unsure he can help direct me. (with lots of clothes comes lots of choices!)

Cute addition that I think will be nice and entertaining but I hope they fixed where I believe the issues were and remembered that some players just don't like all that dress up stuff and Jasper doesn't go overboard with the suggestions serving more as a nuisance. "Sir, may I suggest you wear this?" "No, not interested." "You're not going out wearing that are you. May I help you?" "NO I'm fine. Really." "Have you thought about changing your hat?" "Leave me alone." "Ahh. You are planning to woo a lady. May I suggest a coat?" "#@%!"

Grymm

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Cute addition that I think will be nice and entertaining but I hope they fixed where I believe the issues were and remembered that some players just don't like all that dress up stuff and Jasper doesn't go overboard with the suggestions serving more as a nuisance. "Sir, may I suggest you wear this?" "No, not interested." "You're not going out wearing that are you. May I help you?" "NO I'm fine. Really." "Have you thought about changing your hat?" "Leave me alone." "Ahh. You are planning to woo a lady. May I suggest a coat?" "#@%!"
That's the one thing I'm worried about, if they've managed to screw that up and have Jasper being more of a pest than anything else. (also is it wrong I read that in John Cleese's voice?)

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
lol, Grymm whilst reading his dialogue I also did the same thing. I usually do that.

I think Jasper will be a great addition, as long as his genes are separate from the envious citizens of Fable 2.

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score
You gotta remember we're on a forum dedicated to Fable. We're all pretty into it, and maybe played more thoroughly through it that the other millions of players.
This is true but, like I said, I don't personally know anyone who didn't mess with that stuff. I lived in a large dormitory and could observe other people playing it, they all screwed with that stuff, some more then others but I certainly wouldn't say only half of them touched it, that'd be an overstatement.

I just don't trust or believe Lionhead's statistics and would like to see how they got these numbers and from who.

The reason this has me so concerned is because things like this determine the direction of game development. Maybe Fable 4 won't even have any character customization if only 50% of the players use it because they an "save time" and instead focus on something else. I'm just seeing too many games released within the past couple years that are just not as fun because developers decided to remove stuff like this to make it easier on development and to simplify.

There is a trend to dumb games down and it HAS to stop.

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score
i hated the dyes in the game. They all looked too cartoonish or bright to me. The clothing also made my character look fat. So i usually had him running around shirtless with highwaymen pants and boots.

Avarael

Reaction score
...You seriously couldn't afford dyes?
I never made reference to myself. But new players have little gold. Early in the game is often when people take a look at this kind of stuff. When they get money they want to spend it on weapons or properties or even just regular clothes. It isn't until later when they have the money spare to venture into this system and by then they've learned to make do without. I'll also add that when buying dyes the dye colour picture was inaccurate so I never knew what I was buying until I'd bought it and tried it on my clothes. Who wants to take that risk when looking for something specific?

Martionmello

Soul catcher
Reaction score
Yeah, but I wish that there wasn't so much bad clothing like the yokel hat and clogs. I mean those clothes suck!
(",)

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

I'll wear the same teeshirt for three days if I bloody well want Peter, and stop looking in my windows!

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
Pete doesn't need to tell me to change my clothes; I been doin' it! I cared about my quirky fashion sense more than I did my combat skills. I got bored of looking at the same outfits over time.

Sounds like there will be lots of clothing options, if he's officially pushing for us to change clothes.

Yeah, but I wish that there wasn't so much bad clothing like the yokel hat and clogs. I mean those clothes suck!
(",)

...I...err... loved the Yokel Hat. It was the closest thing to a rice paddie conic hat for my Daichi-equipped, pseudo-Asian swordsman.

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score

I'll wear the same teeshirt for three days if I bloody well want Peter, and stop looking in my windows!

well done sir!

Braindeer

Reaction score
I loved changing my outfit in Fable II...but I hated the dyes. Maybe I'm just a little slow, but it took me forever to realise that you could buy BETTER dyes than the ones you first see in shops (the lower priced ones) - I tried out a couple of the cheaper ones and they didn't do anything - they just turned everything sludge colour! I think I'd completed the whole game before I realised that the more expensive ones were much more effective...!

Also, I hope there's a) more selection clothing-wise, and b) better fitting women's clothes! Those little jackets and skirts the good people of Bowerstone wear do NOT look good on a muscle-bound giant of a woman with dreads and tattoos...!

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
yeah, the best dyes were from knothole.
and most dyes looked the same, or didnt go very well with other dyes.

i have quite a cool look in fable right now (knothole knight armour in gold, but with a blue highrollers coat, and chasm trousers) which i might try to replicate in f3, unless there are more awesome clothes, which there probably will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.