• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reaver is obviously the Hero of Oakvale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destro23

Reaction score
Re: Reaver is obviously the Hero of Oakvale

that's a pretty bony accusation. please be a little more specific.

i like to think some people might enjoy this thread. i may not be correct, but that possibility doesn't make me incorrect in the speculation i painted this thread with. i tried to backed it up with some great info from the games and i think i did a nice job of fairly presenting the facts. i really believe all these little hints are on to something being absent from the story.

nobody said scythe was the Archon in fable I, do you know how many fans laid a trouser slug when they found out about scythe during fable II's release? He was THE guy everyone was looking for in Fable I, he was the history, the legend. And he even returned in a note in fable ii, but nobody at lionhead even confirmed this wasn't jack until near the release of fable III.

I think its possible I'm right.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, it's entirely possible that you are right. I just think, that based on the evidence you provided, and the sentiment felt towards Reaver by the vast majority of Fable fans, that it is very, very unlikely.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

No no no no no no NO! There is no way the hero of Oakvale ended up like that. It's bad enough that all heroes share a bloodline, I don't need Reaver to be my Fable 2 character's great great great great grandfather. A very distant cousin I can live with, but not a direct relative.

Destro23

Reaction score

Arseface;407735 said:
Don't get me wrong, it's entirely possible that you are right. I just think, that based on the evidence you provided, and the sentiment felt towards Reaver by the vast majority of Fable fans, that it is very, very unlikely.

As long as you're considering it.

Here is the simplest evidence:
1: Reaver lived in the same town as the Hero of Oakvale and they are the only two male residences that have been immortal. His bloodline definitely makes him a immortal. Because they've never confirmed to have met, they may be one and the same person. What main characters are bi-sexual? Reaver, Hero of Oakvale, and the Hero of Bowerstone. Exclusive group. Reaver and the Hero of Oakvale are the only two heroes to seek the gift of youth. which is why Reaver burned Oakvale. Reaver killed the pirate king. The Hero of Oakvale killed the bandit king. Same spot twice. but probably hundreds of years apart. they both care a melee and range weapon, no other heroes did this.

2: The shadow court that Reaver invoked burned Oakvale 300 years ago. The Hero of Oakvale lived in the same village 200 years before that. the shadow court Reaver summons appears where theresa stood in Oakvale.

3: The hero of oakvale is said to have died from old age at serenity farm but theresa is still alive. Reaver says he is no longer his former "frail" form. by this he refers to being remorseful to the destruction he caused in oakvale. this lack of remorse is the death of his former self and the birth of Reaver. the hero of oakvale didn't stop Reaver, why?

4: lionhead would keep such a secret from the fans, look at archon scythe's roll in fable I.

5: Theresa doesn't stay with the hero of oakvale. Originally she was more of a bandit than a hero, now she is more of a hero than a bandit. Couldn't the hero of oakvale POSSIBLY become more of a bandit than a hero?

6: possibly the most important reason...Why couldn't you become a real king? you could be the mayor or bandit king. you didn't buy a title you just were. what is Reaver, a mayor and bandit king.

Everything we know about reaver connects back to the hero of oakvale. short of the new inventions. The only thing we learn about the hero of oakvale in fable II is he was part of an immortal bloodline and word is he died in serinity farm from old age. that is it. and serenity farm is very magical. it is in a town called Oakfield, a replacement for Oakvale. his house was HIDDEN. He lived in a hidden house and disappeared from existence. If he was alive, and he was, he would not have allowed Reaver to curse Oakvale unless he couldn't stop him. Reaver is a new persona, only 200 years old. Before that reaver could have been any kind of person. Reaver was the most "unlikely source" of destruction as theresa put as you walk through wraithmarsh.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Destro23;407739 said:
As long as you're considering it.

Here is the simplest evidence:
1: Reaver lived in the same town as the Hero of Oakvale and they are the only two male residences that have been immortal. His bloodline definitely makes him a immortal.

You're whole argument is based on the members of this bloodline being immortal. That's obviously not the case, because we all saw Scarlet Robe die at the hands of Jack.

Destro23;407739 said:
Because they've never confirmed to have met, they may be one and the same person.

Your theory is that because they've never met, then they must be the same person?

Destro23;407739 said:
What main characters are bi-sexual? Reaver, Hero of Oakvale, and the Hero of Bowerstone. Exclusive group.

Fable said:
Homosexuality, same-sex marriage, and polygamy are universally legal and widely accepted.

