• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pro's/ con's of good/ evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosherdyl

Reaction score
Pro's/ con's of good/ evil

hi i was wondering if you could tell me some pros and cons of being good and evil.
i would like to know how it affects the game play and the overall fun of the game. (yes i want your opinions)
i would also like to know how your different cities and towns turn out.

(un)Godly Hiroku

Fable 2 Genius
Reaction score
Re: Pro's/ con's of good/ evil

hmmm ill just tell you, give the guard the warrants at the begining of the game, becucz if you give the ramdom guy the warrants then bowerstone old town sux a$$
and give the guy in westcliff the money as well....and hmm, everyone hates you if your evil, so its really hard to get people to follow you, and being good everyone loves you and you can easily get people to follow you, fall in love with you, and **** you
....being evil gives you horn and makes your dog look like a black lab, being good gives you a halo and makes your dog look like a golden retriever...
being bad you can raise the rent prices and make more money, so its good to be some what evil in the begining so you can make some money, but it gets really easy to make money later on, and it depends what you like more: killing people, or screwing people, if you like to kill people, youll have more fun being evil, if you like screwing people, youll have more fun being good.
also if your good then youll be able to get discounts at stores, if your evil they usually make you pay more...

Kosherdyl

Reaction score

thank you.
is it easyer to be good if your a first time fable player?
:ninja:

(un)Godly Hiroku

Fable 2 Genius
Reaction score

um idk not really, id say its easier to be evil becuz you make more money becuz you can raise the rent ( you can do that when your good aswell but it makes you more corrupt, which means it makes you evil...)

Kosherdyl

Reaction score

ummm okay is it one of those games where u can give money to other caracters on the same game. like give money from file 1 to file 2?

Kosherdyl

Reaction score

:( okay well if im brand new to the fable games is good or evil better for me?

MurphysLaw

Reaction score

Personally i played as a good character first time through and i found it more rewarding. It seems to gel better with the storyline (not that the story is particularly great! :p)

But if you're worried about it being hard (don't be, Fable2 is a walk in the park) then go evil - the freedom to steal, be corrupt etc gives you a better opportunity to make money.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Like it was said before, when you get to points where your choice will change the landscape later on in the game, always chose the one that will improve the area (the good choice). This is because the improved areas are far more useful than the degraded ones, even if your evil.

Good pros: people like you, more people will give you gifts, store discounts, you will be more attractive.
Good cons: people will follow you around (basicly stalk you) wherever you go. You get a halo (which to some people looks lame). Your dog will become light in color (only a problem if you like your dog to be darker). You will earn less gold im most cases.

Evil pros: breaking things and killing people is fun, so enjoy your frequent town genocides. earn more money in most cases. Store discounts through fear.
Evil cons: people will constantly run away from you, which is really annoying when your trying to talk to a shopkeeper. Most people will not love you. You will be unnattractive (this can be fixed through clothing/makeup/purity ect. but your evilness will still subtract from your attractiveness.)

Its probably worth mentioning purity and corruuption too.

Purity pros: attractive, clear skin, well liked
Purity cons: make less money on rent

Corruption pros: make more money on rent.
Corruption cons: fat, ugly, hated

A lot of the pros and cons are mostly opinion. I heavily lean tward purity, and usually tward goodness. I recamend playing as pure/good or pure/evil. But thats just because I don't like the affects of corruption. A corrupt/good character will be extreamly ugly and not very liked. A corrupt/evil combo goes together a bit better, as you get horns and look rather cool, rather than just fat and ugly. But when I play evil I still go with purity because it does not give you horns, and your skin stays clear and goes pale and looks rather sinister, rather than just demonic. But thats just me.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

good = every one likes you and you get gifts more often, its easy to find a wife/husband and stores give you discounts all the time

evil = people run a way from you all the time, constant screaming, you can always kill people for the gifts they have, harder to find good idems if you have a crappy oakfield,bowerstone old town and westclif (but nice tattoos in westcliff and old town)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Personally, I enjoy playing as a good character, but only because I'm a goody goody.

And being good or bad doesn't really make it easier or harder, but it does effect the flavour of the game.

For instance, if you were to play as a good character and help out all the towns, improve their economies, etc, then you'll find everything is brighter, and the people are generally happier. If you play as bad, you'll find that the towns become desolate slums with little guard control. It all depends on preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.