• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumors In The Air!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Rumors In The Air!

droded;50818 said:
No I reckon a movie would work, you just have 2 main characters, one good, one evil with various cutscenes.

Thats what I was thinking but the ending would be tough only one could defeat Jack or maybe they both fight Jack and win then the end scene it the two heroes fight each other to the death. I don't think that has ever been done in a movie. The DVD could have alternate endings where each one wins.

All in all though I'd rather they focus on Fable 2 then, Fable 3 then...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;50892 said:
Thats what I was thinking but the ending would be tough only one could defeat Jack or maybe they both fight Jack and win then the end scene it the two heroes fight each other to the death. I don't think that has ever been done in a movie. The DVD could have alternate endings where each one wins.

All in all though I'd rather they focus on Fable 2 then, Fable 3 then...

Yeah i personally dont think a movie would work as its would be your bog standard good or evil wins hero type movie. I think all focus will be focused on Fable 2 and then other projects before they make Fable 3 i expect to see other games from them.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well they could be brothers, and then at the end they are about to kill each other but then come to their senses and walk off, then various cutscenes about how each of them turned out after the main story.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;50894 said:
Yeah i personally dont think a movie would work as its would be your bog standard good or evil wins hero type movie. I think all focus will be focused on Fable 2 and then other projects before they make Fable 3 i expect to see other games from them.

I heard as much in an interview from PM he said he wanted to do something "out of genre"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;50926 said:
I heard as much in an interview from PM he said he wanted to do something "out of genre"

Yeah that is correct and i had heard the same.

R

-Ravan-

"Out of Genre" doesn't exactly mean "Movie" however. It might work if they make a movie based on another story of Fable. After all there are other heroes, perhaps they could base it on Archon's time, or at least one of the Archons, perhaps the last one.That way they could add Jack of Blades and Scyth in , and ancesters of Briar Rose and other characters. just an idea.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I reckon the Guild master AKA Weaver's story.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Yea I should have added more context. He was talking about what kind of game he might do next. Which would mean that a Fable 3 would be some time off :(

Denying all of the evidence to the contrary. I think having Fable 3 be placed in the Ancient world is a great idea. I know thats not what you said but + rep anyway. I hear what I want to hear :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

-Ravan-;50962 said:
"Out of Genre" doesn't exactly mean "Movie" however.

Thats not what he meant if you were referring to Albion Knights comment, he meant they were going to work on a game that wasnt an RPG.

R

-Ravan-

Yes but he didn't exactly say that which was why i said what i did. However whatever he does next will probably be at least worth watching/playing/reading you get the point.

on further note Thanx for the REP.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

-Ravan-;50979 said:
Yes but he didn't exactly say that which was why i said what i did. However whatever he does next will probably be at least worth watching/playing/reading you get the point.

Very true as the great Peter Molyneux has great vision in all his work.

F

FableFreak

Okay, can we all get past the rumors that Fable 2 is coming out soon? Although we can all hope we can't make it any faster (that happened with the first Fable and it wasn't as good as it could have been), maybe I'm sounding pessimistic but I am a pessimist so too bad. Also the idea of a Fable 2 movie is totally ABSURD! How can there be a Fable 2 movie if there is yet to be a complete Fable 2, and the idea is that you make your own fate, you don't follow a solid, single storyline or path. I don't see how they would make a movie that fully embodies Fable, they can name it and mock it up all they want but it won't be a Fable movie. (Kind of like the Doom movie, which wasn't bad, but it had nothing to do with the game...)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;50984 said:
I don't see how they would make a movie that fully embodies Fable, they can name it and mock it up all they want but it won't be a Fable movie. (Kind of like the Doom movie, which wasn't bad, but it had nothing to do with the game...)

Yeah i totally agree with that!

F

FableFreak

At least someone agree's with me... For once...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;50997 said:
At least someone agree's with me... For once...

I think you have a good point, in a game where the choices are yours and your fate isnt set and you choose your actions. How could they possibly implement that into a movie?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

OK if one came out and got good reviews would you go see it?
You're almost definitely right I couldn't be the same as the game. Movies are always less rich than books and games are no different. How could you cram 20+ Hours of game play into a two hour movie an not loose something. I think it would be soooooo cool to see a live actor dressed as the hero in all the various outfits ( a few in the movie the rest in the DVD). FX version of inferno or berzerk

E

Exxon-Pirate

Banes;50857 said:
Haha No offence then...Reason i hate it
  1. Hard Murder...Feel powerless
  2. Doesnt feel like u hit anything (bad combat system)
  3. Look retarded when running...
  4. Innkeeprs have two handed maces *pickpocket and found it..*
  5. IMPOSSIBLE nearly to pickpocket....Alway get caught
  6. Guards automaticly walk in house when u murder...
  7. And
  8. Many
  9. Many
  10. MORE

I've played Oblivion and not to like burn you or anything but. These things you've mentioned don't really make sense.
The reason you run like a fool in the game is because the movement was made to be played in First Person. It is Possible to pickpocket. but to be good at it you have to get your skill up. And if your quiet and know one witnesses you murder a person, no guards come. (off topic sorry)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Exxon-Pirate;51048 said:
I've played Oblivion and not to like burn you or anything but. These things you've mentioned don't really make sense.
The reason you run like a fool in the game is because the movement was made to be played in First Person. It is Possible to pickpocket. but to be good at it you have to get your skill up. And if your quiet and know one witnesses you murder a person, no guards come. (off topic sorry)

A fair point and ones i made to and might have been off topic but point has been made.

Back to topic now ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.