Not so exclusive.

Destro23;407739 said:
Reaver and the Hero of Oakvale are the only two heroes to seek the gift of youth. which is why Reaver burned oakvale.

Considering that a good Hero of Oakvale is canon, then it seems unlikely that he would unwittingly slay his home town in pursuit of eternal youth.

Destro23;407739 said:
Reaver killed the pirate king. The Hero of Oakvale killed the bandit king. Same spot twice. but probably hundreds of years apart. they both care a melee and range weapon, no other heroes did this.

It's not surprising considering that there was a town built (and specifically the head of that town's house) on the same site.

Destro23;407739 said:
2: The shadow court that Reaver invoked burned Oakvale 300 years ago. The Hero of Oakvale lived in the same village 200 years before that. the shadow court Reaver summons appears where theresa stood in oakvale.

3: The hero of oakvale is said to have died from old age at serenity farm but theresa is still alive. Reaver says he is no longer his former "frail" form. by this he refers to being remorseful to the destruction he caused in oakvale. this lack of remorse is the death of his former self and the birth of Reaver. the hero of oakvale didn't stop Reaver, why?

Because the Hero of Oakvale, as it states in the description, died on Serenety Farm.

Destro23;407739 said:
4: lionhead would keep such a secret from the fans, look at archon scythe's roll in fable I.

I'm under the impression that the Tales of Albion were written after the completion of Fable TLC.

Destro23;407739 said:
5: Theresa doesn't stay with the hero of oakvale. Originally she was more of a bandit than a hero, now she is more of a hero than a bandit. Couldn't the hero of oakvale POSSIBLY become more of a bandit than a hero?

Not considering that the Hero of Oakvale is accepted as having been good.

Destro23;407739 said:
6: possibly the most immortant reason...Why couldn't you become an archon or king? you could be the mayor or bandit king. you didn't buy a title you just were. what is Reaver, a mayor and bandit king.

I don't understand what you're saying.

Destro23;407739 said:
Everything we know about reaver connects back to the hero of oakvale. short of the new inventions. The only thing we learn about the hero of oakvale in fable II is he was part of an immortal bloodline and word is he died in serinity farm from old age. that is it. and serinity farm is very magical. it is in a town called Oakfield, a replacement for Oakvale. his house was HIDDEN. He lived in a hidden house and disappeared from existence. If he was alive, and he was, he would not have allowed Reaver to curse Oakvale unless he couldn't stop him. Reaver is a new persona, only 200 years old. Before that reaver could have been any kind of person. Reaver was the most "unlikely source" of destruction.

Now that just sounds like mindless speculation based on wishful thinking and misinformation. Nowhere does it state when the Hero of Oakvale died. It could have been ten years after the events of Fable TLC, for all we know. There's no reason to believe that the two are connected in any way.

Destro23

Reaction score

Two Items about Scarlett Robe and Immorality.

The Immortals Book
The Sword of Aeons

She was immortal too, but the sword is fueled by immortal blood. Fable TLC saying it is unknown if it was used to fight the archon or by the archon. It was both. It is William's Sword and Jack of Blade's Sword.

when i said "archon scythe" i didn't mean the actual fact that they named him as such. i mean all of the history about archon and the old kingdom and the one who wielded the sword of aeons. after all that leading on and build up, they didn't tell us until they made fable II that scythe was the archon they were always talking about. i was blown away when they confirmed what i only speculated. i had made that connection a long time ago. he is the oldest man alive.

The hero of Bowerstone was a MAYOR and a BANDIT KING,
Reaver is a MAYOR and a BANDIT KING. I pointed out the connection.

Theresa has no special magic keeping her alive. She just is. Like Scythe and Reaver. Reaver dates back 200 years. Before that he had a former life. Before Scythe was a hero he was an Archon and William Black and probably a good and bad king. Before Theresa was a hero she was a bandit. How does Theresa's brother age to death? I heard the archon died in Fable I like all the time.

Lets say you're right and the Hero of Oakvale dies 10 years after the end of TLC. Why wasn't he immortal?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Destro23;407745 said:
Two Items about Scarlett Robe and Immorality.

The Immortals Book
The Sword of Aeons

She was immortal too, but the sword is fueled by immortal blood.

But... she died. How can she be both immortal and dead?

Destro23;407745 said:
Fable TLC saying it is unknown if it was used to fight the archon or by the archon. It was both. It is William's Sword and Jack of Blade's Sword.

