• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revenge..

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Its circumstantial and ive gained revenge many times over if ive thought the person has deserved it. Sometimes ive felt better after it but most of the time it makes you look as bad as them, like you have stooped to their level and often makes you look like a d*** if im honest. You remember my whole situation with best friend going out with my ex girlfriend (and marrying her eventually) and all that and rumours circulating things had been going on a while. I took revenge by smashing his jaw and throwing him through a shop window. Made me feel a hell of a lot better at the time but made me look like a d*** in the grand scheme of things. I was angry and let that control what I thought he deserved but didnt make me look like the wronged party after that incident as people were more sympathetic with him to an extent.

Looking back I should have just walked away and left them to it and kept my dignity knowing I had done nothing wrong in the whole situation.

Yeah, I do remember and I agree. An eye for an eye can make the world blind. When my ex-wife was cheating on me with that guy, I wanted to destroy him, but I realized it wouldn't be right.. he did nothing wrong. She after all was lying to him through texts claiming she wasn't married etc., so he didn't even have a clue. But her, well I totally wanted to chokeslam her off the damn roof, but of course I didn't.. it wouldn't have made things any better nor easier.

I don't really believe in karma, bad things happen to everyone eventually with certain actions producing expected consequences and some people will forever get away with something. When I see someone getting away with doing bad things, it just feels so wrong even though I probably shouldn't pursue retribution.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, I do remember and I agree. An eye for an eye can make the world blind. When my ex-wife was cheating on me with that guy, I wanted to destroy him, but I realized it wouldn't be right.. he did nothing wrong. She after all was lying to him through texts claiming she wasn't married etc., so he didn't even have a clue. But her, well I totally wanted to chokeslam her off the damn roof, but of course I didn't.. it wouldn't have made things any better nor easier.

I don't really believe in karma, bad things happen to everyone eventually with certain actions producing expected consequences and some people will forever get away with something. When I see someone getting away with doing bad things, it just feels so wrong even though I probably shouldn't pursue retribution.

What comes around goes around and when someone cheats on them etc in the future they will understand how it feels and learn about the pain they brought to you.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
What comes around goes around and when someone cheats on them etc in the future they will understand how it feels and learn about the pain they brought to you.

I would like to think that, but there have been people who have gotten away with things their whole lives. She'll only understand if she ever gets cheated on or if her lies start to catch up with her.

But I've gotten over it and since then I would hope she has wised up and realized. I'd rather both her and the guy not have to know what it's like.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I would like to think that, but there have been people who have gotten away with things their whole lives. She'll only understand if she ever gets cheated on or if her lies start to catch up with her.

But I've gotten over it and since then I would hope she has wised up and realized. I'd rather both her and the guy not have to know what it's like.

Some people are lucky like that but they will be hurt by something at some point, maybe not as much as they may deserve for their past actions but some none the less.

Reaction score
I like to think that my signature displays my attitude towards revenge well enough for people to know which way I stand.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Well... yes and no.

On one hand...

On the other, revenge can very well be deserved. You have to be very careful about which route you take to achieve it. Settling for dealing out less than you think they deserve is key.
Eye for an eye does not work. If you can find it in yourself to leave it to karma, that's probably the best way to go.
If you can't leave it to karma, then handle it in court.
If no laws were technically broken by either party, then you're better off not doing anything.

Nothing looks more pathetic than two people going back and forth at each other without actually breaking any laws.
In fact, it's people like that who made Jerry Springer a rich man.

Well, even if karma doesn't exist as a universal law, it's a comforting thought. You see someone who screwed you over long ago now down on their luck. To me karma is the comforting idea that you will always be able to revel in their misery later on. At the same time, you don't deserve anything of the sort that happens to you so long as you do the right thing.

You win and everyone you don't like loses! I fail to see what isn't great about this.