• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question about transfering weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
I'm currently still trying to max out my main game. If i ever want to collect all 50 weapons then i'll have to create a new profile and collect weapons on that character, then trade them over to my main one.

My question is what will happen to the abilities of the weapon. I currently have a maxed out bonesmasher gun. If i trade that to another profile will i have to redo the challanges?

iamorion

Reaction score
I transferred a bunch of weapons to my sons account, along with gold and a few other items, and then had him transfer them back to my new game (I started over because I missed some stuff early in the game). All of the abilities were still on there but I could not get the weapons until after I had finished the first part of the quest for Sabine, bringing him the music box.

However, some of the weapons could not be transferred over and I don't know why. I might give it a try again tomorrow.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
If the save you're sending them to has never had that weapon then yes it will keep the augments it has, if the save you're sending them to has had that weapon then it will have the augments it used to have.e.g you have a weapon with no augments (on let's call it save 1) and you give it to a save (2) that used to have that weapon with all three augments then it will have those augments. And if you transfered it from save 1 to a new save (3) then save 3 will get the weapon with no augments, but if you transferred it from save 2 to save 3 before doing that then save three would get the weapon with all three augments. Sorry it's a little complicated and that probably wasn't the best explanation, and it might even have been a glitch that was fixed with the patch

Quentin Locke

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Also all the DLC weapons are non tradeable, so that's the ones you describe in your first post.

At what atlantiantokra states is correct.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
DLC = downloadable content right?

I don't have Xbox Live so i just thought i'd play the game a couple of times on different profiles on my own, then transfer all the different weapons to my main profile. Are you saying some of those 50 weapons aren't obtainable if you don't have Xbox Live?

OwNzOr

Reaction score
I transferred a bunch of weapons to my sons account, along with gold and a few other items, and then had him transfer them back to my new game (I started over because I missed some stuff early in the game). All of the abilities were still on there but I could not get the weapons until after I had finished the first part of the quest for Sabine, bringing him the music box.

However, some of the weapons could not be transferred over and I don't know why. I might give it a try again tomorrow.

Mind telling me what the weapons that you couldn't transfer were? And also what is the 'stuff' that you missed early in your game? Just so i don't make the same mistakes :).

iamorion

Reaction score
I'll hop on the x-box tonight and check the weapon names but there are quest that get stuck in limbo if you don't do them before going to Aurora. Actually I think it might be sooner but after becoming king if I try to do them I get no glowy trail. Since I need a lot more guild seals to get the remaining chest, the last ones are 100 seals each, I wanted a do over to get maximum seals.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
Ok i'm still not getting it.

What exatly is DLC? And if it's downloadable content, how do i download it?

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
WAIT A MINUTE! I thought that if you create a new game (the one room where there's diffrent games) I tought that you just need to have the 50 weapons in the same xbox profile not an individual game/save?

And OwNzOr, DLC is DownLoadabe Content. And think them as extras stuff, It doesnt count to anything, it's just for your pleasure. They do have some DLC's that will have a new region, quest, etc.(Understone) but usually its just goodies that you can buy and download and use.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
WAIT A MINUTE! I thought that if you create a new game (the one room where there's diffrent games) I tought that you just need to have the 50 weapons in the same xbox profile not an individual game/save?
well I needed them on the same save
also it might as well be said here (it probably going to be asked in a few posts anyway), you can't buy every dlc over live, the preorder bonus dlcs must be obtained off other people who got the code for them but didn't use it

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
So just for the record, to get the achievement with the 50 ledgenary weapons, do you or do you not have to have all the weapons in a single file???

Status
Not open for further replies.