That part doesn't make sense.

Destro23;407745 said:
The hero of Bowerstone was a MAYOR and a BANDIT KING,
Reaver is a MAYOR and a BANDIT KING. I pointed out the connection.

Where does it say that the Hero of Oakvale becomes the bandit king?

Destro23;407745 said:
Theresa has no special magic keeping her alive. She just is. Like Scythe and Reaver.

Who says?

Destro23;407745 said:
Reaver dates back 200 years. Before that he had a former life. Before Scythe was a hero he was an Archon and William Black and probably a good and bad king. Before Theresa was a hero she was a bandit. How does Theresa's brother age to death? I heard the archon died in Fable I like all the time.

That's because that was before Lionhead had written the extended backstory of the Fable universe. They didn't know at the time that they were going to make Scythe and the first Archon the same person. Not to mention that the people of Fable I could have been talking about any of the Archons.

Destro23;407745 said:
Lets say you're right and the Hero of Oakvale dies 10 years after the end of TLC. Why wasn't he immortal?

Because people don't live forever? There's nothing

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

I've got facts too!!

The Guildmaster is Reaver!!

- Weaver is The Guildmaster's Hero Name, It Sounds Like Reaver!
- Weaver was bald, And reaver wear's a wig! Coincidence!??!?!
- Weaver was around at the same time as Reaver.
- Weaver left his frail form, as the Guildmaster.
- If Weaver died like it was said, why wasn't he immortal? He's a hero.
- Weaver was obviously Bi-Sexual. Duh.
- Because I say so, he's Reaver.

As you can see, some of what you're saying has good merit, while some is opinion. Please ask Lionhead if it's a big deal.

BUSTED

Destro23

Reaction score

Arseface;407757 said:
But... she died. How can she be both immortal and dead?

That part doesn't make sense.

Where does it say that the Hero of Oakvale becomes the bandit king?

Who says?

That's because that was before Lionhead had written the extended backstory of the Fable universe. They didn't know at the time that they were going to make Scythe and the first Archon the same person. Not to mention that the people of Fable I could have been talking about any of the Archons.

Because people don't live forever? There's nothing

I don't think you know or understand much about fable's story. Have you seen highlander? There is something in the game that says why Theresa is 500 years old. Its the book of immortals, READ IT. It doesn't say crap about magic, it says bloodline.

I just explained the sword as jack told you in the first game is fueled by the bloodline. the immortals book says that these people have unnatural long life. the sword is from the void, it was jacks but william took it or was given it. The sword is connected to the bloodline and jack. It is BOTH a weapon and a weakness for the bloodline. look at the handle, it has spikes going into the weilder like teeth. Dude this is the history of the game, maybe you should play it.

The hero of oakvale becomes a bandit king when you challenge twinblade. You can actually lead all the bandits into Oakvale for another raid if you want to after twinblade. Did you think another character killed Twinblade at his tent infront of all of the bandits? Even if he didn't kill him, he still took rule away.

Lionhead hadn't finished the story of Archon? Do you think they've finished the Hero of Oakvale's story?

If you don't believe immortality was in fable's story you must have been playing another game. jack was very immortal... and now he is dead.

you have no facts, you can point out nothing, you can only nay-say. you're actually really ruining this thread now so stop. and i'm tired of other people doing it too because its a tready way to band waggon what you don't understand. i think you're all jealous you didn't think of it first.

Destro23

Reaction score

Arc Caster;407816 said:
I've got facts too!!

The Guildmaster is Reaver!!

- Weaver is The Guildmaster's Hero Name, It Sounds Like Reaver!
- Weaver was bald, And reaver wear's a wig! Coincidence!??!?!
- Weaver was around at the same time as Reaver.
- Weaver left his frail form, as the Guildmaster.
- If Weaver died like it was said, why wasn't he immortal? He's a hero.
- Weaver was obviously Bi-Sexual. Duh.
- Because I say so, he's Reaver.

As you can see, some of what you're saying has good merit, while some is opinion. Please ask Lionhead if it's a big deal.

BUSTED

URG! How is that remotely helpful? Adding made up facts and causing confusion in the thread readers. How old are you?

There is no proof Reaver's hair is a wig, they just reused it as a wig so it could be. Weaver was not around the same time as Reaver. Weaver was not a bloodline hero, he was not immortal. I can't believe you don't know these things. Weaver did not live for 200 years after fable I. the hero of oakvale killed him.

