• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Purchased furniture - where's it gone/how to place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieOh

Reaction score
I just started playing Fable III last night, on PC (no experience with previous versions). I bought a tiny little house in the village, went to the furniture store, and bought a Hat Tree and a Small Rug. Now I can't get them into the house. I go into Redecorate mode, press E to swap the Small Worn Rug at the door, and it tells me I have no appropriate items to swap in that spot. Same with trying to put the Hat Tree in place of any piece of furniture. The Swap menu comes up, but it just says I have no appropriate items. Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit: OK, I found some spots where the Hat Tree will go - I guess furniture swaps only within categories. Still can't swap a better rug for the worn one at the door. I've also found a painting in a chest somewhere, but can't figure out how to get it on the wall. Do I need a house with another painting already there, and swap it?

Cakelynn

Reaction score
Right, some rugs still won't go in place of other rugs; it generally is based on the size or shape. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost 100% sure that at this point there is no place you can hang a painting freely. You swap your paintings with paintings already hanging in a house; not all houses have these.

JulieOh

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the replies! I'm up to 4 houses now - still no place for my Small Rug, but I've got the other pieces pretty much sorted. I appreciate the help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.