• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Prove me right.

Is Hosana a dirty spambot?

• Hells yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way jose!

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Prove me right.

I've recently been arguing with JD about something completely pointless, and I've decided to take my pettiness to a new level.

Who thinks Hosana is a spambot?

http://forums.projectego.net/internet-conncection-problems-8860/

Note:

1. The blatant advertisement. May I also draw your attention to the lack of any kind of personal conversation within the post. Easily a blanket message to post wherever it can.
  2. The completely bare profile.
  3. The single post. It has not returned to place further comment.
  4. The necro'd post. Typical of a spambot to ignore timestamps. Not unique to the spambot MO, but typical.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
Re: Prove me right.

Your logic is sound, and John Doe did some research that would seem to prove it.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

I don't think it was a spambot, but she only joined to advertise that website.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

If nothing else, he's a living spambot.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Maybe not a spam-bot, but in my opinion most likely a Human Advertiser.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

^In his defense, I think he missed that part. This doesnt seem structured that way.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

We've had spambots before in the past who appeared human, but were not.

By the way, Arseface... :noexpression: This is an April Fool's joke, right?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I don't know, I was just a little annoyed that JD was so adamant about Hosana being a human, so I decided to be reeeeeally petty about it and have a poll.

And in my defense, I made this thread after (after I noticed, anyway) JD's addendum conceding the argument. This thread should probably be buried in a deep deep hole (as in closed).

Dimitri Chaplain

The Headhunter
Reaction score

JohnDoe;374739 said:
Really, just think about it - what if Hosana had been a human? You'd have been embarrassed because you hadn't made sure to an absolute certainty that Hosana was a spam bot and it would have come back to bite you in the arse had Hosana posted again with a "wtf, I'm human."

That would be hilarious.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;374739 said:
I think you misunderstand. I don't want you saying that I conceded the argument because I still stand by what I said, what I conceded to was that Hosana was a spam bot.

My argument was not whether or not Hosana was human but whether or not anyone should call someone a spam bot without knowing for certain, and I was not adamant in the belief that Hosana was a human but adamant in the belief that there was no way of knowing at the time.

Really, just think about it - what if Hosana had been a human? You'd have been embarrassed because you hadn't made sure to an absolute certainty that Hosana was a spam bot and it would have come back to bite you in the arse had Hosana posted again with a "wtf, I'm human."

But I was as certain as one can be (no one can know anything for certain) because as far as I was concerned, all the evidence either a) supported Hosana being a spam bot or b) didn't support Hosana being a spambot. Nothing at all supported Hosana being a human. It turns out I was correct anyway, so none of this really matters. Not like mattered anyway, but still.

Dimitri Chaplain

The Headhunter
Reaction score

Arseface;374774 said:
But I was as certain as one can be (no one can know anything for certain) because as far as I was concerned, all the evidence either a) supported Hosana being a spam bot or b) didn't support Hosana being a spambot. Nothing at all supported Hosana being a human. It turns out I was correct anyway, so none of this really matters. Not like mattered anyway, but still.

I have to disagree here. If Hosana was not a spam bot then I am sure he/she would come back laughing. Also Hosana is spelt wrong.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Umm... Well... This certainly went bad. I'm sorry for ****ing you off, John. At the time I didn't realise I was arguing a different argument, and being annoyingly persistent and petty about it. I could put it down to a number of excuses, but that would make me sound even more petty. I would try to keep arguing - the right points, this time - but that would make me sound even more petty than that. Again, I'm sorry for angering you... I don't really know what to say. It seem's I've put my foot in it pretty bad.