• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Problem from a while back

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Hello all, not been here in a while,qucik story - I had noticed a 2nd fable novel and decided to give it a read (blood ties...enjoyed O.O.T.B alot better but still not a terrible read), so this give me an itch to give it another go (plus use the dye pack code) and having a look through the achievements I remembered why I'd stopped playing - I encountered a glitch involving General Turner's Diaries, I have collected 4 of the 5 books, but whenever I pick up the final book the progress comes up as 1/5 Dairies collected - even though the previous 4 are sitting on the stand in the prison office? (I posted about this when it first occurred) As I've been out of the loop a while I was hoping to skip the goggling around and ask here if the issues had ever been resolved?

Thanks very much in advance - Marcodian*

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The thing about most of these types of glitches is that most are a one time thing or atleast mostly uncommon.

I've been out of the loop with Fable III for way over a year now, so I honestly have no idea is they're still releasing patches. Though I doubt it. From what I've heard - Lionhead have pretty much blacklisted Fable III.

It's worth a shot, I'd say. Just burn Peter Molyneux's house down instead of mine if you get raged because it happens again when you listened to my advice.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I wont burn any houses down XD - yeh been out of the loop a while too, thought I'd ask again about it knew their was an issue with this, mite have to just leave it lol

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
So I've been doing some thinking (very dangerous thing to do!) lol and was wondering - is there any way I could transfer my save file to pc and open it up on some editor, then locate the achievement progress and change it to 4/5, so when I pick up the final book I'l unlock the achievement? Long shot I know but I've been Google"ing" the problem myself as I've been out of the Fable community myself for a while and came across some mode whereby you take your save file and give yourself lots of gold/guild seals (which you dont need if you actually play the game, I'm sure we all have a few million gold and few hundred seals we have just sitting useless)?

Just wondering if this would work? I'm tempted do another play through but I'm sorta limited on time for gaming recently - I haven't managed to complete skyrim yet and I've had it from day one, onlyhave around 20 hours playtime.

Thanks for the read and apologises for the double post