• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Request: Summon Traders

Assasin15

Reaction score
Request: Summon Traders

I've been thinking about this for a very long time and I really want it!

When your fighting a lot of men, you can summon swords and 1 Monster to help you. Because I have the Swords-summon maxed out and modded, it's storng enough and I don't use the Summon Monster spell..

That's why I really would like to be able to Summon a Trader. And I would like to be able to adjust the traders inventory. Could some skilled modder(MarcoPolo, Oldboy, droded) mod this for me?

And put it in FMP, so multiple members can enjoy it :D

Reward: +1 rep :p

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score
Re: Request: Summon Traders

I'm sure this could be done, as the trader is simply a interactive creature, but you'd have to adjust the trader's inventory outside of the game. I might be wrong though; if I were you, I'd wait for a more experienced modder to respond to this thread...I'm fairly new to this stuff, so I can't be too much help.

EDIT: I took a shot at this, and I made the Trader my default summon, but you can't interact with him, so you wouldn't be able to buy anything from him. Maybe someone with more experience could find a way, but from what I tried, it seems impossible. Sorry :(

jwc2200

Reaction score

You can change items sold by traders and prices. Rather than summon them you can just spawn them with AlibionExplorer in places you spend alot of time or that are easy to get to. Using AE start out to spawn a bodyguard, then change the Definition Type to a trader. The ones that you need are:

CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_01 sells potions + produce inc. crunchy chicks
CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_02 sells steel weaps+produce inc. cider crate
CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_03 sells mast weaps+potions
CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_04 sells emeralds+beer kegs
CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_TATTOOIST_01
CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_TATTOOIST_02
CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_TATTOOIST_03
CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_BARBER_01
CREATURE_TRADER_STOCKED_BARBER_02
spaces are added by posting so fix those or use FE list of creatures

Those are the wandering traders. I added a few things they sell just to identify them. You do not need both tattooist or barbers if you spawn the style cards you like in a chest or bookcase. Change what traders sell using this post:

http://forums.projectego.net/change-traders-price-percentage-charged-7883/

My post concerns price and has a list showing the traders you need, I think the link to Teyr's post will tell how to change what they sell.

Good luck,

Jason

Assasin15

Reaction score

Well.. I know how to do all that, but that's not what i want..

I want to spawn a trader, and be able to trade with that trader.. I know spawning a Trader is possible, I tried it myself and it worked out fine. I think it needs another Brain to be able to trade without, though I'm not sure.. That's why I want skillful modders to look in to this..