• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS2 save games will work on PS3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
PS2 save games will work on PS3...

According to a Sony report recently, although Sony states that a memory card adaptor will be required to transfer data to PS3 as the old memory cards wont be physically compatible with the PS3.

Sony has confirmed in an official FAQ that punters will be able to stick old PS2 game saves (and, it appears, PSone game saves too) onto the next-gen console.

Sony says: "To use saved data on a PlayStation 2 memory card, you must copy the data onto a virtual memory card within the hard disk. This requires a PS2/PSone memory card adaptor to copy the data to your PLAYSTATION 3. A memory card adaptor is designed to edit, up/download game saves to and from EMS flash card or smart media card."

An interesting development i must say..... more news as it is released!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: PS2 save games will work on PS3...

That's good news, but would be better if you didn't have to buy that adaptor thingy-magijjig. However, I do wonder...PS1 games works with the PS2 system...but will they work with PS3...? I hope so, because I love my old PS1 games!
:wub:​

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: PS2 save games will work on PS3...

Tsuyu;19866 said:
That's good news, but would be better if you didn't have to buy that adaptor thingy-magijjig. However, I do wonder...PS1 games works with the PS2 system...but will they work with PS3...? I hope so, because I love my old PS1 games!
:wub:​

The reason you would need the adapter is becuase the PS2 memory cards simply wouldnt fit into the PS3. Im unsure about the whole PS1 issue though but will post more when i know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.