• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RDR: What the **** is with ending?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
RDR: What the **** is with ending?

Okay, I'm ****ing ****ED. This ending is... is... F***, I'll put it in spoilers.

Okay, so basically, you get you family back, blah blah, and you do some work around your ranch, save your kid from a bear, whatever. And then the ending comes. You fight the US Army and protect your family, and then at the end, you are in a barn, and you peek to see a ****load of men, guns pointed at the door. You breathe heavily for a few second and push it open. Then you go into Deadeye and start painting targets, and while you are doing this, you know you are ****ed. So you paint x's on as many targets as you can, and then it runs out, and then, well, you shoot a few and then they unload on you at the same time. I was hoping for a miracle, like Bonnie to come and save you again. But no. You sit they, barely able to stand, trying to breath through all the gunk in your throat, and then you fall over dead. Bad guys win. Then control switches over to your son Jack, and you hear the shots and ride back to find your father dead. Then at the end, you are at John's grave and it becomes old. You see a grown man, and you just know it is your son, and it zooms out a bit to show your mothers grave right beside John's. And your can freeroam from here. I wanted to kill someone. Gripping, emotional ending like I expected from Rockstar after GTA IV, and they delivered it. But they could have done it without MARSTON ****ING DYING! Why not... Your family dies, then you hook with Bonnie. You KNOW she wants you. But I suppose most people aren't really hooked onto any other characters but your own, so they knew it would do this to you. GODDAMNIT IT MAKES ME RAAAGE.

Rage with me Diablo, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEGEEEEEEE

And yes, I basically gave away the ending. So don't read unless you don't care, or you have beat the game. Possibly the best and worse ending at the same time, ever. I'm going to go ahead and get 100% completion and then beat the game until the last mission again, and NEVER beat the last mission.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Re: RDR: What the **** is with ending?

WHAT THE HELL

THAT IS JUST ****ING STUPID AS HELL

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Did you read it Daemon? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!11!11111!!!!!!!1!!!!1!1!!!!1!

And the last stranger mission was unsatisfactory. Replace kill with torture and that would leave it satisfactory.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Of course I did.

I am now raging.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I almost clicked the spoiler.

I haven't done much of the story, so I can't say anything about it myself but the game is too amazing for me to dislike it.

The Borderlands ending put me off the game entirely. Haven't played it since I finished it, I just hope RDR doesn't have the same effect.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh no, its not THAT bad, it is good, but, just... Ah, you have to complete it. Anything I say would be a spoiler.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yes, I did like it, but...

I don't want to be his son Jack, I want to be John and still have his kid Jack and his wife Abi at the ranch doing their business. Oh well. :(

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Here's an idea:

A DLC that changes Jack back to John. Like an outfit, or a skin.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Not the same though, you know John is dead. You see the army blast like a bajillion shots into him. Epic last stand. EPIC. But... You die... And Ross wins... But only for a few years. You get a stranger task in Blackwater and the track him down and duel his ass. I wanted to lasso him and drag him down the railroad. Or put in front of a train while hogtied.

Phew! That was close, almost forgot to spoiler it!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

62726688.jpg

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Put that in a spoiler ;o

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I didn't read the spoiler, but I take it that this is another one of those ****ing games that doesn't let you continue playing after you beat it (yet is a ****ing free-roam!!!)? I haven't beaten the game yet, in fact I'm still near the beginning, so I will keep that in mind.

I'm really not to impressed with this game, especially since the controls are to much like GTA's (which I hate). Also, I really hate the "random" event where
a gang rides into town on horseback and starts shooting everyone.
That one has happened to me three times already, and I haven't even played very long. They always show up at the most inconvenient time, like when I was in a shop trading supplies, another time I was in the middle of the road and they gunned me down before I could really react, much less take cover. Gawdamit, towns should be a neutral zone where **** like that won't happen. I'm in the town to either; save my progress, sell/buy stuff, look for missions, or just take it easy. If I was in the mood to fight, I would be out roaming around. Which brings me to another big issue of mine, having to go to bed/set up camp to save. God ****ing damnit! It just so happens that I have a life outside of the game and just might need to quit from time to time at a moments notice. Special save points, I ****ing hate games that do that.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh, you do continue to freeroam when the game is over. I just didn't like how they did it.

Azer249

Reaction score

I sorta liked the ending was someting i didnt expect.

BUT i dont think thats the real ending read on if your willing to
later on when you go back to black water at the trainsation theres a stranger mission were you going and kill the person who killed your dad. The rest is yours to find out :D

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah I did that, but I wouldn't call it the ending though. Kind of just an epilogue.

But now that I've cleared my head of the ragezorz, it is probably the best story in a game I've played. Ending included. You don't expect it completely, and you think there is going to be a miracle, but no.

Azer249

Reaction score

YEP! i loved the endng and the last epilouge

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I know I'm late on this, but I was busy with challenges online and in story and doing other stuff...but I finally beat the ending.

When the last mission said "The Last Enemy that must be Destroyed", I thought that it meant we're killing him, but it turns out I'm the last enemy that needs to be destroyed.

I kind of saw it coming though because one of the first missions you do with Jack, he's reading by the tree and he talks to you about a son that must avenge his father's death in a book he's reading.

I would've liked to do a couple of missions as Jack though, not just stranger tasks. And I'm trying to debate whether I want Rockstar to work on the next GTA or sequel to RDR where I could really play as Jack, talk to some of my dad's old friends like Reyes or Bonnie; do some real missions.

Skotekal;390136 said:
Yeah I did that, but I wouldn't call it the ending though. Kind of just an epilogue.

But now that I've cleared my head of the ragezorz, it is probably the best story in a game I've played. Ending included. You don't expect it completely, and you think there is going to be a miracle, but no.

Quick question, does the asshole explain why he killed John during the stranger task? (Please don't give me the explanation, just say yes or no :))

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

@Evan: No.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Oh, well then why do you think he did it? :)

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Because Rockstar wanted that.