• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible future DLC

Would you buy a DLC that expanded on Aurora and the desert area?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You know what would be even better.
A game in between fable 1 and 2 where if you choose the male hero you play as the original hero's son fighting against the evil controlling the evil heroes ( Queen of Blades anyone?)
Or if you pick the female character you play as Theresa on HER trials

danny simm

Reaction score
Look, the area in aurora does need to be expanded upon in later DLC but i think i talk for many when i say we need some links, the original fable needs to be recognisable in the new Fable 3 DLC so i suggest, This is my opionion
Expand upon aurora
Scythe should return
Now, i fancy beating jack of blades one more time.

Kuld von Reyn

Reaction score
Jack seems to like lurking behind giant gates, so who knows? To add to what Danny said; doing something with the Hook Coast/Witchwood/Knothole Glade islands could also be a good way to tie Fable 3 to Fable 1. They seem to have been more or less forgotten in the 550 years between 1 and 3 - despite being on the map - so there could be a lot of opportunities for Fable 1 references there, even if only ruins remain.

Some sort of colonial/archaeological endeavour in Aurora could also be interesting. Going on/sending out expeditions, funding colonies and trading companies etc. Could make being king/queen a whole lot more interesting than it already is.

danny simm

Reaction score
I agree, Jack should come back, Its made me wonder whats behind that gate,
Also i like the idea of adventuring into unknown aurora discovering links to fable 1

I like the northern wastes, Where are they? Whats happened to them? The oracle of snowspire? The Heroes Guild,
Now thats a plan, The HG could be re discovered? I like the character of scythe, that could lead onto the threat of jack of blades returning, maybe hes been in aurora all along? Rose from Fable 2 was confirmed to be staying with scythe if she was brought back in a far off distant land, So many ideas could come together, Lionhead need to work their socks off for this one,

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
I reckon it'd be nice to have a DLC that involves time travel of some sort. Now, as an evil player, I'm getting sick and tired of the fact that the people who make Fable always seem to assume that the player is a good guy; all the DLCs that I know of either involve quests where you save people or something neutral, and even the main storyline in every Fable game they assume you're good; I feel like an evil warlord helping a cat climb down from a tree.
So, I'd like a DLC that involves going back in time to Oakvale, before Reaver sacrificed the entire town for his own immortality, and actually being the one who corrupts him. This would be justified to good players as Reaver is needed to save the world in Fable 2, so essentially it's still for the greater good, but you may have your own reasons for doing it (ie. for the epic loot, because if you don't then the world will have been destroyed and you'd never have been born, etc etc.)

Also, a DLC that actually allowed you to do something as the king/queen would be nice, some sort of royalty pack. Seriously, there aren't any perks to being king/queen, not even any special side quests! When I became king I expected people other than those essential to the main storyline to come to me with problems, ''bandits are planning an attack on my village, send your guards!'' and all that. I also expected some control over those guys in the armour, you know, my army? What's the point in having guards if they're never needed? It'd be nice if I could have other people do things for me. Also, a clothes making system would be nice in a DLC; as king, surely I should have my own personal tailors?

**SPOILER ALERT**

Also I'd like to see something that gives me a bit more choice, you don't get many choices in Fable 3. You get to choose good or evil, but it never branches out and the most consequence you'll get is the occaisional ''I don't like you'' and maybe less people in the streets. So, perhaps I didn't actually kill that evil darkness creature that possessed Walter? Perhaps walter, still possessed, comes out from his grave. Without Walter's consciousness to battle, it now becomes overwhelmingly powerful to the point of actually being some sort of challenge! A little difficulty would make a nice change in Fable 3. Anyway, it comes to attack you first, but you defeat it. Now, here's the twist; it tells you that Walter's body is weak and yours is strong, and offers to join you. You get the chance to become one being with it, as Walter was in the final battle, and of course this causes considerably more pronounced character morphing than the usual that you'd get in the game, like perhaps the character becomes more deathly pale than is possible simply being evil and has black vains going all around their body (the blackness would be the creature itself, and the fact that the character is so pale could be interpreted as the creature having demolished their humanity to the point where they no longer have blood, perhaps the player died and only their consciousness is left with the creature, and the body is merely a shell now with two hosts? Now, if the player refuses, the creature goes one by one to kill all of the player's friends (or former friends if they rejected promises.) The player must protect or ignore their deaths, and if the player ignores them all, the creature makes the offer again, attacking the player if they again refuse. If the player saved them all, the creature attempts to simply kill the player again. If the player originally agreed to join the creature, then they go on missions at its request to kill their now former friends, though they can of course refuse. If they refuse to kill any friends, the player gets a chance to separate themselves from the creature and fight it.

**SPOILER END**

Oh, and I'd also like to point and laugh hysterically at joslen1's signature thingy telling people not to use 1337speak, and how it says that it uses correct grammar. I know joslen1 didn't write it and I'm just having a bit of fun, I'm not trying to be very offensive (maybe a little to who ever did write it,) but it spelled 'don't' wrong. Simple typo, but when it gets so stressed about people using incorrect english xD

danny simm

Reaction score
But, reading my earlier statement about jack of blades being a character in future DLC,
Lionhead did ruin things a little with fable 3, What if this legend in the fable world and it was a dissappointment?
He would not have any good credibility and a amazing enemy and indeed legend would vanish.

danny simm

Reaction score
But Jack being behind the VP gate really would make sense

Vyan

Reaction score
I would love it if the next DLC was along the lines of that Ransom Locke quest only this time, the hero discovers he too is a fictional literary character in a Book of Fables. It ends with a a child falling asleep and his or her mother or father closing the book.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
I would love it if the next DLC was along the lines of that Ransom Locke quest only this time, the hero discovers he too is a fictional literary character in a Book of Fables. It ends with a a child falling asleep and his or her mother or father closing the book.
Or not...........

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Sorry, I just realized I sounded like an ass when I said that. I disagree though, hopefully we wont have such a huge plot twist.

Kuld von Reyn

Reaction score
I think the main problem of having Jack appear in future DLC would be that it would cheapen his character to the point where he would no longer be a viable choice for main villain in any future game. If he does appear, I am half-expecting him to appear offering cryptic hints about future plot points or something along the lines of that.

And then it turns out that the child falling asleep (etc.) was the start of another fictional story! We need to go deeper!

Vyan

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't trying to be facetious about the franchise or anything as I've been a fan since day one. I just worry that Lionhead are going the wrong direction with their DLC which seems to be more cosmetic based (e.g. dog breeds and clothing) rather than anything that could be accepted as food for thought for fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.