• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Random corruption on my pure character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Random corruption on my pure character?

I've googled this one to death and I think I finally have to buckle down and ask for guidance.

I was attempting a 0 evil 0 corruption max pure max good character however after having to break someones door down for a bounty that idea all went to pot. But the strangest thing is that I noticed I'm getting corruption. I only know of the conventional ways of getting corruption and I wonder if perhaps I'm doing one inadvertently.

All my property is reduced in price some down to 100% off. I've never eaten anything that makes you corrupt, never killed any woodland critters and never had extramarital sex. I've just rechecked all my property for the third time and still nothing. The weird thing is my corruption goes up at the same rate as my purity.

One minute it was 118 corruption to my 1118 purity and the next it was 132 corruption to my 1132 purity.

Anyone know what to do?

Dogmeat_17

vulgerthrust
Reaction score
Re: Random corruption on my pure character?

sounds like you have a glitch on your hands. well, what i would do is see if doing the reverse will give you purity. like doing or eating something that makes you more corrupt, and increase your purity instead.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Good idea! Well I tried this and unfortunately it just increased my corruption. But I appreciate the idea. I did however learn that the cap seems permanent. I have 1015 points in good and 15 points in evil which if you subtract evil from good leaves you with 1000, the same is true of my corruption. Perhaps 1000 is the highest you can go and 'highest purity reached' is more like a collective of all purity attained. This number only seems to increase when you go a little corrupt then go pure again. So ultimately it's useless.

Thanks for trying, I may just have a glitch.

Edit : unconfirmed corruption?

Would anyone know if you gain corruption by owning and living in a house but having a marital house elsewhere?

I owned the nice house as my marital home, thags house was being rented out but no one was living there. I sold thags house and my corruption stopped going up.

Swiff

Reaction score

Hmm, perhaps there was a glitch that caused the game to misinterpret your other house as also being a marital home, thus labeling you a polygamist until you sold it.

This is all just speculation, mind you, but stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.