• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quite frustrated abt certain quests and questions abt the game, plz help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
I have been frustrated with this game since day one. I really need some questions answered. :(

~I searched the net high & low for any info on quests that dissapear after going to Aroura and everything I read stated nothing would disapear. Horse balls, *everything* disapeared! Will I ever be able to get to certain unlocked towns or do certain quests?

~Secondly, on the "animal liberation" quest, I have done everything I can here. I have seen a LOT of ppl w/the same issue .. they get the key from the woman that opens the doors in industrial (no light trail to lead me there, just lucky guess and persistence on MY part) fought bandits and tried to pull a lever that never gave me a promt. I doubt I'll ever get this quest complete and get the gnome inside (which btw, I never DID select the "gnomes are evil!" quests, so I doubt I ever HAVE the ability to find gnomes now ..

~Third, what is this malarkey ... I cannot have more than ONE hero game per xbox profile?! Seriously?

~Fourth .. where are the lesbians?! Everyone is straight!

~fifth ... my sunset house is not glowing anymore, it in fact isnt even there anymore. It looks like it was torn down?

What now, start over and lose over 20 hrs of gameplay? I usually play through twice, once as good, second on evil .. but crap, I might have to play this game THREE times now? Please someone alleviate my Fable pains.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
I know you can have more than one hero per profile...simply select New Game. Your heroes will both be safe and you access them via the Game Management screen. The rest I don't know...sucks I guess :\

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Fifth. Is it daytime? The sunset house goes away during the day.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Fourth one, did you try killing/leading people to be killed and waiting for respawn? In fable 2 I wanted to marry a rich good looking lesbian at one point and I just kept leading people to get killed by mercs untill one spawned.

First one, what point are you currently at in the game? Certain quests lock at certain points in the game and unlock later.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
The first time you go to Aurora, you are unable to do anything else until you complete that section of the game. You are there for about an hour or so, then the game opens back again. Your just locked into the story for that section.

Not familiar with the second issue, as its worked fine for me.

You can have multiple heros. Just go to sanctuary, game options and select new hero. It starts a new game. It will always start up on the last played hero but you can access the others through the load game feature in the sanctuary.

The house is only there at night. During the day it is ruins, at least until you complete a hidden quest in the area. Unless you already have. That would be odd I think, altohugh its possible even then its only accessable at night, but i'm not certain

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
I would like to personally thank everyone who replied, and extra thanks for being so quick! I will answer your questions in the order of the posts ..

~Thanks for informing me how to have a separate game, whenever the game loads it simply asks me to press "start" and that automatically loads my one game, so I didn't know how to start another game without deleting my first.

~Thanks for the info abt the house, I got that taken care of now ;)

~Yes, in fable 1 & 2, it was easy to find a woman to marry, particularly if u did the whole "leading them to be killed" to have more re-spawn. however, in this game there's no way to know if any female is gay/straight unless u interract with them (so I have heard). I have interracted with dozens of females all over the globe, none have provided me with a relationship quest that leads to a marriage or anything other than "friendship/best friendship". :/

~As far as Ive researched (which is quite a bit) my quests SHOULD still be avail after going to Aurora and becoming queen, but they simply are not there. I remember seeing quest names like "the gnomes are evil!" and "hobbnobbing with hobbes" and many others I cant recall, but they're not listed. The only quests I can choose from my map now that I am queen are the main quest ones (Currently I am supposed to meet paige in the sewers), Animal liberation, and a buttload of silly relationship quests where I run around like a dork.

Like I said before, I have searched a LOT online abt the animal liberation quest and I have noticed a LOT of ppl have this glitch! It makes me feel better knowing that Im not alone here, but I wonder if they will patch this up, or if it will still be glitched out if I re-start? I guess I'll figure it out.

I also don't know if I will ever be able to make it to Driftwood. I remember paying a man $75 in Millifield and I read that after some time u can go back to that man and there will be a bridge, but I'm running around all over and cant find it.

