• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Recommended Reading

Lore

Ragged Wanderer
Reaction score
Recommended Reading

Lets share what books we like to read.

I'm into historical fiction and my favourite series is Conn Iggulden's Conqueror series.

I highly recommended reading these books.

032739-FC50.jpg

Product Description
From the co-author of The Dangerous Book for Boys, comes the first in the widely anticipated Conqueror series featuring Genghis Khan and his descendants. A remarkable story of heroism and adventure, of a boy who had to become a man too soon, of a family and a tribe who had to learn to win to survive. A man without a tribe was at great risk, so the young boy abandoned with his siblings on the harsh Mongolian plains had to struggle to avoid death. He survived both starvation and hostile attacks by learning remarkable leadership skills and gathering a group of outsiders like himself. Hunted and alone, he dreamed of uniting the tribes into one house, one nation. He became a great warrior. He would become father to his people. He would be Genghis Khan.

lotb.jpg

Product Description
The epic, action-packed and powerful second novel in Conn Iggulden's bestselling Conqueror series, bringing to the story of Genghis Khan brilliantly to life The gathering of the tribes of the Mongols has been a long time in coming but finally, triumphantly, Temujin of the Wolves, Genghis Khan, is given the full accolade of the overall leader and their oaths. Now he can begin to meld all the previously warring people into one army, one nation. But the task Genghis has set himself and them is formidable. He is determined to travel to the land of the long-time enemy, the Chin and attack them there. The distances and terrain-the wide deserts, the impenetrable mountains-make it a difficult venture even for the legendary Mongolian speed of movement, but the greatest problem is that of the complex fortifications, a way of fighting wars of a settled urban population which the nomadic Mongolians had never come across. Finding ways to tackle that and keeping his tribes together in a strange environment presents another new and exciting challenge for Genghis Khan. Not only must Genghis succeed in this incredible campaign, but he must also reconcile the restless factions among his own generals, mediate between his ambitious brothers and cope with his own reactions to his growing sons. The young warrior has become a notable and victorious military commander of thousands: he must now learn to become a great leader of peoples of many different races and religions. Lords of the Bow is a deeply satisfying novel. It is epic in scope, convincing, and fascinating in the narration of an extraordinary story. Above all Genghis Khan continues to dominate the scene as he matures from the young boy of Wolf of the Plains to the great Conqueror.

%7B60078585-9BB4-4EC7-96BF-016D4CE110D9%7DImg100.jpg

Product Description
The powerful and exhilarating third novel in Conn Iggulden's No. 1 bestselling Conqueror series, following the life and adventures of the mighty Genghis Khan The fatherless boy, exiled from his tribe, whom readers have been following in 'Wolf of the Plains' and 'Lords of the Bow', has grown into the great king, Genghis Khan. He has united the warring tribes and even taken his armies against the great cities of their oldest enemies. Now he finds trouble rising west of the Mongolian plains. His emissaries are mutilated or killed; his trading gestures rebuffed. So, dividing his armies, using his sons as generals of the various divisions, he sends them out simultaneously in many directions, ranging as far as modern Iran and Iraq. As well as discovering new territories, exacting tribute from conquered peoples, laying waste the cities which resist, this policy is also a way of diffusing the rivalries between his sons and heirs and working out who should succeed the khan. This, the third book in the Conqueror series, is once more an epic story. Genghis Khan is an exhilarating and heroic figure. The sense of his ambition and his power, the relationships with his wives, sons and trusted aides, the sweep of his conquests, is all brought together by a masterful storytelling. It is a compelling read. With each book, you are left, even more, longing for the next.

It is possible to read the 2nd book first, then the 3rd and then the 1st book at the end. The 2nd book is definitely the most entertaining and you won't feel lost starting from there.

Since I bought this series I've gotten 4 friends into books now. Its really that good. Lots of funny moments too.

Why not order a copy from amazon.com? Or borrow it from your local library.

I give the series 10/10. But don't just take my word for it. Read some reviews online about it.

Here is his site:
http://www.conniggulden.com/

Also, I think the american version of the first book goes by the name 'Birth Of An Empire'

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Recommended Reading

tl;dr

Sorry m8 ;D

I like to read books that have something to do with games. E.g. Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

It seems like a good read and I am also into that kind of fiction books. I was really entertained by LotR and the Narnia seris and also Ted Dekker's "Black". Are the books related in a manner of which the story plot stays consistant and is relative if you read the books in order, or are they each individual books?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I like alotta stuff, lol you read books about videogames?

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

well i only read once every 2 months, and when tht time comes i normally read nonstop 3 books at once or a whole series so about a month ago i finished readin the Edge Chronicles, Aspho fields and jacintos remnant. and the latest book in tht dragon series eragon thingie. all good normally i wont read something if the opening chapter does not grab me or interest me so i dont read much because im picky

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

I don't expect anyone on a website like this to be into good literature.

I've been meaning to read those books, OP. They look very good indeed. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check them out.

Lore

Ragged Wanderer
Reaction score

Jack Of Blades.;353148 said:
It seems like a good read and I am also into that kind of fiction books. I was really entertained by LotR and the Narnia seris and also Ted Dekker's "Black". Are the books related in a manner of which the story plot stays consistant and is relative if you read the books in order, or are they each individual books?

I read LOTR aswell but I read it after I watched the film so it didn't seem as good.

These books about Genghis Khan are really very good! Best set of books I've read in my life!

Read the first book if you want to know about how he grew up, his mind set, his early enemies.

Start with the second book if you want to go from where he has just become an established leader.

He has 3 brothers and a sister so there are lots of funny bits.
You learn alot about culture too and there are many culture clashes in the story.

The guy who wrote it is very talented. He has some older books too about Caesar but I haven't read them yet.

I wouldn't advise reading the 3rd book as a stand alone. Best to read in either of these two orders:

or