Nothing is busted, you didn't even poke a hole in my theory. thanks for ruining my thread though i really appreciate that.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

I Didn't Ruin The Thread, I Am 15, And I Did Know These Things. I'm Joking. I Was Saying You Had Some Good Points, And Some BS Ones. No Need To Get Sarcastic And Say I Ruined YOUR Thread.

Destro23;407826 said:
I don't think you know or understand much about you have no facts, you can point out nothing, you can only nay-say. you're actually really ruining this thread now so stop. and i'm tired of other people doing it too because its a tready way to band waggon what you don't understand. i think you're all jealous you didn't think of it first.

Who Do You Think You Are? The HoO Is Dead. Reaver Is His Own Hero. That Is My Opinion. No You Are Arguing Opinion Against Opinion With Another User, Two Now, With Mis-used Facts. That Is Why I Was So Extreme In My Post. And You Can Find Infinite Facts That Have No Merit, Then Boldly Claim Reaver Is The HoO. How? Because You Thought Of Posting It First. Want Me To Poke Holes In Your Theory?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I always like to think he is the hero for my own amusement. From certain angles he looks alot like the hero. (When he's posing for his picture) and Iunno Just felt like it from the momment I saw him. He's probably not, but I like to think so. I always thought, if you took the evil path (taking Jack's mask) That would seem to make him invincible. I mean how old was jack anyway? Seemed like the mask kept him alive. Then "reaver" made a deal with the shadows to have the mask removed so he could be free again, or something like that. :lol: just purely speculation.

And arseface, both of you have valuble opinions, but no need to nit-pick at this thread so badly, seems purely theoretical and here for discussion. :) ;)

Destro23

Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;407832 said:
I always like to think he is the hero for my own amusement. From certain angles he looks alot like the hero. (When he's posing for his picture) and Iunno Just felt like it from the momment I saw him. He's probably not, but I like to think so. I always thought, if you took the evil path (taking Jack's mask) That would seem to make him invincible. I mean how old was jack anyway? Seemed like the mask kept him alive. Then "reaver" made a deal with the shadows to have the mask removed so he could be free again, or something like that. :lol: just purely speculation.

And arseface, both of you have valuble opinions, but no need to nit-pick at this thread so badly, seems purely theoretical and here for discussion. :) ;)

that is exactly what this theory is about. it isn't about changing anything in the set story. its about looking at it more fully. to do this you have to keep your mind open to possibility and eyes on the game.

"Blind 'eh-- I'd prefer Mute."

Destro23

Reaction score

Arc Caster;407830 said:
I Didn't Ruin The Thread, I Am 15, And I Did Know These Things. I'm Joking. I Was Saying You Had Some Good Points, And Some BS Ones. No Need To Get Sarcastic And Say I Ruined YOUR Thread.

Who Do You Think You Are? The HoO Is Dead. Reaver Is His Own Hero. That Is My Opinion. No You Are Arguing Opinion Against Opinion With Another User, Two Now, With Mis-used Facts. That Is Why I Was So Extreme In My Post. And You Can Find Infinite Facts That Have No Merit, Then Boldly Claim Reaver Is The HoO. How? Because You Thought Of Posting It First. Want Me To Poke Holes In Your Theory?

If you're 15 you shouldn't even be here. I don't like it when I accidentally connect with kids playing this game. I am an adult, this is an adult game. I hope these are adult forums. If they aren't, I am definitely in the wrong place and I don't know how I got here.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

Destro23;407834 said:
If you're 15 you shouldn't even be here. I don't like it when I accidentally connect with kids playing this game. I am an adult, this is an adult game. I hope these are adult forums. If they aren't, I am definitely in the wrong place and I don't know how I got here.

The Game Is For Mature Audiences, And I'd Like To Think I'm Mature Enough To Play Fable And Fable 2. And Please Don't Get Me Wrong, I'd Kill For Reaver To Be HoO, It's Just Not Likely...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Destro23;407834 said:
There's alwats been 15 and/or below members lurking around here. :lol:

ciller

Reaction score

fable is rated 15+ in ireland i know in some places its rated mature ps i know there sex but it does not show anything so they let it slide

Destro23

Reaction score

i don't want to play with kids, haha

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

It's funny how the second you learn my age you instantly assume superiority. Well, Sorry to ruin your thread. I'll be going with my opinions to play Banjo Kazooie and Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.