• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[PREVIEW] New Races??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score
[PREVIEW] New Races??

Gamesurf said:
If each of us grew up listening to the dear old fairy tales, Microsoft consoles are undoubtedly "become big" thanks to the saga action-RPG Fable, created by Lionhead studios is nearing its third chapter, since the end of 2010. As it was only logical to expect, everything that our knowledge of Fable 3, officially presented to 'X10, American event dedicated to games arriving on Xbox 360, came filtered through the personality of Peter Molyneux, a brilliant father-master of the game indissoluble tie that all in fun flavors like Syndicate or Populous. Years which are now chasing the good Peter's Utopia: create a game so broad and comprehensive to take on our screens the real feeling of support and empower an experience as close as possible to real life.

A world in constant evolution, behavior and moral choices that will change the perception of our avatars really in the eyes of NPCs, birth, growth, and death, why not give the cue for the beginning of new lives. Although the first two chapters of the saga were undoubtedly two ladies play, prospects and Molyneux's promises have not been able to translate into reality, showing what the good intentions were too futuristic compared to the available technology. On the other hand, the same Peter has never made any secret he had to give up some elements, even to criticize sharply in recent days their work.

What character from "Peter" to be expected outputs and impact statements for effect, now we know perfectly well, but history has taught us that when it comes to visiting appointments mark that count, the leader of Lionhead has always some that something big is brewing. On the site of the development team, several months ago, began what could be described as a campaign approach "viral" where, for a few days have alternated images of the most famous revolutionaries of history, from Robespierre to Che Guevara . While chasing rumors and assumptions, started light silhouetted on the announcement of Fable 3.

The revolution is not a gala dinner
Why so much focus on revolutionary figures? Perhaps a new setting for the saga? Or a new way of conceiving the action-RPG genre? Both, we would say. Fable 3 will take us fifty years ahead of the facts narrated in Fable 2, where the king Logan is undisputed tyrant of the kingdom of Albion. After several abuses and harassment (including but not yet know the details), our protagonist decides to devote himself body and soul in an attempt to overthrow the odious regime. This will launch the new understanding of the role-playing games, according to Molyneux.

What's so original in fighting evil a ruler? Theoretically, nothing seems just one of those stories and views of video games magazines, movies and adventure novels. This time however, it seems that we should not just take a string of missions to advance our history, but we really try to gain the consensus needed to implement the wishes of our revolution. In short, if we want to overthrow the tyrant, we must first succeed in persuading his people to be on our side. To do this we will prove capable of wonderful companies, but we also give back to our charism and our political vein. Molyneux has made it known that we can try to convince people to support us through speeches or promises about how we rule Albion once seized power. A real election campaign where not miss the classic propaganda.

None of this would especially make sense if it were simply an end in itself. Peter has in fact revealed that Fable 3 will be divided into two main departments: the first is one in which we fight to seize power, while the second will be called to handle the difficult but fascinating position of the lords of Albion. Being king is not simply enjoying the wealth and honors, it will find themselves in the complicated situations that require the ability to make the right choice at a crossroads, or at least to take responsibility for their decisions.

Living like a king (or almost)
Once conquered the throne, one might rightly think that he deserved a bit 'of peace and maybe a retirement dream. But this tune in any game, and indeed think, even in real life. So begins the second part of the game, where you take care of the development of your nation by choosing the best way (or what more you aggraderà) to govern. You'll be an enlightened ruler or do you also get the craving for power and become a bloodthirsty tyrant? The promises made during the revolution can not be met, provided to support a heavy loss of popularity by the subjects.

To begin worrying about issues like the budget and justice, even putting aside the dear old raids in search of monsters to take out of the way Obando. Has sparked great interest the announcement inclusion of hearings, where we listen to our citizens that we will pose problems of any kind and we will have to decide according to our opinion. We will put in front of situations where, typically, there are two parties, each with their own truths and their own reasons. We can make decisions quickly, to remove ourselves from the unfortunate position and think back to the good of our kingdom, or if there the conscience dictate, we may choose to travel and seek more precise information on the events occurred so take a right decision and reflexive.

In this case we must put in mind that we will necessarily far from the throne room, leaving our nation with a dangerous power vacuum. This could lead to discontent of the people or other problems, without forgetting our family. Who has already played one of the chapters of Fable will know that you can marry and take his wife (or husband), but this time the implications are more profound. A wife may go too attached to money and advise us to forget the good of our fellow citizens to think about what our coffers with all the consequences (both positive and negative) of the case. The possibility of hearing had already been fairly lax in other titles such as Summoner 2 for PlayStation 2, so we are extremely curious to see how you can enrich in Fable 3.

My body is changing
Behaving bad or good we will see changes in our appearance that are now a hallmark of the series, but even here there will be news. Besides us, Albion will be the same change, according to our policy decisions. Raising taxes in a given region will bring more poverty in its lands, and visitors will find when we go to a poor population and buildings in the process of decay. Exactly the opposite will happen if we leave more money to citizenship which can then improve their living conditions and beautify their homes, but logically we will have less money to spend on ourselves. Do not forget that our kingdom, will be threatened by a neighboring country and we'll be deciding which methods to use to combat it. This will bring a new continent to explore and new races to deal with.

