• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sanctuary and Map Bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faedil

Reaction score
Hello, I am having two issues with my game so far and wondering if a) anyone else is having this problem and b) if anyone has found a way to fix it. Thanks

First, when I press pause to return to the Sanctuary, pressing pause no longer returns me to my game. I must use the map to get out of the Sanctuary. This was only mildly annoying until I found myself in the Sanctuary and on a quest where fast travel was disabled. Only way to fix this was to return to the xbox dashboard and pray my game had saved recently.

Second, when using the map there is no way to a) get back out of the map or b) back out of zooming in. Once i choose to zoom in somewhere, I have to pray thats where I really wanted to be and pray there is something in that area I can fast travel too or I get stuck. My map issues are also affecting my ability to get married. When asked to pick a marital home, I am transfered to the map where I cannot choose ANY of the homes I currently own (ones that are rented and ones i am supposedly living in). Again, this causes me to return to the xbox dashboard and pray my game saved recently (but always causes my progress with that villager to reset)

I have tried the following fixes: I installed the game to my hard drive because I was told this can fix some bugs. I have restarted the game. I also shut down and restarted the xbox. Nothing has worked. Maybe I just need to wait for a patch from Lionshead but I can't find other people with the same issues almost anywhere on the web so I am worried it is somehow specific to me or very very rare issue. Thanks for any help or insight anyone can offer.

bbyers

Reaction score
I am having the same problems, it is driving me crazy and making me not even want to enter the sanctuary. I hope they can patch this soon because iv been stuck in the sanctuary many times now with no option but to restart the game.

Faedil

Reaction score
at least I'm not the only one with this problem. All my friend who have the game have not had this problem yet....I was feeling like it was only me, lol

Twiztidmaniac

Reaction score
Your not the only one. I like the game but its really starting to **** me off when I cannot do something as simple as get married or zoom out of the map...

Faedil

Reaction score
i have seemingly fixed the problem by simply starting the game over from the beginning...........which really isn't a solution at all. my second hero is not experiencing either problem yet and i was able to successfully marry a villager. still quite annoyed with it though.....spent 9 hours on my first hero before the issue got me annoyed enough to search forums on this issue.

Tylendel

Reaction score
This bug usually plagues ppl who are in co op mode....

Faedil

Reaction score
This bug usually plagues ppl who are in co op mode....
i've only spent about 4 minutes in co-op mode. i've spent about 8 hours in a new game (9 hrs played on the hero that is experiencing the issue) and have not had the same problem yet. i find it interesting that the bug is "hero" specific...........although i have yet to do co-op on this new hero. maybe ill stay away from co-op mode for now :)

AndurilWielder

Reaction score
I have had the same problem as well. It seems there are actually quite a few people with this issue, and since this will eventually lock up your game (ie: prevent you from making progress as there are some main quests out there that require a visit to the map room) this is an essential thing lionhead should address. I actually called their studio in England, but I couldn't get through because they asked for an extension number or said to leave a message.

I REALLY hope lionhead fixes this problem. :(

perdohdoh

o.O
Reaction score
lion pulled a microsoft on us all:|

so far only thing i have fun into is lag and my gamr froze once in a village. if anything lionhead is hopefully working on the bugs as we speak or they will face major financial losses.

snyder462

Reaction score
yeah this is bull did they not use the map in testing and why do i have to hit the xbox button to get an actual pause screen what a fail this is the fall of video game fail absolutely no good games they've all had problems

Status
Not open for further replies.