Undying Indigo

Reaction score
The bridge is in Millfields. If you ever played Fable 2, in that game it's the bridge leading into the gypsy camp. If you paid to have the bridge restored in Fable 3, come back to it later and it will be rebuilt, or at least that's what happened for me. Cross that bridge and head through the ruins of the gypsy camp to get to Driftwood.

Jamin

Reaction score
also if you interact with women just hit i believe its RT to bring up info about them there are not many lesbian women but it should give you information about them saying lesbian straight or bi. and hey your animal liberation glitch could be worse i have my 2nd hero save that cant do anything except walk in a little section it glitched at the end of the quest "the game" cant finish it or leave it. sucks balls...giant sweaty diseased monkey balls..

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's odd about the quests...

One thing some people try is to continue with the quests they have available right now and sometimes old/lost quests pop up again. Get some of your relationship ones out of the way with and see if that helps at all?

metacarpi

Reaction score
With regards to your quests disappearing:

When you become King/Queen, certain of the event syou must do lock you into them. If I remember rightly, the one's where you should be able to go about your side questing are the Auroran Diamond one, and the Lost Statue one.

Even if you can't do them then, they all become available once you have "completed" the game, so don't sweat it on that front!

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
Thank you so much, guys. I FINALLY figured out what to do about the "Animal Liberation" quest. I wish all those poor souls I saw across the net could read this because I know it would help them, but maybe this thread would turn up in a search if they tried. Anyways ...

After becoming queen and my quests came back (THANK god!) I tried it again. Nothing. Oddly enough, I went to activate the "gnomes are evil" quest, and suddenly the area around the Industrial Bowerstone gave me the light trail when set to this quest, and not only that .. it finally gave me the "A" button prompt to get into the damn door! ~phew~ I have no idea if it was becoming queen and waiting, activating the gnomes, or Lionhead patching up glitches .. but it's fixed after about 20 different attempts.

~@sh

ken2012

Reaction score
Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten.Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable.

BlackShuck063

If it bleeds, we can kill it...
Reaction score
to st
I would like to personally thank everyone who replied, and extra thanks for being so quick! I will answer your questions in the order of the posts ..

~Thanks for informing me how to have a separate game, whenever the game loads it simply asks me to press "start" and that automatically loads my one game, so I didn't know how to start another game without deleting my first.

~Thanks for the info abt the house, I got that taken care of now ;)

~Yes, in fable 1 & 2, it was easy to find a woman to marry, particularly if u did the whole "leading them to be killed" to have more re-spawn. however, in this game there's no way to know if any female is gay/straight unless u interract with them (so I have heard). I have interracted with dozens of females all over the globe, none have provided me with a relationship quest that leads to a marriage or anything other than "friendship/best friendship". :/

~As far as Ive researched (which is quite a bit) my quests SHOULD still be avail after going to Aurora and becoming queen, but they simply are not there. I remember seeing quest names like "the gnomes are evil!" and "hobbnobbing with hobbes" and many others I cant recall, but they're not listed. The only quests I can choose from my map now that I am queen are the main quest ones (Currently I am supposed to meet paige in the sewers), Animal liberation, and a buttload of silly relationship quests where I run around like a dork.

Like I said before, I have searched a LOT online abt the animal liberation quest and I have noticed a LOT of ppl have this glitch! It makes me feel better knowing that Im not alone here, but I wonder if they will patch this up, or if it will still be glitched out if I re-start? I guess I'll figure it out.

I also don't know if I will ever be able to make it to Driftwood. I remember paying a man $75 in Millifield and I read that after some time u can go back to that man and there will be a bridge, but I'm running around all over and cant find it.
to start a new game go to the cogs on the wall in your sanctuary and go to game management. click on new game. whenever you want to go back to your old game go to the same spot in your sanctuary and click on game management and then go to LOAD and then you will go into a room where the characters you have started will be standing, and just simply click a on the one you want to go with. your other character will not delete and you can switch at anytime. you can have up to five characters in this one room.

Status
Not open for further replies.