Molyneux, interviewed about it in recent months said that despite the world of management is always one of his greatest loves, Fable 3 will not become anything like it, but will only give players what should be a realistic rendering of consequences of their actions, that is the ultimate role-playing game designed in the traditional way. Of traditional, however, our Peter did not seem to want much. He himself stated that it had embarked on a path that will cut ties with the classic gameplay and could even upset some of the most popular gamer related to the fees. Fable 3 will aim to recreate it immersive an experience as possible, going to remove the HUD, meaning that all the information screen about their health points, trails to follow to solve a mission, and the like. This should eliminate some false patina that would limit the ability of players to dive into the part.

Although we do not have much information about it, the developers have talked about two new components that will determine our relationships with other characters, expressiveness and touch. The first would seem to relate to our behavior and expressions of our character, while the second would be part of real physical contact. To take a simple example, having to save a damsel from a dangerous forest, before we act to gain trust, then take her hand and lead it in a safe place. Only a person who will trust blindly we will have our hands in his life. Much curiosity is therefore placed on these features.

The irons in the fire set by Molyneux is really great, not for nothing that Peter is a master at picking up the hype about its products. There will be a lot more to discover about Fable 3 in the months leading up to its release, such as the use of Project Natal, announced but not yet clear and the possibility d0importare saves the previous chapter, some features are currently unclear. Will this time the famous game designers in our homes to bring the search experience for years? Alongside the excellent premise (and promise) you will need to see real amalgam of all creation, to discover whether the new story will make us dream.

The huge communication skills of Peter Molyneux, as well as undoubted developer, are reflected in the expectations placed in Fable 3. Peter promises and, as usual, it does so in style. A new continent to explore, new races with new gameplay and to relate (including support to Project Natal) are the ingredients that will create the new action-RPG Lionhead. Definitely will be interesting to discover the real impact, but for this we must await the end of this year 2010. In today's world, there is still room for fairy tales?

:D

although i always wanted to see sophisticated Hobbes, with their own town, i think mermaids would be cool :wub:

But i wonder if they mean new ethnicity than race. Would be a let down (bloody translators)

numb3rs

Guilty Pleasure
Reaction score
Re: [PREVIEW] New Races??

i think they do just mean a new ethnicity :(

Ink

The Last Emperor
Reaction score

I hope it is a new ethnicity. I don't want to see a new race of creatures. It just seems so cliché these days.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

They will be blue people. Thats my theory, its probably wrong, but I'm standing by it till proven wrong.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

personally i would like races like elves or something, since aurora isn't an advanced place elves would fit into the style of tribes and hunting & fighting, and being a new race, and not just ethnicity would give reason for war.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

^This.

(Filler)

Holy Warrior

Wizard
Reaction score

I Do think they mean ethnicity, but hey i am always up for one new race i think the most likely candidate would probably as stated before would be elves.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

it could be a prime opportunity to obtain older style primitive weaponry for the player if they choose so.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Dracelix;379319 said:
personally i would like races like elves or something, since aurora isn't an advanced place elves would fit into the style of tribes and hunting & fighting, and being a new race, and not just ethnicity would give reason for war.

No. I don't think elves would really fit in Fable, at least not called 'Elves.' If they were called 'Tree People' that would be OK, or if they were called elves but acted like Na'vi.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

i like it the way it is. elves wouldnt seem fable for me

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I hope they mean ethnicity. This game is sort of based around the industrial revolution. A little late for adding things like Elves. And they are too cliche. Elves are in everything. Elves suck.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

^ EZZACKTLY

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Seems awfully 1900th century to refer to ethnicity as "races" though...

sansebas

Reaction score

As the new continent (aurora) is going te be albiom's middle-east. the new race would likely be arab-like tribes

Ink

The Last Emperor
Reaction score

Skotekal;379404 said:
I hope they mean ethnicity. This game is sort of based around the industrial revolution. A little late for adding things like Elves. And they are too cliche. Elves are in everything. Elves suck.

That's what I meant by my first post, adding a new race would be a terrible idea.

Also Elves don't really work with the Arabian setting of Aurora.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

sansebas;380645 said:
As the new continent (aurora) is going te be albiom's middle-east. the new race would likely be arab-like tribes

I thought Samarkand was Fable's middle east?

Ink

The Last Emperor
Reaction score

HobbeBrain;380745 said:
I thought Samarkand was Fable's middle east?

I imagined Samarkand as somewhere like the caribbean. Don't know if that has any basis in fact, though.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

samarkand seems like africa to me, and aurora seems like an old western style america

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Samarkand is Africa mixed with the Far-East. The weapons are oriental a la the katana, but the people are black like Whisper/Thunder.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

Haaaang on... in the Darkwood Bordello, there's an asian prostitute. So, if Aurora has just been discovered, what's she doing over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.