• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Realism: Good or Bad?

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
When it comes to gaming, I mainly play video games because I like to do things virtually that I am not capable of in real life.

I like to escape, if you will.

The original Fable was, to me, an ideal form of this.

Does anyone besides me feel that the Fable franchise is getting too realistic?

Think about it.

If you got married in the original Fable, your wife would only leave you if you were abusive.
In Fable II, you have to visit her regularly or she will divorce you. Also, in Fable I you didn't have to worry about your weight, or get a job to make money. Thoughts?

nerdtacular

krazy n3rd
Reaction score
I think the wife thing was stupid. I liked the jobs though. They were an easy way to get good gold at the very beginning. And in Fable 1, you could get fat, but you could also run that fat off. For some reason you can't do that in 2 or 3, which takes away some realism. I think also they skipped too far ahead between 1 and 2. I would've liked another Fable game with longbows and armor.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The question is obvious:

Are you playing a simulator or not?

nerdtacular

krazy n3rd
Reaction score
I was under the impression Fable series was RPG/action ...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Indeed. A fantasy themed one at that. So I don't expect, nor demand, a lot of realism from it.

nerdtacular

krazy n3rd
Reaction score
Yeah, same here. But I do expect some realism. I mean, I don't want to godmode everything (tho the games are so easy you might as well).