• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

reasons 2 bring back armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegoldbarracuda

Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Re: reasons 2 bring back armor

... Although armor may seem clunky in this era, I don't mind if they feature armor or not.^_^

Knifeboy

Reaction score

I hate the idea of modern armour although I do like the idea of perhaps a chest plate. I also like the idea of ceremony armour that would look very grand but still does s*** all (or perhaps they could make armour that would only effect melee attacks, but that might be getting a little complicated)

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

You know, I cannot argue with his logic though.

Mad Money Z

If I was a penguin...
Reaction score

Ninjas may keel pirates... But... The spartan kills everything else ^_^

COME ONE PEOPLE!!! Magically infused armor!! You gotta be kidding! This is the best idea i think i have ever had! and still...... no one likes it! It makes perfect sense. Augments that can be used on armor to make it stronger? Its like that weird thing on Fable II where it said.... uhh.... something about clothing when you went to put augments on weapons. Just like that!

o_O

Zebinia

Kuahana
Reaction score

So, this is a game with magical power, werewolves and trolls and all sorts of mythical creatures. Featuring weapons that morph depending on how the person using them behaves within this world. All of these things are going to be in the game, and people are nit picking about the realism of having armor or not?
I think armor would be fine and upon looking through screen shots it looks as though this game will feature armor. If you dont want to use it no one is forcing you, it definitely doesn't seem to be overly prominent in any screen shots I've seen, just on a few guards but it still looked historically accurate to the time period.
Also to debunk the entire, "Guns make armor obsolete" argument, a lot of the creatures within this game don't use guns. I've never seen a balverine or troll wielding a gun before, and as far as I know the hollow men don't use them either (I could be wrong about that).
Within this game armor makes a lot of sense, will my character use it? Definitely not, but I don't think it should be taken out of the game for people who do want to use it just because some say it's historically inaccurate.
Also, if you watch Deadliest Warrior, they did an episode about a Knight vs. Pirate and the only firearm that could pierce the Knights armor was the blunderbuss.

darkblossom

rukia kuchiki
Reaction score

armour did look cool and defence fable 2 had just clothes there should be some sort of armour light or something padded that gives defence

Status
Not open for further replies.