• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Replay Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Replay Value

the point i was trying to make (while remaining on topic) was that zelda manages to hardly ever disappoint, while still having virtually no replay value. why? because they dedicate every kilobyte in the games software to the story mode. you have a lot to do, and it takes a long time to do it. puzzles make a room that would ordinarily take you 2 minutes take as long as 20 if you get stumped. i'm not saying that fable needs to be a puzzle game, but right now they are shooting to have a longer story line AND replay value.

i don't think fable has really been known for either (sorry necro, but most of us can't beat it over and over again after a while). my point is, they should focus all of their resources on making the single player story and world as big, rich, and full of exploration as possible. they claim that it's the "biggest world in a microsoft game ever", but most of that could just be empty space to run over and watch the pretty sunset from. my point is, not everyone takes the time to do a job, or marry, or buy a house, or gamble, or see what getting drunk is like.
that's me. i like a story line that i can start and finish in one sitting without boring myself. something substantial, long, engaging, and (occasionally) challenging. that's what i'm hoping to get in Fable 3, because if not then i think PM should maybe do an internship at Nintendo.

Fable is great and all, but it has yet to surpass Elder Scrolls or The Legend of Zelda.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score

I think Fable III will have a lot of replay value, making different choices to affect the world around you.

Kazmir

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;434502 said:
the point i was trying to make (while remaining on topic) was that zelda manages to hardly ever disappoint, while still having virtually no replay value. why? because they dedicate every kilobyte in the games software to the story mode. you have a lot to do, and it takes a long time to do it. puzzles make a room that would ordinarily take you 2 minutes take as long as 20 if you get stumped. i'm not saying that fable needs to be a puzzle game, but right now they are shooting to have a longer story line AND replay value.

i don't think fable has really been known for either (sorry necro, but most of us can't beat it over and over again after a while). my point is, they should focus all of their resources on making the single player story and world as big, rich, and full of exploration as possible. they claim that it's the "biggest world in a microsoft game ever", but most of that could just be empty space to run over and watch the pretty sunset from. my point is, not everyone takes the time to do a job, or marry, or buy a house, or gamble, or see what getting drunk is like.
that's me. i like a story line that i can start and finish in one sitting without boring myself. something substantial, long, engaging, and (occasionally) challenging. that's what i'm hoping to get in Fable 3, because if not then i think PM should maybe do an internship at Nintendo.

Fable is great and all, but it has yet to surpass Elder Scrolls or The Legend of Zelda.

ok i agree zelda is focused on the story mode and it is a good story BUT (lol) what do you do once you beat it? It no longer has value and then you fill you wasted your mulah. I just want to prevent that in fable.

Status
Not open for further replies.