• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reaver concept art?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score
Re: Reaver concept art?

Yuppers, that is Reaver to a....well... errr... 'R' at 0:45. Without a doubt he has also made a heck lot more money.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

Sorry. I don't think so. Unless they completely changed what he looks like, I don't think it's him. Reaver had a smaller chin/head. That guy's head is kind of Frankenstein-like.

The hair is kind of similar, but I think Reaver's was fuller (and I doubt he'd lose any on account of his "deal") and had a little blonde kind of stripe on the side. I can definitely see why you would think it though.

Shadowtree

Reaction score

POOP;410673 said:
Sorry. I don't think so. Unless they completely changed what he looks like, I don't think it's him. Reaver had a smaller chin/head. That guy's head is kind of Frankenstein-like.

The hair is kind of similar, but I think Reaver's was fuller (and I doubt he'd lose any on account of his "deal") and had a little blonde kind of stripe on the side. I can definitely see why you would think it though.

But...but... he even has the Beauty mark like in the last game! oh come on! thats TOTALLY him, except in a fur coat... :p
Oh well, I guess we'll find out when the game is released. But if im right then you owe me a cupcake! chocolate preferably....

Arainai

Reaction score

Lol, yeah, a cupcake!:p

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

I was too busy lol'ing at the two retards arguing in the comments...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I doubt it. Honestly I only think his hair looks similar. His face, not so much. I know someone's facial features will most likely be somewhat different in concept art, but they already know exactly what Reaver looks like. They wouldn't be doing any concept art for him anyway.

Reaction score

It may be Him, the hairs similar, but the face...doesn't really resemble Reaver's.

dunderri

Reaction score

It could work both ways!

Overan

Reaction score

I think it is him, I mean the effects of his arrangement is based on the youth of the victim right? so possibly he could not find a very young person and the effect added ten years maybe, you get the idea.

Also he could have dyed his hair the black you see in the "concept art"

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Hmmmm. Who knows. That could be him, and it might not be. His hair and excentricity match Reaver pretty well. . . And so does the mole.
But I have to agree, the facial shape is really off. Maybe it was just a conceptual for some slight changes, like costume and hair. Or something. :p If they change his facial shape a little, I really wont mind. It's a pretty big graphic difference, so I'd say some minor redesigns aren't totally for the worse.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

Maybe it's one of those cartoony concept art

Cain

Reaction score

I agree with why they would need concept art for him. Just make his character model look more smoother and thats done. I was more interested with your characters jacket. As well as being a reference to Sharpe, its got a corporal insignia. Maybe some time in the army for the first half?

Overall I think thats concept art for one of albions pompous nobility.

Shadowtree

Reaction score

White Knight;410764 said:
I agree with why they would need concept art for him. Just make his character model look more smoother and thats done. I was more interested with your characters jacket. As well as being a reference to Sharpe, its got a corporal insignia. Maybe some time in the army for the first half?

Overall I think thats concept art for one of albions pompous nobility.

Well the game does take place 50yrs later right? And Reaver seems to like being in fashion... I mean theyd have to re-draw him just for the new clothes. Plus alot of times with better graphics on a new game, game designers often update the details of the old character's facial features.
Plus since alot of us seem to care about having reaver in the game they have reason to draw him just to give us a little taste of information. Thats why they put that same clip of reaver being "drawn" in a lionhead developers diary.

Then again I could be wrong... :unsure: But if i turn out to be right that would be kinda funny... well at least for me. :cool:

The Midnight Avenger

He Who Wears White Addidas
Reaction score

Definitely Reaver, but who knows for sure. If only we can take a sneak peak at that character card deck in the CE.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

He wont look much different from 2 since he doesn't age.

I'm not sure if that's him or not.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

well, the lower half of the image seems to be a double of him, so i think it will be on the collector playing cards deck released with the collectors edition of the game, like how in normal card decks the king queen & jack have doubles.

the description of the deck says:
“Fable III” playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in “Fable III,” including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.

that might either mean each card represents an important character from the game, or each card represent a type of character from the game.

personally i hope that it isnt reaver, if he will have the same facial structure from that image.
from what i remember, his skin was smooth and perfect in fable 2, so why would 50 years change it if he is hundreds of years old and looked perfect.

i could only imagine that it could be explained by him breaking his deal with the shadow court and now starting to age over time.
although, if he owns an industry in a dickens style labour, i wouldn't imagine him covered in such fancy clothing unless lionhead want him to be a disney sort of baddy.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

I'm going to say a tentative yes due to the birthmark...

But in Fable 2 Reaver's hair swept the other way, and was grayer. He also didn't have a huge chin- but that could simply be the style of the art.

On that note- as Dracelix said- I think that art is for the Fable 3 playing cards. (although yes, it could be concept art as well).

Reaction score

It's probably Reaver, the fact that his hair is brown and changed doesn't really matter they probably just had him change his look in the 3rd game so that he can 1.) stay in style and 2.)So nobody would recognize him and realize that this guy hasn't changed in 50 years plus the graphics are probably different so they changed his looks accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.