• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Problem on Launching game!

IreneGR

Reaction score
My friend does not own an internet connection at the place she lives. She cannot launch the game without internet connection. I am sure there must be an offline mode. As she told me it happens the following : Here comes a window with the following options 1. Launch game , 2. Repair-uninstall game, 3. exit.
She hits the first option , Launch game, Agree, and trying to connect.. and then "Try again".
What she should do? It's impossible to get an internet connection these days. Thanks!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
She needs to create an offline player profile on Games for Windows Live I believe. (Instructions Here)

If she doesnt have Windows Live installed then I would suggest downloading it on someone elses computer and putting it on a USB stick and installing it then create an offline profile.

IreneGR

Reaction score
Here you can see.. what happens --> Click for the image!

She says that she's got the Wind. Live installed. And she is stuck on Launch game.. Any clue?

IreneGR

Reaction score
Thanks for helping me.

Well I don't think she have tried because as soon as she press "Launch Game" , the game is trying to connect to the internet and as there's not any connection available, it says "try again". What should she do?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me.

Well I don't think she have tried because as soon as she press "Launch Game" , the game is trying to connect to the internet and as there's not any connection available, it says "try again". What should she do?

You create an offline profile by doing following (taken from another site):

Start up Fable III. Unless prompted before hand, click the "Home" button on your keyboard to be greeted with account management screen. The option were interested here is create a new profile.

Click on "Create New Profile" to be greeted with the choice for either an online or offline profile. For an offline profile obviously click "Create Offline Profile".

You will be asked to enter a nickname with up to 15 characters in it, since this is an offline account you will not need to worry about the name being original.

Once accepted you will have finished the process of creating an account. A confirmation window with the option of customising your profile or joining LIVE will show. Joining Live will basically convert your account from offline to online via a step by step process however obviously ignore this option. Customise your profile does what it says on the tin by basically allowing you to change your gamer pic, motto, location etc to your personal taste.